Diaries and Unnecessary Comments - Rant

Options

Replies

• HShenkle74
    Options
    you are so right in venting - I was baptised in my grandfathers church as a baptist but then was brought into the catholic religion and did not really have a say in it. There are things I believe in and things that I don't. Needless to say I choose to be non-denominational at the present time but I don't think it's right for someone to assume you are catholic if you ate meat on a friday during lent.
    As for me, I'm having shrimp and broccoli today -my fav and who cares -- it counts against my calorie intake ;-)

Keep up the good work and have a nice weekened!
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    WHAT! No meat on fridays? But it's "chicken wings" day.

Well done for standing up for yourself. Rant-on sista!
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely rediculous. I'm not Catholic, but I was raised in a Catholic household and I can tell you that my family would be mortified to find that a member of their religion was criticising you for the way you practice your faith. More importantly, I'm mortified as a human being! No one has a right to criticise you for your eating habits for religious reasons and even under health concerns it should be as a helpful suggestion, not an attack.

I'm sorry this happened to you. Please know that the actions of this individual are not representative of Catholics as a whole.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry people are the way they are. Mine has always been private because I know when I'm good and I know when I'm naughty. I don't anyone to tell me that. And it has nothing to do with religion! The comment they gave you is actually a huge no-no on this site, as it should be.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    That was inappropriate of them for several reasons...First off, even if you were Catholic, it's not their job to point out that you're not following Lent....there may have been circumstances that warranted you eating beef....Second, they should've assume that you are Catholic....I was raised Assemblies of God, so we don't have the Lent tradition either....LASTLY, everything posted on here about someone's public food diary should be encouraging...if they have a suggestion that might help you, they should kindly suggest it as something that might help you.....I only answer questions about food diaries when that person asks for advice about it....I'm not an expert, and I know that everybody locations, finances, and bodies are different and affect what food they will eat....NOT COOL of them....comments like that set people back on their diet...not appropriate....
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great Post.. I agree! Be proud of what you eat when you eat it, especially if an appetite is what you've been lacking in the first place on top of having a beef allergy! You go girl for putting it out there! And I believe it's not what goes into the body that defiles the body but what comes out... you're doing a great job, others who do not understand this concept are obviously mistaken by the misleading of a religion rather than understanding what it means to have FAITH in God!
  • lehuagirl
    lehuagirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That story is really almost funny cuz it's so out of this world rude.... I thought it was funny you used the word "steamed" since that's how we're supposed to eat our fish. I hate fish.... love those little omega 3 tablets...
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    How dare you do such a horrible thing!
    *as I shovel my lunch of sauteed sirloin steak, mushroom and brocooli into my mouth* :wink:
  • emmascott
    emmascott Posts: 249
    Options
    WHAT! No meat on fridays? But it's "chicken wings" day.

Well done for standing up for yourself. Rant-on sista!

Love it!!! You are too funny !!!
  • anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi!
    No odd comments here...just a statement to offer support! I am sorry that happened to you. Keep up with the good work. I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey!
    :flowerforyou:
  • emmascott
    emmascott Posts: 249
    Options
    Tell me though ... did you give them 'what for', as my Mum would say?

Hope so! How incredibly rude, definitely need reporting!!

Much hugs

Emma
    x
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Tell us their name and we will jump them for you
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    What meat are Catholic Priests allowed to eat on Fridays?

Nun.
  • PattiPositive
    Options
    People are dumb. Not all Peeps, but there are people who are new to social interaction and have no impulse control.
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    How obnoxious! Besides, you are doing this for YOU and that person is PRESUMABLY here for their own benefit. Why would it even matter if you are eating live kittens for lunch? That's your prerogative.

Keep up the great work!
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I don't want you to think this is any representation on catholics! i'm so sorry someone did this to you and on behalf of all the sane catholics out there, eat meat and be healthy! :D

i would also block the hell outta that person. i wish there was a way of reporting to mods or admins. they should be tracking this as someone may not attack one person more than once but 50 different people in one day. :( but no one knows because it's not tracked.

so sorry you experienced this :*(
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    What meat are Catholic Priests allowed to eat on Fridays?

Nun.

Im using that later ;)

Thanks everyone!! Im glad to know Im not the only person who found that a little less than appropriate. I didnt report, but oh buddy, I dont think they will bother coming to my profile/diary again ;) Or bothering someone about their food choices....
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I shut down my diary for the kinda the same reasons.If I want advice or an opinion from people not on my friends list I'll ask for it.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    How obnoxious! Besides, you are doing this for YOU and that person is PRESUMABLY here for their own benefit. Why would it even matter if you are eating live kittens for lunch? That's your prerogative.

Keep up the great work!

Live kittens....Im sorry, but I actually spit my crystal light ALL over my desk when I read this...You're toooooo funny.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I don't want you to think this is any representation on catholics! i'm so sorry someone did this to you and on behalf of all the sane catholics out there, eat me and be healthy! :D

i would also block the hell outta that person. i wish there was a way of reporting to mods or admins. they should be tracking this as someone may not attack one person more than once but 50 different people in one day. :( but no one knows because it's not tracked.

so sorry you experienced this :*(

you said "eat me" instead of eat meat lol:laugh: yes I have the sense of humor of a 12 yr old boy
This discussion has been closed.