30 Day Shred for Lent (9th March - 8th April)

Options
Hi Guys!

I am planning to start the 30 Day Shred on Wednesday (9th March). This is also the first day of Lent...I'm not really religious at all but thought it would be a good way to choose a starting date !

I was just wondering if anyone would like to start the programme on this day too and we could all come back here and update on progress and help each other keep going!

Maybe even have a weekly weigh in/update on measurements?
If people are interested I will post up later on a form to fill in your details and goals for the outcome at the end of the 30 days 

Cheers for now,

E

Replies

• Dutchgirly
    Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey,

that's a great idea. I would love to. What is you goal? I would love to lose 10-20 pounds through lent. And exercise daily.

-carolyn
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    myself and my friend are starting 30 ds today - so I'd love to join, only I'll be a couple of days ahead . is that ok?? never done it before so it's gonna be interesting to see and bloody hard to do by all accounts:bigsmile:
  • Dutchgirly
    Options
    I'll start today too, let's get motivated ladies! I am off to the gym now :)
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    Im in :)
  • elainio
    elainio Posts: 77
    Options
    [What is you goal? I would love to lose 10-20 pounds through lent. And exercise daily.

-carolyn

Hi Carolyn!

I would love to lose inches! I’m not too worried about pounds because they seem to be coming off ok so I think I’ll concentrate on measuring my waist and hip measurements. I would also like my body fat % to drop by about 2% during the 30day shred but that might be a bit ambitious!
    myself and my friend are starting 30 ds today - so I'd love to join, only I'll be a couple of days ahead . is that ok?? never done it before so it's gonna be interesting to see and bloody hard to do by all accounts

Of course you can join, if we log our progress you can just pop yours up early so it is still comparable to the rest of us. It also means that you will be setting the target for use so we know how behind we are getting :P.

I am making up a form just now which I'll post before Wednesday and we can put starting measurements and weight on it. I'm going to include all the things I use to check my progress but just fill in the parts you are interested in. I thought we could update the form every ten days to see how we are all getting on. I'm sure it'll make more sense when I post it up!
  • Dutchgirly
    Options
    Losing Inches is a great Idea- I would like to also drop about 2% body fat. I have been punishing myself with that mid-evil method of restricted dieting, but not very active. Exercising at all everyday would really help me out. I have the post-college party body, definitely need to tone up.

I am excited about this forum, I am geared up and heading out to the gym now!

Good luck all!
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    brilliant, I'm in, aiming to lose inches, and still to be able to walk, heard it's hard on the legs lol
    I'll be starting today too x
    good luck everyone ;-)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    great idea! :)
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'd love to say "yes, yes, yes", but that woman scares me!!!! I tried to do it last year, when I was heavier, but gave up!!!!

I may be persuaded to try again...

LouiseXXX
  • elainio
    Options
    Come on Louise!! I have never done it before and even plan to keep up my other exercise. You can do and even if you do give you at least this time you know that it's just not the right work out for you! It's a win win ;)

E xxx
  • looby1968
    Options
    Come on Louise!! I have never done it before and even plan to keep up my other exercise. You can do and even if you do give you at least this time you know that it's just not the right work out for you! It's a win win ;)

E xxx

Oh, alright then!!!!! If I end up crying because she's evil, I'll blame you!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • jmvink
    jmvink Posts: 10
    Options
    Looking forward to starting, thanks for the invite !
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    I've just completed my first day, I've been doing Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack the last couple of days so I ache ALL over already so it was tough!!

Are we posting measurements on here too or just tracking them ourselves? xx
  • stig
    stig Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in too....
  • elainio
    Options
    Ok Guys,
    I took my measurements last night and then did my day one this morning. I really enjoyed it but did have to have a couple of 5-10second breaks. Hopefully I won’t need to do that as the days go on! Here are my starting measurements

STARTING MEASUREMENTS
    Weight: 164.2lb
    Waist: 29.5”
    Hips: 38”
    Belly: 37”
    Thighs: 23”
    Upper Arm: 12”
    Body Fat Mass: 39lb
    Body Fat %: 24.1%

I am going to update my measurements after 10, 20 and 30 day. If you started earlier than me then please still feel free to post your measurements after your 10, 20 and 30th days and I'll make a table of how well we are doing! You don’t have to fill in everything that I did, you can just fill out what is of interest to you.

Also I have made a calendar so I can tick off the days hahaha!

Happy shredding everyone!
  • jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    Options
    bump
  • Strigiformes
    Options
    I've been looking for a new dvd to do - so I'll join you for this :)

STARTING MEASUREMENTS
    Weight 170.5
    Waist 36"
    Hips 39.5"
    Belly 38.5"
    Thighs 25.5
    Upper Arm 12
    Body fat % 31.4

I'll have my first session after work today, so I'll report back on how I get on. I think it's a little higher impact than I'm used to.
  • sparkle100
    Options
    Stupid question but what is "30 Day Shred"??
    :(
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i'd quite like to join, as the DVD arrived yesterday, but I am not sure if I can start tonight, might have to be tomorrow for me.
    I'll add my details tonight or tomorrow morning

TM
  • looby1968
    Options

E xxx

Oh, alright then!!!!! If I end up crying because she's evil, I'll blame you!!!!!

LouiseXXX

Oh, alright then. I have to concede, I actually managed the workout with out crying!!!!! :tongue:

I was 33lbs heavier when I did it last year and I became really disheartened. The workout seemed to last for ever!!!!!! But today I did level 1, straight after 'walking 3 miles with Leslie Sansone', and I managed 99% of it. I used to follow Anita, religiously, but I'm somewhere between her and Natalie now!!!

I'm much better at the cardio, though I hate the jump rope!

Roll on day 2!!!!

LouiseXXXXXXX