no more "skinny b#*ch"

Options
kelsully
kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
There have been a few posts lately about the inappropriateness of using the term "skinny b%tch" in a community like MFP. It is not ok to call names. It is not ok to find your empowerment from belittling the efforts of others. It would never be allowed on a forum like this to use slurs and slams at those beginning their efforts. It would never be allowed on a forum like this to call names to any other group but somehow it is empowering to some to call me a b%tch?

We do not know each others' struggles. We do not know the work and dedication required for each person to be where they are at. We do not know the history and backgrounds etc. Why can't we look at each other with support. I see a woman with a rocking body...in the past I might have envied her...never called her a name...but envied her...now I marvel at the dedication it takes to have ripped arms, a sleek back and nice legs. I see women who are thin thin thin ...and at one point i my life might have thought they were lucky to be able to eat anything they wanted while I struggled with an eating disorder...but now know that there may be pain in being teased and "hated" by others for being skinny.

Let's support each other. I am here to be healthy. I am maintaining now. I have had to work to find the perfect combination to do so. I have to workout. I have to count calories I have to make smart choices even when I don't want to. I have a horrid guilt that I am battling on a personal level...just like those who are still losing, when I go over my cals etc. Sometimes I work out harder than those on the treadmill next to me in a form fitting running top...which I wear because I sweat like a pig and I have finally found a few shirts that don't cause chaffing when I am running long distances. I don't pick a treadmill to intmidate others or to gawk at them...I pick the treadmill by what tv I can see. I have eyes. Thus they will indeed see others at the gym but that does not mean I am staring at you or making judgements about you. In reality. when I am bored on the stairclimber I play mental games...like I won't look at the display with floors/ time elapsed etc until I do a survery of hw many woman vs how many men are at the gym today...or I find three red shirts...etc...it might be silly but it keeps my mind busy.

The slams oddly hurt my feelings. I should not let people in internet land bother me but it does because I know it is a cross sampling of what people in the RL think. Was I really a different person 30 pounds heavier. Has something really changed in me in te last 2 years that suddenly makes it ok for people to think me a B*tch?

Keep the name calling out of this forum..please.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    So true.. Its sad to see how much this is being said lately.. I would never say that to anyone and its not fair!
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great post.
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Sunny_Lexie Posts: 114
    Options
    great post! =)
    but what about the skinny girls that call overweight girls "fat pig"... :-/
  • lockedonna
    Options
    Well said!
  • marthack
    marthack Posts: 9
    Options
    Dido!
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yup I agree! I can't hate on anyone for being thin or for being overweight. Why use the term anyway. She a B*itch because she's skinny and your not??? What the what!! That's just stupid so yeah I agree, stop bashing people on their weight period, you don't know what it's like to walk in that persons shoes!! I hate that mess!
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Well there is a book called "skinny *****" maybe that is where your confusion came from? They could have been using that as some type of reference. That book is really a good book. It does not cater to "skinny *****es" instead it opens your eyes to healthier options and what some of the foods we consume ACTUALLY contain.
  • kelsully
    Options
    great post! =)

That is to inappropriate and wrong. I don't do that. Never have. Do I know that it is done? Sure, but that doesn't make it right. This is a website called MyFitnessPal...thus the goal should be health and fitness Also if someone were to write a blog or a post about the all the fat pigs etc they would be slammed and probably booted from the site. On a site like this calling people skinny b&tches should be considered as big of a sin.
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Options
    I posted my blog about this yesterday.

Titled FAT COWS

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/pocketsam/view/fat-cow-80541
  • kelsully
    Options
    Well there is a book called "skinny *****" maybe that is where your confusion came from? They could have been using that as some type of reference. That book is really a good book. It does not cater to "skinny *****es" instead it opens your eyes to healthier options and what some of the foods we consume ACTUALLY contain.

While I have not read the book I know it exsists...however there have been a number of blogs and posts in the last month or two and people I have come across in real life who that women are finding empowerment by slamming the fit women at the gym...ie...I was runing faster than the skinny b$tch on the treadmill next to me..ha ha ha ...that is what I am referring to.
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    So true. Someone else posted recently about the jealousy and envy when in reality, most thin people WORK THEIR A&&ES off to be thin! It's rare to happen naturally!
  • MandyC82
    MandyC82 Posts: 73
    Options
    great post! =)

That is to inappropriate and wrong. I don't do that. Never have. Do I know that it is done? Sure, but that doesn't make it right. This is a website called MyFitnessPal...thus the goal should be health and fitness Also if someone were to write a blog or a post about the all the fat pigs etc they would be slammed and probably booted from the site. On a site like this calling people skinny b&tches should be considered as big of a sin.

I agree, however I said this once when a person was talking about some skinny girls calling her fat in the work out room. In that case, I think it's an appropriate term. Just sayin! :wink:
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    On one hand, I have to also point out that there is are many resources with the name "Skinny *****".

Also, if I were to call my slim friend a skinny *****, it's my way of letting her know I'm jealous. I don't think many people are using the term as an insult and I whole heartedly believe it's just in fun.
  • Tanyatan02
    Options
    Treat others as you would want to be treated. That includes name calling
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. Unfortunately there are plenty of people out there who think it's okay to elevate their own egos by stomping all over someone else. They won't quit until it's made clear to them that they look like *kitten* for doing it.
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

While I have not read the book I know it exsists...however there have been a number of blogs and posts in the last month or two and people I have come across in real life who that women are finding empowerment by slamming the fit women at the gym...ie...I was runing faster than the skinny b$tch on the treadmill next to me..ha ha ha ...that is what I am referring to.

Ahh okay I understand. That is pretty sad. I would like to think that we are all in this for the same reasons and that just doesn't seem classy or appropriate.
  • kelsully
    Options
    great post! =)

I agree, however I said this once when a person was talking about some skinny girls calling her fat in the work out room. In that case, I think it's an appropriate term. Just sayin! :wink:

Point is a mean nasty skinny woman that bullies others is indeed a B&TCH...she is that because of her persnality...not because of her six pack...LOL... I am not a mean nasty woman that bullies others or calls names or belittles those working so hard around me..I. would like for the label to be dropped unless it actually fits...
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Sunny_Lexie Posts: 114
    Options
    great post! =)

I agree that both names are ugly to use and inappropriate even in everyday life, not only on MFP! But sometimes the names about skinny girls come from the fact that they are the first to attack overweight girls, and with such arrogance... I personally was called a pig several times (tho i was never obese), but hopefully I never attacked back the slim girls. instead, they inspired me ;)
  • MandyC82
    MandyC82 Posts: 73
    Options
    Fair enough. I guess I try not to take everything so literally and personally. But I guess some people do...whatevs. Have a GREAT Saturday you skinny fit individuals! :smile: