• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    The number of people that said no cheating makes me sad. :frown:
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You are a cutie, Ed, and I am a complete fail at your list. :smooched:

Hahaha...Yeah. I'd definitely fail this one too. I think that when it comes down to it though. When you meet someone that you're into, there are always exceptions to the rule.
    Good luck! :smile:
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I just got out of two back to back long term relationships (not at the same time of course ;) ) so I have to say I am enjoying the time to myself at the moment.

You do miss having someone you can completely speak your mind to about anything. *sigh*
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    well I totally failed your list Ed. I think I passed 2 of the 10. The worse one, the one I could never live with is #7. Hate hate hate the robots from the evil empire.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    1. MUST NOT CHEAT (my ex did, won't get into that again!)
    2. Love children (I have 2)
    3. Patient (my one child is special needs)
    4. Love to **cuddle** :blushing:
    5. Love to read in the sun (a favorite activity for me in warm weather!)
    6. Be up for anything...biking, hiking, swimming, tobogganing, building forts, etc
    7. Love to watch B rated horror, action and end of the world type movies (my favorite, hate "chick flicks")
    8. Love or at least like dogs and tats (I have one of each)
    9. Like to surprise me with tokens of affection once in a while (a flower, night out, massage, etc)
    10. Have the same values as I do (employed, honest, trustworthy, kind, etc)

All that being said I've been single for 3 years and am missing the "cuddles" but otherwise am pretty comfortable with my life.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Okay my top 10
    1) must be active - hanging out on the couch everyonce in awhile is fine but I like to be outdoor doing things
    2) must love baseball - all teams but the Yankees
    3) must be okay not having kids
    4) must love to travel
    5) must be at least 5'8 so they will be taller then me in heels
    6) must have a job
    7) must not be a momma's boy
    8) must have a car
    9) must get my dry sense of humor
    10) must understand I am not their maid
  • leadvocalchick
    leadvocalchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What a great post! As a recently single chick, I am going to take some time to focus on myself and not worry about a relationship. However, I will keep these things in mind for the future....

1. Must love God
    2. Must love cats (and dogs, even though they make me sneeze)
    3. MUST NOT CHEAT (this would/could be all 10, but that'd be overkilll - all caps gets the point across!)
    4. Must love football (from PeeWee to Pro), Nascar, and an occasional night out bowling
    5. Must love staying home as well as an occasional wild and crazy night out
    6. Must have a sense of humor (a combo of Steve Martin, George Carlin and Larry the Cable Guy)
    7. Must love an occasional outburst in random song
    8. Must love camping as well as room service
    9. Must be self sufficient, i.e. a job.....
    10. Must love me unconditionally
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    8. be able to make decisions.. I am a Libra so I am passive enough for both of us :laugh:
    10. Must trust me to make my own decisions, and not try to tell me what I can and can't do.

Even you women's lists of what you want are confusing. :huh: :laugh:
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    8. be able to make decisions.. I am a Libra so I am passive enough for both of us :laugh:
    10. Must trust me to make my own decisions, and not try to tell me what I can and can't do.
    Even you women's lists of what you want are confusing. :huh: :laugh:
    :laugh:
  • cookiemonstr69
    Options
    First post on MFP..might as well give the group a look at me from the inside!

1. Must love God.
    2. Must love and be happy in her own skin. I feel that you can't truly love someone if you don't love yourself.
    3. Must love kids and be a great mom if they have kids. I've got 10 year old twin boys, and they are my world.
    4. Honest, trustworthy, respectful and committed to the relationship.
    5. Clean! No addictions to drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
    6. Love an active lifestyle; walking, biking, camping.
    7. Love great HEALTHY food; I'm a foodie and show my love through my cooking!
    8. Having goals and dreams that we can share and achieve together.
    9. Must love dogs, especially my long haired chihuahua!
    10.Sense of humor as we navigate the challenges of life helps!

I think the wheels fell off with my ex for #2, 4, 5 and 8.
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    I actually have a "100" list that someone suggested I make well over a year ago, but only ever got to 81, here's my top 10:

1. Must Love God
    2. Must Love/Want Kids
    3. Must Kiss Me Goodnight/Goodbye
    4. Must like to be spoiled (I'm a natural caterer)
    5. Must Love Sports
    6. Must Be Patient enough to teach me about Sports
    7. Must Love Music
    8. Must Be Family Oriented
    9. Must Be Healthy/Active
    10. Must Love Sex
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm picky enough for a top 10, so lets see how many we get...

1. Must support my healthy lifestyle (Preferably, she should have a healthy lifestyle of her own.
    2. Must be a generally happy person. We all have our days, but I don't need to date 'Debbie Downer'
    3. Must understand that I work 75-90 hours a week and hit the gym 4-6 times a week.
    4. Must love the TV show FRIENDS
    5. Preferably a college education or some skilled trade.
    6. No Kids
    7. No Dogs

.... ummmm... I think thats it

OH my gosh...LOVE Friends....I am made fun of all the time for quoting lol
    By the way..."How you doin'?" hehe
  • bahrainbel
    bahrainbel Posts: 194
    Options
    Good thread!

my 10 top choices would be:

1. intelligence
    2. honesty
    3. ambitious
    4.open to the idea of children (not straight away)
    5. love to travel
    6. reliable
    7. good in bed
    8. want to know my family
    9. have no kids already
    10. i'd proably have to want someone who wasn't religious, this wouldn't have occured to me, until my last relationship. He was a Mormon, and we had many heated debates regarding religion, I am agnostic. What amused me most, was he was very happy to have sex with me, but we weren't married. Not exactly following the Mormon lifestyle :-/
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I actually have a "100" list that someone suggested I make well over a year ago, but only ever got to 81, here's my top 10:

1. Must Love God
    2. Must Love/Want Kids
    3. Must Kiss Me Goodnight/Goodbye
    4. Must like to be spoiled (I'm a natural caterer)
    5. Must Love Sports
    6. Must Be Patient enough to teach me about Sports
    7. Must Love Music
    8. Must Be Family Oriented
    9. Must Be Healthy/Active
    10. Must Love Sex

<3 your list babe :-)
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    Lol you know my list is really just a guide line. The only 2 that are definate are that you must love God (I am not saying you have to be a prsitine good girl, I like girls with some bad in them, or attend church 24/7, just a believer) and you must love kids. Everything else can change on the fly. I try to leave my heart open. Not sure I am liking all this Yankee hate! lol
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    well I totally failed your list Ed. I think I passed 2 of the 10. The worse one, the one I could never live with is #7. Hate hate hate the robots from the evil empire.

I can't help it that the Yankees OWN the twins! hehehe
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    First post on MFP..might as well give the group a look at me from the inside!

1. Must love God.
    2. Must love and be happy in her own skin. I feel that you can't truly love someone if you don't love yourself.
    3. Must love kids and be a great mom if they have kids. I've got 10 year old twin boys, and they are my world.
    4. Honest, trustworthy, respectful and committed to the relationship.
    5. Clean! No addictions to drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
    6. Love an active lifestyle; walking, biking, camping.
    7. Love great HEALTHY food; I'm a foodie and show my love through my cooking!
    8. Having goals and dreams that we can share and achieve together.
    9. Must love dogs, especially my long haired chihuahua!
    10.Sense of humor as we navigate the challenges of life helps!

I think the wheels fell off with my ex for #2, 4, 5 and 8.
    I love that one. I feel like that was the reason my last relationship fell apart.
  • bahrainbel
    bahrainbel Posts: 194
    Options
    so, as I don't "Love God" would I be discounted right away? I'm very curious.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

I can't help it that the Yankees OWN the twins! hehehe

At least we get owned by someone like the Yankees while you guys have a tough time beating the Angels and the Royals.
  • cookiemonstr69
    Options
    so, as I don't "Love God" would I be discounted right away? I'm very curious.

Great question -- I don't want this to get into a debate, but personally, if you met 9 out of 10, it may still be a deal breaker depending on your views on spirituality or religion. I'm not a 'Jesus Freak' but when I do enter into my first serious relationship post-divorce, I'd like it to be for the right reasons. I've got friends that jumped into the first relationship after the breakup and aren't any happier because they sacrificed their values and standards. It has to start as friends, and see where it grows from there while seeing if there is a stronger bond that forms over similarities and compliments in our personalities, environment and experiences.