What's your favorite newly found food?

Options

Replies

• cfox62
    cfox62 Posts: 5
    Options
    Do tell! how do you make them (Smoothie) and if you know the calorie count to it.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    quinoa, almond butter, soy milk, almond milk, beets, activia yogurt, and red hot blues tortilla chips :)
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I love apples sliced up and dipped in peanut butter.
    Any kind of salads or cottage cheese.
    Homemade chicken fajitas ( with grilled peppers and onions).
    Homemade chicken quesadillas ( with lite ranch on the tortilla, microwave low fat cheese until its melted and then pile on the salad and close up the tortilla and enjoy). It is low cal, low fat and very satisfying.
    Oatmeal with a pinch of cocoa and fresh apples and plump raisins added.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    100 calorie round thin bread. I use it for everything; toast, sandwiches, a bun for a hamburger, etc. I like to make a breakfast sandwich in the morning using this bread. Just microwave an egg in a small round dish, brown a slice of ham, toast your bread and there you go! I also like to toast it and put peanut butter on it and eat it with a banana. Just tonight for dinner I made a sandwich using the Kirkland canned chicken from Costco. Mixed it with 1 Tblsp of light mayo and topped it with banana peppers and lettuce. Yum! I would've added a tomato if I'd had one.
  • cfox62
    cfox62 Posts: 5
    Options
    I love to put raw almonds in my yogurt
  • sandradickie
    sandradickie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned Nutella? OMG it is so good with apples, pretzel crisp, nutri grain waffles, on toast with banana....... the list goes on. It really curbs my sweet tooth and I sometimes mix a little nutella with pb on delightful multi grain bread. It taste like Reese pb cups. Laughing cow cheese wedges and ANYTHING Skinny cow is amazing!. I love creamed spinach and will definately have to try the suggestion of adding laughing cow cheese. Spaghetti squash , asparagus and any kind of greens are my new favorite vegetables.
  • sms9497
    sms9497 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How do you prepare these?
  • Griffin90
    Griffin90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fiber One cereal! I use it as a granola substitute in my yogurt. Plus, if grind it up, you can coat chicken and fish with it instead of bread crumbs. Adds TONS of fiber to any meal!

Great idea! I will have to remember that.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Fries....so good.
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    Avocado, artichokes, mango, nutella, natural peanut butter, eggplant.
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    Egg white omelette with spinach and pancheta. A healthy version of my sunday fry-up.

Popcorn, homemade with no salt and just a smidge of oil. It make a great alternative for all the cookies i used to eat as a snack.
  • kaylee196
    Options
    Try making a chicken stir fry w fresh veggies and adding a tablespoon of PEANUT BUTTER! Delecious!
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    nutella isn't healthy. Just as long we are all on the same page here. It`s all sugar.
  • larae718
    larae718 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am currently getting over the flu and I am glad I came in here; all of the food talk is bringing my appetite back. :smile:
  • MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am currently getting over the flu and I am glad I came in here; all of the food talk is bringing my appetite back. :smile:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :tongue:
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Porridge with peanut butter .Also fruits it isn't new found actually but i have a lot more of em now and love it
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    nutella isn't healthy. Just as long we are all on the same page here. It`s all sugar.

I second this
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Cauliflower! I don't know if I ever even tried it before, I just assumed I didn't like it, it is delicious and versatile!
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    Belvita Breakfast Cereal biscuits!! They are so nice!!!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Kale chips! And hummus :love: