October Shred Challenge 10/1-10/7

Options

Replies

• savanuh
    savanuh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    okay well i since i dont have the dvd yet just did a cycling class at the gym. That kicked my butt so i can imagine what the shred will do to me lol
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's true....the first time I did the workout - I could barely walk the next day. But it gets better as your body adjusts. I can't wait to go home and start my workout
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    okay so...1 day down and 29 to go!!! I started the sept shred challenge and then only did it occasionally so i thought jumping back in would be easy but...:noway:
    I am going to try to shred as many days a week as I can and post weight updates weekly (wednesdays) to keep myself on track and accountable!
    oct 1: 165 lbs:sad:
    goal for oct 31: 155 lbs:happy:

for those of you who dont have the dvd yet and want to get started...if you have comcast on demand you can get level one and two for free.

oh and ps....PUSH UPS SUCK!!!:mad:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Nice job Savanuh!! I've never done a cycling class...I've heard they are fun and KICK YOUR *kitten*!!

lol...look at us three...Tammi, Leslie and me....waiting to get off work to get our Shred on...hahaha Too FUNNY!

Here's to a great workout!! :drinker: <-- that's the sugar free hot cocoa I'm drinkin' RIGHT NOW!!

Leslie, I totally feel you on the confident and healthy tip. Seriously. Losing weight is of course AWESOME..but more than anything I just want to feel confident again.

Reclaimme...GREAT JOB!!! East well and you'll lose those 10 pounds! :) I don't have the dvd...its good ol' Comcast for me! hehehehe
  • savanuh
    savanuh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Cass! If you ever get the chance to take the cycling class take it!! You work up quite a sweat and with the music and everyone else it does make it fun:happy:
  • tamazinglee
    Options
    Day 1 done! Phew, am I exhausted....but in a good way. I can't believe that I am doing push-ups. I never could do one before - not even the easy on your knee ones.
    I'm feeling HOT HOT HOTTER already!
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Okay I want to do it a minimum of 3X per week but aiming for 5X......I would like to lose 8 lbs this month but aiming for 10 lbs.......

31329.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I kinda skipped out on the September challenge as well (I was trying to do it on top of all my regular workouts, and it was just too much), but I've recommitted to October. I am also doing the pushup challenge (see Hundred Pushups October post in Motivation & Support), so I will NOT be doing pushups during Shred - I have been holding the plank position instead. Which is still plenty tough for me!

So, I dragged myself out of bed this morning and did level 1. I had a kickboxing class tonight that kicked my butt (no pun intended!) so we will see if I can move tomorrow morning for day 2.

My goal for October is Shred 4x/week, and lose 4 pounds. :flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    ALright I did the shred yesterday and now my body is so sore i can barly walk. I need help. How do I get unsore. :laugh: Im going to take a day off and not do shred tonight but OMG. I didn't think I was going to be this sore. Hey I didn't know I had that many muscules in my body. :laugh:
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a warm bath with epsom salts to help relax the muscles.....but for your next workout try doing a 15 min or more stretching session after the workout to help with the soreness and then before going to bed take another epsom salt bath......the more you workout the less this soreness will be a problem....the trick is not to let it stop you from working out, in order to get past it you have to work through it.....so don't give up, it will get better- I promise :)......
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Ok, so I wrote a post earlier, but I don't know where it went...anyhow....I didn't get to do my Shred last night because my brother in law was over and we only have one TV....soooo...I'm planning on trying to do TWO Shreds tonight....

Do ya'll think its bad to do two in one night?
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    You can do two shreds in one night :grumble: I barly got through one :laugh: and now Im sitting in my recliner in pain I can't walk up and down my stairs. All I say is ouch. And my kids are looking at me strange. :noway: But if you can do it cheers to you :drinker: and you should get a flower too :flowerforyou: I :love: these emotions. Im going to skip the shred tonight but I WILL do it tomorrow night and maybe I should bring my husband in on the pain. :laugh:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Well one Shred down....it felt great. Hard, but really really good!! I am strongly considering having a light dinner and then doing it again after baby girl goes to bed.....

So for now.... 1/30
  • tamazinglee
    Options
    I did not do the Shred tonight. I just didn't have time. It's 10:17pm now and I am ready for bed. I will do it tomorrow. Cassidy - Let me know if you end up doing it twice today and how that went.
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    I did shred 3 tonight. It was tough.
  • Teressa24
    Options
    I'm in- I started on the first. Jillian is tough, makes me want to cry- but hope to see the results!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I took the bath and WOW that really worked. Im going to have to remember that one. Im not a bath person but I must have stayed in there long enough because it worked. Thank you.
  • innocent75
    innocent75 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Started a few days late as I had to wait for it to come in. I dragged myself out of bed this morning and did it. WOW! My arms and legs are twitching just typing this. :smile:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I attempted ONCE and will attempt AGAIN!!! I noticed such a difference in just a week and was doing level 2 by week 2!! Good luck to all!!:drinker: don't forget to hydrate!! :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Well, I havent done it once yet!! Ive been busy painting my house! I hope to be moved in and settled by Monday!