35lbs loss in 20 weeks for my wedding - is this possible?

Options
Hi

I am getting married in July. Unfortunately I only came across this site in the last couple of weeks and also upped my exercise so it's only now that I am really motivated to get to my goal. Anyway I'm exercising 4-5 times a week mostly doing Bootcamp, Running and Kettlebells so I'm hoping that will get the weight off.

Should I be eating healthy (currently 1200 calories a day) or just living on salads/basic food considering I'm desparate to lose this weight and don't have much time. Has anyone been in the same situation or have any tips for me about losing this amount of weight in that time (what foods to eat, what to avoid etc). I'd really appreciate it if you do

Thanks!

Replies

• chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KellieR56
    KellieR56 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    20 weeks is 5 months. if you lose 2 pounds a week, that's 40 pounds....it's very possible!
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thats going to be a major challenge. Probably do-able. You are going to have to eat well and do a ton of exercise even if its just walking.
    Best not to drop the calories too low, as you'll need energy to keep up the exercise exercise exercise. Good luck!!!
  • lindalester
    lindalester Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    because you are exercising, I believe its totally do able.
  • AshleyS15
    AshleyS15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    yes it is possible. if you lose 1.75lbs a week.
  • danmullen
    danmullen Posts: 94
    Options
    Don't try to cut corners, it won't help you in the long run. If you stick to a minimum 1200 calories a day, you'll lose weight healthily and you'll keep it off. Going below that minimum level will probably lead to you losing muscle rather than fat.
  • KellieR56
    KellieR56 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    also, if you want to lose 2 pounds a week, you're going to have to amp up your workout to everyday (with some breaks). Do 60 minutes everyday and you'll be at your goal in no time! Eat right, exercise, and stay active.
  • Clipickett
    Clipickett Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Id say a veggie heavy diet, but make sure you are getting your requirements as far as protein, etc. hit the cardio big time. If i did the math right, that's about .5 lb loss per week which should be do-able according to this website, but i just started and so take anything i say lightly.
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you really bust *kitten* with more workouts and eat sparingly like you mention, but that would really be considered a crash diet, so you would be more likely to re-gain the weight after you stop this regimen. Food for thought.
  • Beach_Chica
    Beach_Chica Posts: 111
    Options
    You can make this goal. Just need to be dedicated. If you fall off, get right back on. On my first weightloss journey, I lost 3 pounds a week. Not something I tried, it just fell off that way.
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Totally possible! Good luck!

I have been doing this for 7 weeks and I am down 23 pounds!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I've been doing this for 10 weeks and have lost 29 pounds. I even cheat here and there. Just stick to the calories this web site gives you, and eat back your exercise calories. You don't want to go to bed every night with 300 calories left. Your body will go into starvation mode and hang on to the fat!!
  • nmunson4
    nmunson4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have lost 45 pounds since the beginning of November, so heck yes you can do it! I exercise 6 days a week for 2 hours and day and eat around 1300 cals a day. All you need is determination!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Totally possible. Take your measurements first and have your body fat checked. My scales measures my body fat and is only 1% off of the testing I paid for so I stick with my scales. Remember if you are exercising that one pound of muscle takes up less space than one pound of fat so if the numbers on the scale aren't moving don't panic, you are still losing body fat. Your measurements will get smaller and your clothes will get loose. Stick with it! Don't skimp on the calories or your metabolism will go in starvation mode and it will be harder to lose. Don't go under 1200 each day.
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    it may or may not help but I have lost 32lb in 9 and a half weeks so of course it is possible.
    You should eat as heathy as possible , I have used smaller is better as a rule, so I'm eat a diet similar to what I ate before only smaller portions. I have taken up moderate exercise and now walk 6 miles a day @ 4.25 miles an hour.
    I am Male and have ben eating an average of 1750 Cals a day but have not eaten any eacise calories. it has so far worked for me with no health side effects.

hope this helps you
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm working on week 11, and I have lost close to 15 lbs. This is very possible for you!!
  • Clipickett
    Clipickett Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Id say a veggie heavy diet, but make sure you are getting your requirements as far as protein, etc. hit the cardio big time. If i did the math right, that's about .5 lb loss per week which should be do-able according to this website, but i just started and so take anything i say lightly.

....and ya i did my math wrong. its more like 1.75 lbs per week. you'd have to stay on top of it and be very diligent to keep excercising and eating lean.
  • MmhmmStephanie
    Options
    Totally doable!! :)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I've got a similar goal! My dress will be here at the end of May and I will only have one shot at alterations so I am GOING FOR IT!
  • flaquitadelafrontera
    Options
    I think if you strict with yourself and stay on track you can do it! I'd recommend lots of water, high fiber to keep things moving, and exercise every moment you can squeeze it in (I'd say at least 5 days a week if you are shooting for 2 lbs per week)! NO CHEATING since its a challenging time frame lol:) Good luck!