SAHM on a MISSION

Options
Welcome to SAHM on a MISSION - if you are new we are a group of Stay at Home Mom on a Mission - wether you are a stay at home or a work from home mom, we want you to join us in our goals to a healthier skinner us!!!

Okay ladies so this week I thought we would post our motivations for working out!

(1) Post your daily motivation

(2) What is your favorite workout?

(3) What is the thing that makes getting in your workout difficult?

(4) What are your life changing goals? i.e. weight lose, inches, toning, health

Replies

• Audry
    Audry Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome to SAHM on a MISSION - if you are new we are a group of Stay at Home Mom on a Mission - wether you are a stay at home or a work from home mom, we want you to join us in our goals to a healthier skinner us!!!

Okay ladies so this week I thought we would post our motivations for working out!

• Audry
    Options
    1 - my girls I want to be around for them

2- I love Turbo Jam Cardio Dance Remix!!!

3 - When my 4 mo old won't let me have 20 - 30 mins to work out

4 - I want to loose about 30 more lbs, and loose enough inches from my thighs so that they don't touch, and to keep my weight down so that I donot get high blood presure back (I had it when I was prego the 1st time) and make sure I don't get (family inherited) diabeties
  • curliegirl
    Options
    (1) Having energy to keep up with the kids & hubby

(2) Escaping to the rec center & walking/running on the treadmil

(3) Time--anyone have some to loan me?

(4) Being healthy & available for my kids & grandkids(when they come along) Watching my parents NOT be able to do this because of bad choices has fired my motivation now instead of waiting until I am worse off as I age. I know loosing weight is harder as you age!

Have a great day!

3382.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    (1) Post your daily motivation -- My husband & children. I need to be around to keep everyone in line & I want to be a good example for them. Plus, my future health. Seeing my dad on insulin is a daily eye opener.

(2) What is your favorite workout? Turbo Jam, baby! That & walking with my kiddos. They get fresh air, I get out of the house & we get to discuss random things like pinecones & acorns and the occasionally life lesson about a squished snake. Ech.

(3) What is the thing that makes getting in your workout difficult? The fact that I have 3 children ages 3yr-6mon, none of whom are in preschool & a husband that is gone 12-18 hours a day...that makes things a little difficult sometimes.

(4) What are your life changing goals? Mainly, just get healthy, but that entails dropping the pounds. Diabetes & high cholesterol are big in my family so I need to battle those off ASAP!

Good questions, Audry!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    i'm bumping this b/c i know you all are out there! :)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'll join in! I've been a SAHM for 9 yrs now, almost 10!! My girls are ages 9, 7, & 5.

It's just part of my lifestyle. I'm motivated because I love how I feel when I'm exercising, I love being a good example to my kids, and I don't feel right if I'm not doing something!

My fav workout system is P90X, fav cardio is running.

I don't make excuses. Nothing comes in the way of my working out. I get up at 4:30AM to run before my dh leaves for work. Difficult... somedays... but that's ok!

I've already lost 70# and kept it off for over 3 yrs. I continue to build strength and train for races. My goal for next year is to complete a half IronMan!!!
  • Audry
    Options
    I'll join in! I've been a SAHM for 9 yrs now, almost 10!! My girls are ages 9, 7, & 5.

It's just part of my lifestyle. I'm motivated because I love how I feel when I'm exercising, I love being a good example to my kids, and I don't feel right if I'm not doing something!

My fav workout system is P90X, fav cardio is running.

I don't make excuses. Nothing comes in the way of my working out. I get up at 4:30AM to run before my dh leaves for work. Difficult... somedays... but that's ok!

I've already lost 70# and kept it off for over 3 yrs. I continue to build strength and train for races. My goal for next year is to complete a half IronMan!!!

:flowerforyou: congrats on loosing and keeping off 70#!!!! WOW is all I can say!!! I hope that I can stop making excuses an dmake time for my workout!!!
  • Audry
    Options
    Bumping for other stay at home moms!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: congrats on loosing and keeping off 70#!!!! WOW is all I can say!!! I hope that I can stop making excuses an dmake time for my workout!!!

Thanks, Audry! I think that having a plan and sticking to it is the way do it! Hope some more SAHM's join in!

Jess
  • chubbymom
    Options
    Okay this might sound stupid...my daily motivation is toned women at the gym. If i am on the treadmill or elliptical and there is a beautiful toned woman near I just look at her and think...hmmm i can look like that...keep going keep going!!! LOL. It helps that i just love Britney Spears too. LOL

I took a cycle class at the gym...holy smokes it was intense!!!

(3) What is the thing that makes getting in your workout difficult? If the baby I babysit cries and I get called out of the gym...but otherwise I get to go daily with no issues

My life goals are to be toned, fit, lose inches and lose 60-70lbs before next summer. I want my bloodpressure and cholesterol to go down and be in a healthy range. I want to get a complete health check that is a good one at the Dr.
  • SkinnyMama
    Options
    1. Daily motivation: I feel better and less stressed when I exercise, which always makes having patience with toddlers easier:-) . I am also a type 1 diabetic, so although I can't change that, I can make myself healthier so that there are less complications as I get older. Also, I really want to like what I see in the mirror.
    2.Fav Workout: I like to walk outside and I like to get different videos from the library to change it up regularly. I really like stabiblity ball work outs.
    3. difficulty: toddlers...need I say more. Plus I am terrible at getting up in the morning.
    4.I want to lose 35-40 lbs more. And I thought it was great that someone else put on here to not have their thighs touch in the middle. That has been one of my unspoken goals all along:-)

So glad to talk with all you ladies! Looking forward to keeping in touch and encouraging each other!:flowerforyou:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'll join I am SAHM-well except for one day a week!

1. Daily Motivation-health

2. Fav exercise-Shredding and running on my tredmill (best purchase ever made!)

3. Workout difficulties-Laziness, and household distractions

4. Life changing goals-eating healthy, exercise to maintain healthy body function. I am within my BMI, but I feel like i could lose 10+ pounds and feel a little better in my skin!

:flowerforyou: JMAMA
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    1. daily motivation- I really need some! But my original goal was to be happy again.

2. favorite exercise - I have mastered the elliptical - I can go an hour! time for a new challenge.

3.workout problem---MY HUSBAND! he never gets out of bed early enough but wants to go with me to the gym so I feel guilty if I go without him

4.life- To get to live without fear of people noticing my weight or coments from peanut gallery member -- mom about weight.
  • TheHottestMama
    Options

1 - looking in the mirror and seeing my body. thinking about how my husband sees me and how everyone sees me at the beach.
    (sorry but its true)

2- running. im a runnner i love love love running!

3- ummm. finding time during the day and by the end of the day im so tired from running around with the kids! the last thing i wanna do is work out!

4- i wanted to lose aot of weight and get toned and in shape after having 3 kids and the youngest 2 so close in age i didnt bounce right back
  • Audry
    Options
    :bigsmile: I am so glad to hear from everyone!!! Thank you all you all are an inspiration to me to keep going - until I find my body again!!!
  • chubbymom
    chubbymom Posts: 164
    Options
    How did all the hot mama's do today? I had a rough day with the boy. I just feel like I need a "Mommy break" ya know? Anyway hit gym this morning for cardio, and my gravity class tonight. I'm wiped, but feel better after tonights class...got some of that frustration out. :tongue:
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am so envious of those of you who actually get to go to a gym. I wouldn't have the time if I had the money.

My daily motivation is looking in the mirror after the shower, with clothes on you can't really tell what kind of weight I have gained but without clothes - it is not pretty.

My life changing - I don't want to be a heart patient or diabetic due to something that should be so simple to control. (I am a first responder and see weight as a medical issue a LOT)

My problem - My problem is having the freedom - if I try to go for a walk - I have to convince my 16 year old to watch the 5 and 3 year old (not easy) so I can walk faster than a dawdle. If I do my sit-ups and leg lifts - my 3 year old wants to sit on me (he is 40 pounds)

My favorite - I go for about a 2 mile walk with my sister.
  • Audry
    Options
    I am so envious of those of you who actually get to go to a gym. I wouldn't have the time if I had the money.

My daily motivation is looking in the mirror after the shower, with clothes on you can't really tell what kind of weight I have gained but without clothes - it is not pretty.

My life changing - I don't want to be a heart patient or diabetic due to something that should be so simple to control. (I am a first responder and see weight as a medical issue a LOT)

My problem - My problem is having the freedom - if I try to go for a walk - I have to convince my 16 year old to watch the 5 and 3 year old (not easy) so I can walk faster than a dawdle. If I do my sit-ups and leg lifts - my 3 year old wants to sit on me (he is 40 pounds)

My favorite - I go for about a 2 mile walk with my sister.

I understand you - I feel like I never have any time, I am not a morning person so for me to get up before 6 am is a mirical and only happens when my 4 mo old needs me, and by time my hubby gets home between 5 & 6 pm I don't feel like I have the energy to work out, some days I just have to force myself into going downstairs and turning on the dvd and getting to it. By time I'm done I usually feel better but then I am completly exhausted and just wanna crash but with a 4 mo & a 2 yr old I don't really get "rest time"
    So keep working at it and you'll get there...
    If you had a double stroller would your youngest 2 ride in it while you walked - so you didn't have to depend on your 16 yr old?
  • Audry
    Options
    Just bouncing in to say ...
    Hey Ladies!!!
    Have a great day and a great workout!!!
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a double stroller but my five year old really just doesn't fit in it anymore. Otherwise, they would probably do pretty well with it. I just have to make my sixteen year old do it, I know, that was one of those statements that would receive the "OMG" reaction. Have a great day.