Do you work out 7 days a week or skip a day?

Options
13»

Replies

• downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I was taking a rest day or two but now I find myself doing exercise 7 days. I feel guilty if I don't exercise for the day and especially if I eat more calories then I should, I feel as I need to work them off. Last night I just took an easy walk for 25 minutes and that was my rest day. Most days I do some form of cardio for 30-40 minutes and I am just starting to add in weight training 3 days a week. I find I'm not a big fan of exercise and I usually have to force myself to do it, but I'm getting better with it lately,it really does make you feel great and helps with losing weight tremendoulsly.
  • WeatherGurl1129
    WeatherGurl1129 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty set routine for Sunday - Thursday. I consider Friday my off day because we usually go out with friends for dinner, so I don't have time to workout. On Saturdays, I clean the house, which doesn't sound like a true workout but after 3 hours or so I work up a good sweat, so I consider it a workout. :)

Sunday: Wii--usually Wii Fit Plus but I'm looking into buying Just Dance, heard good things about it

Monday: Jog 2 miles around the neighborhood.

Tuesdsay: Spinning/Softball--depends on when softball practice is scheduled that week

Wednesday: Strength training/Yoga 30 minutes--this day is pretty light to recover from the 3 straight days of cardio, plus is American Idol night ;)

Thursday: Spinning/Softball

Friday: OFF

Saturday: Clean house ~3 hours
  • Chica650
    Chica650 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try to do at least 6 days/week, but if I only get in 5 days/week, I'm ok w/that. I don't always take the same days off. Some days I'm feeling it more than others, so if I'm flexible w/my days off, I can take a day off here and there and not feel badly about it. I tell myself almost EVERY day that I'm going to take the day off from exercise, but I usually make myself do it anyway ;). BUT, by taking a couple of days/week off, I feel like it helps me MENTALLY by knowing that I COULD take the day off if I wanted to. :)
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm also different from the norm here! Believe one must not exercise all week, need to rest muscles to repair!! but saying that each to their own!!! I run Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat do Zumba on Tues...Thursdays and Sundays are my rest days! no nothing apart from what I call normal activity, walking to and from station work and back again, of course household chores! which I don't log as exercise!!!!
  • paroxysm
    paroxysm Posts: 56
    Options
    I work out 7 days a week. usually twice a day.
    I run 5-6 times a week (morning), Xtrain w/ elliptical, do EA Active II w/ my daughter, strength train 3 days a week, and do Zumba 2 times a week. My runs are 3 mile (shorts) and 8 mile (longs).
    I also walk to and from work daily (I don't count that as a workout) -- 8 mile round trip
    and do stair training 4 times a month.
    I don't have any ill effects though I did have trouble finding a good maintenance.
    I think I've been at this activity level for approx 2 + years or so. (minus the Zumba and EA which replaced Tae Boe and Just Dance lol)
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week. I take Thursdays off cause I have class.