"Shreddin' It & Forgettin' It"

Options

Replies

• wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Day 9, level 1 done. I still can't do all the push ups unmodified, but I think that's a mental thing and not physical. I will try to make tomorrow my best day so I can feel good about moving up to level 2 on Thursday. I feel like I'm "back on the wagon" again. I started slipping a lot the last couple of weeks and as of yesterday I'm back to eating how I normally would.

All is well in Shreddington.
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Day 7 L1 done! I was able to get through most of it without stopping. I'm getting stronger and my endurance is kicking in. The only problem I'm having is, Jillian's voice is becoming annoying. I almost have to tune her out and concentrate on my moves.

Shred on!

e2c7c8047f6549e.gif
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have done the shred before so I am just alternating the level each day so I dont get sick of the same workout and I work different muscles so I am not extremely sore.

I actually find parts of level 3 much easier than 2.

I have to apoligize because I have not been following your pledge completely. I have only been able to get the shred in so far and no real extra cardio. Between my full-time job and being a mom to 3 crazy boys I am exhausted by the end of the day. I must say I am extremely proud of myself of doing the shred every single day even on late days and days that I did not feel like doing it. Its become part of my routine. I hope to have more energy soon so I can add in another workout.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Day 9- Done!

I went back to level 1 after my episode yesterday. Tomorrow should be my last day on level 1, but I really don't know if I'm going to be able to do level 2. Parts of level 1 are still hard.

I wish they had heavier people on the DVD (yes, this what I've started thinking about to tune Jillian out because I was screaming at her to STFU today! LOL!). Not everyone looks as graceful as Anita and Natalie do. Not everyone has lovely abs to look at when doing crunches.
  • pj_writer
    pj_writer Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    level 1, day 6 done.
    I'm so proud of myself for not missing a day.
    I've not done extra cardio other than walking to and from school with my kids though, it's hard to fit much else in the day.
    I'm definitely losing fat - my hipbones are getting closer to the surface!
    I'm feeling really manic though and am not sleeping well. Anyone else affected like this. It's not as if I'm exercising in the evening but I'm still really wired all day and can't wind down at bedtime. It's weird.
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Ok, day 5 - level 1 done... I almost didn't do it. I almost resisted and stayed in bed a bit longer. Half of me kept saying "One day is not going to kill you" Then the other half said "It's only 20 minutes!"

Fortunately the latter of the two won. I got up, and I did it! I am proud of myself.

QUESTION: Is anyone else finding the Jumping Jacks to be difficult? I keep jumping backwards, and for some reason I can't do the jumping jacks in the slow motion that the girls are doing it. I end up going SUPER fast, and exhausting myself out before they are done. I can't seem to get into the rythym that they just seamlessly fall into. It is frustrating.

Other then the Bicep Curls with the front Lunges, the jumping jacks are my LEAST favorite.
  • shanna5
    shanna5 Posts: 69
    Options
    Got up at 4:45 am (what is wrong w/ me???) to get Day 9 completed! Did Levels 1 & 2 today, then ran 3.5 mi on the treadmill and walked an extra 1/2 mile. Feeling good today, glad the exercise part is over for the day!

So Shredders, just curious, where does everyone live? I live in Colorado.
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Got up at 4:45 am (what is wrong w/ me???) to get Day 9 completed! Did Levels 1 & 2 today, then ran 3.5 mi on the treadmill and walked an extra 1/2 mile. Feeling good today, glad the exercise part is over for the day!

So Shredders, just curious, where does everyone live? I live in Colorado.

Great workout!!! I Live in Lethbridge, AB (Canada)
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Day 9 Level 2 done! :) I found the plank jacks a bit easier today! :smile: I also jogged for 35 minutes on my treadmill. I can't believe we're almost 1/2 way there! Keep Shreddin' everyone and have a fabulous day :drinker:
  • CaityB14
    CaityB14 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Day 7- Did my Shred then found a video on the tv with cardio moves. I did that for about 15 minutes. Going to work later so I will be walking around there...
  • madysmom99
    madysmom99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in Bancroft Ontario - cottage country :)

Day 2 -level 1 done

I was actually pumped to do this again even though I'm aching all over...probably has to do with using too heavy weights!
  • horizonsp
    horizonsp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done-did level 1..
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Today would have been Day 6, but I didn't sleep well, so I thought I'd do it this evening rather than this morning. Then I got a vertigo attack at work. Now I'm tired and nauseated and not going to do my work out. Hoping to feel better tomorrow.
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Well I'm back from our mini vacation. I hope it's okay if I jump back in where I left off :embarassed: Day 6 level 1 will be tonight. I'm really tempted to start back at day one since I know my endurance has probably went back down after missing a few days. I also would really like to say I did all 30 days straight. Which do you guys think is best? I was planning on moving on to level two after day 10 but I don't think I'll be ready in 4 days!
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Day 10 level 1 done!
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off the shredding it wagon.... So my results will be based on more like 20-25 days instead of 30.

It's beens a nice 30 day visit and it was nice seeing my mom and hanging out and helping her but i can't wait to get back to my routine :)

Glad to see the commitment here!!

WTG guys!
  • Dawn111567
    Options
    Day 9 and level 2 done. Today was my 2nd day doing Level 2 and I did better today at it than yesterday but that may have to do with having my sneakers on to help me balance more. I have a long way to go before I feel good about how I did it.
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hey all! I've been pretty discouraged lately... Working out and getting nowhere. I've been reading about eating your exercise calories. Some days I'd net a couple hundred, so I'm guessing that maybe my downfall. That and eating my sons snacks...that being said I measured myself and I've lost a little more than an inch on every area but my bust. No weight. Still fluctuating between 211-214. :(

Did the workout today though
  • jeanaustin
    jeanaustin Posts: 101
    Options
    I just found this group and have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred since 2/26. I'm on Level 2 - Day 2 as of this morning. I was feeling so good with Level 1, but I have to say Level 2 is KICKING MY BUTT!! I've been tracking my calories burned as Circuit Training, but I feel like I'm burning more than 180 calories. I cannot wait to get a HRM! Anyway, I thought I would post my measurements as I weighed and measured right before starting up with JM. I'm going to do my measurements again this Friday.

My Starting 2/26 Measurements were:
    Chest: 42" / Left Arm: 10" / Waist at belly button: 37" / Hips: 40.75" / Left Thigh: 25"
    Weight on 2/28: 152.4
    CW: 148.8
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Day 8 level 1 done.

It was hard today. I did it this afternoon as oppose to first thing in the morning. Big mistake!
    Also, my boyfriend has P90X and is going to burn his DVDs for me. So I think I'm going to slowly start to integrate those into my workouts and when the shred is up hop into the P90. Anyone wanna do it with me?!