30 Day Shred - Starting March 8

Options

Replies

• madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    hi allhow are you getting on??

day 5 for me today - I like it and getting into my stride with it now :) Like others the pushups are the hardest for me as I can't do the full pushup I have to go down on me knees to do them - feel like a bit of a failure :(

Other than that I am loving it and can't wait to see what level 2 is all about! I'm really looking forward to measurement day to see the results :)
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    hi allhow are you getting on??

day 5 for me today - I like it and getting into my stride with it now :) Like others the pushups are the hardest for me as I can't do the full pushup I have to go down on me knees to do them - feel like a bit of a failure :(

Other than that I am loving it and can't wait to see what level 2 is all about! I'm really looking forward to measurement day to see the results :)

Day 4 for me today, and u shouldn't feel like a failure for doing modified push ups, I'm sure that's what most of us are doing. As long as you try your hardest to finish all of them, it shouldn't matter wether they're on ur knees or not. We will work up to the real ones :-D.
  • KatD2011
    KatD2011 Posts: 44
    Options
    So last night I go home, and I really didn't want to do the 30 day shred! Haha! On day 2!!! But then I thought of my support system on here. I completed Day 2 Level 1 last night, and I'm so glad I did. I felt so much better after I was done. I'm actually looking forward to doing day 3 tonight after work!

Yes, pushups are definitely not my strong suit. If we continue as we have, we'll all get stronger, and before you know it...pushups will be easy! :o)

How's everyone else doing??
  • megood
    megood Posts: 4
    Options
    I finished day 2, level 1. The push-ups are tough for me too. I never want to get started but I feel so much better the rest of the day.
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The pushups are definitely hard, and the jumping rope in place is killing my shins but like everyone says, after I'm done with it I feel so much better!
    Is anyone else adding any extra cardio along with the shred? I'm currently doing 20-30 min on my bike right after the shred every other day.
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I finished day 3 this morning before work since I knew I was going out tonight!! I am def sore today even though I've done most of these workouts before w/a trainer! I like feeling the pain :) After today I am going to start going to the gym as well to get in extra cardio so I can lean out faster- its just been a busy week.

Also since it wont let you delete/edit entries I took my measurements wrong so :

Weight: 159
    Waist: 33.2
    Hips: 41
    Arms: 11.5
    Thighs: 22.5

Looking forward to day 4 tomorrow!! :)
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just finished level 1 day three! Yeah, push-ups are definitely the hardest part for me, but I pushed a little harder today, 5 push-ups from my knees both times Jillian does them. So a total of ten! That's a first for me! YAY! Hopefully by the end of this that will turn into 5 (or more) REAL push-ups! I can feel myself getting stronger :)

I am doing more cardio than is just in the 30DS. I also have a dance video and I do 20 minutes of that every other day. And on other days I do Jillian's Yoga Meltdown Level One. I like to mix things up. I'm going the 30 DS about 3-4 times a week, but working out 6 days a week.

Congrats on making it to day 3 everyone! We can do this!
  • SWEETNESS60
    SWEETNESS60 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've done it and will be starting again tonight, its worth it because its 30 minute and it like a circuit training. Good luck all!:happy:
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options

I Most days I try and do some other form of cardio walking, another workout dvd, zumba etc but its not always possible when Ive got the 2 kiddies to run around after :)
  • KatD2011
    Options
    Good job everyone! I'm heading home in an hour, and will be doing Day 3 Level 1. I'm excited. It's raining here, so it's making me feel blah....
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Are you guys doing it daily? I am on week 9 of the C25K, plus teach ballroom 2x a week, so I think I can only do the Shred 3-4x a week. No way I can do it on c25K days, esp since I am nearing the end and running 30 minutes straight!
  • mrskoolnu
    mrskoolnu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I started the 30 day Shred on Monday and the 2nd day I was really sore. I'm not as sore today. I find the hardest is the side lunges and the jump rope kills my shins too. I'm hoping it gets better within time. I have done my measurements but I will and will post this weekend. Good luck everyone and happy losing!!!
  • KatD2011
    Options
    Day 3 Level 1.....complete! Feeling good!

How's everyone doing???
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Day 4 and still hanging...I know I want do this over the weekend as those are my rest days...but I've been doing this since Monday and will try to make it a routine Mon thru Fri...

Good luck everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    done with day 2, i love the achy feeling...is that odd? makes me feel like i've done something. and did it well.
  • Maripositabonita
    Options
    How does this work?

5417095.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Maripositabonita
    Options
    How does this work?

5417095.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • curran80
    curran80 Posts: 77
    Options
    Morning all,

Day 3, Level 1 - Done

Really enjoy doing the shred - just hope that in 27 days I get some good results!

How are you all doing?
  • KatD2011
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

So, I'm looking forward to Day 4 Level 1 tonight after work.

Why is it that I set my alarm early every morning to get the session done before work.....and ALWAYS want that extra hour of sleep!?!?? Hey, I guess as long as I'm doing it (even if it is when I get home) then that's all that matters.

Mariposita - It's the Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred DVD. 10 days at Level 1, 10 days at Level 2 and 10 days at Level 3.
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    done with day 2, i love the achy feeling...is that odd? makes me feel like i've done something. and did it well.

Not odd at all! I love it too! It makes me feel so awesome!