Am I the only person...

Options
Hey Guys,

Qustion for you.

Am I the only one who eats a large breakfast (300-350KCal) for breakfast?

I know they say that it is most important to have a large breakfast to help keep you full for the day?

Now, its not an unhealthy large breakfast (E.g. sausages etc) it would just consist of a large bowl of cereal (Special K or Bran Flakes usually) and brown soda bread or wholemeal sliced toast with low fat spread and of course a cup of tea or coffee with Skim Milk.

Would love to see others views on this,

Cheers,
Patrick

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I eat all I want for Breakfast, but usually not that hungry so early. But if I please, I've got no issues taking in 500 cal.
  • Cassycat
    Cassycat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts usually end up being around 500 calories, my most hefty meal of the day easily.

Usually it's a home made bacon egg and cheese bagel. Or just eggs, bacon, and toast.

I like to stay traditional!
  • JHoersten2
    JHoersten2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's not bad at all.

I regularly include 2 eggs, some OJ, and by then I'm already up to 270. If I throw in a bagel, that doubles it. I think it's more about planning out your day. If you want to have a larger breakfast, go for it, but keep your remaining calories in check for the day's remainder. ...Or work harder to burn em off. :D
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Mine in the morning will be 373 calories. I could make it more if I wanted, I'm not worried about it.

So, nope...you're not alone. :)
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I need to eat at least 300 calories for breakfast otherwise I eat to much the rest of the day. 300 - 350 is good I would say. :0) The bigger the breakfast the smaller lunch and dinner I need.

Your doing it right!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love a big breakkie ,if I dont have one I find I tend to pick all day ,at the minute I am starving got up at 6.30am ,daughter now at school so will be having brekkie as soon as I can make my mind up what I want .:smile:
  • madassipsi
    Options
    Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper :smile:
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've been doing big breakfasts and small dinners, which has been working out well for me. Today's breakfast will be 400 calories.

I love breakfast food, and an indulgent, delicious breakfast comes in much healthier than an indulgent, delicious dinner.
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    For breakfast during the week, I usually have some oatmeal and sometimes some turkey bacon or some turkey sausage. On the weekends I'll splurge an have a three egg omlet with egg whites and various veggies.
  • chiremba
    chiremba Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I didn't think 300cal
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Mine is 358 I have my homemade muesli recipe every day.. So you are not alone!
  • dream_litotes
    Options
    Mine comes out at around 350 with Weetabix, semi-skimmed milk and a sliced banana. I'd actually be wary of eating much less than that...
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    i would love to have more for brekkie , but dont have the spare cals . as i like to save at least half my daily intake for evening meal so i can eat same as family and all sit down together ... its a compromise :) .... they do say its better to have yr calories earlier in the day in an ideal world .
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I always without fail use 300 cals for breakfast, infact some mornings I work an early shift so up at 4.40am which is split into 8am and 10am break for breakfast making those days go up to around 400/450 cals but I don't worry about this as I try now to eat regularly to keep me satisfied and that last me until 2pm.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Thats not a large breakfast, my small bowl of cereal, milk and an actimel come to about that. However I do find that by eating breakfast I can lose more weight than if I dont (which pre mpf I didnt very often)
  • Alice37
    Alice37 Posts: 29
    Options
    Sounds like a sensible breakfast to me.

I start the day with a glass of warm water with lemon juice, then usually go with a couple of weetabix, orange juice, a fat free yogurt & a cup of black coffee or tea. If I'm really hungry I'll have a slice of thick wholemeal toast too.

Also I always save enough cals for a tablespoon of honey in my evening cup of herbal tea before bed to keep my liver fuelled overnight. :-)

I think you just have to find what works for you, that way it's sustainable.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My breakfast today.... 700+ cals... its a friday so we have a sausage bap (never normally have one so its a treat)
    but usually i skim around350 - 400cals - porridge and a banana or some kind of cereal thrown in :)

x
  • atomsforpeace
    Options
    Total fan of the Sandwich Press.

Potato Bread + Butter + Canadian Bacon + Shredded Mozzarella = Amazing....

...and roughly 350 kcal.
  • CharlestonUSC
    Options
    Usually two scrambled eggs, no milk, and some cheese or tomato mixed in. Usually stay away from any type of juice b/c i like to avoid the blood sugar spike. That is just me when it comes to the juice intake so don't take it to heart.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I always eat a big breakfast this is what I had yesterday
    Oscar Mayer - Turkey Bacon, 2 slices
    Eggo - Nutri-Grain - Lowfat Waffles, 2 waffles
    Great Value - Whole Milk, 1 cup
    Great Value - Sugar Free Pancake & Waffle Syrup,
    Ore-Ida - Peppers & Onions Hash Browns,
    485 cals