What food..

Options

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I can't stand cooked spinach(love baby spinach in salads though!) and I refuse to try any kind of organ, though my husband insists I try it every time we have turkey. :sick:

I'm also not a fan of sauerkraut, and I have a mental block towards sushi.

Sushi, There is the food I hate. Well I don't know if I hate it, but I can't get myself to try it. I was out with a friend and they suck some on my plate, and I gagged thinking about it. Fish should be cooked.

Haha...yea, I went to a sushi bar with my sister a few years ago and she made me try it. She practically forced a peice of raw salmon into my mouth. I swallowed without chewing and it slid down my throat. :sick: NEVER again.

I do love the california rolls though. :laugh:
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    Fat free sliced and shredded cheese....I mean, why bother?
    It's positively horrid! :sick: (to me anyway!)

Also, the nasty stuff in the meat dept that looks like honeycombs ... would never even consider touching that! bleh
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Mayo! Yuck! :sick:

I won't eat any white sauces b/c they all secretly hide mayo. I am sure of it! I also don't like cheese unless it is melted. So that rules out the rest of the white sauces. Its weird, but it works. And saves lots of those extra calories we are encouraged to cut anywayz!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    ..., and I have a mental block towards sushi.

Never tried it, never will! Celery is a food I hate but I'm trying really hard to start liking it. They say if you feed a kid something 7 times, they will eventually like it..hasn't worked yet! :laugh:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    A green, gelatinous, pile of goo, commonly known as spinach! I can't even stand the smell of the vomit like substance in my house! I don't mind it if it's a part of something, and am content with baby spinach leaves in a salad. But just the glop of putridification is enouff to make me power puke!] :sick: :grumble: :noway:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I wont touch nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, almonds, or pecans... I think you have the idea. :ohwell:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    ..., and I have a mental block towards sushi.

Never tried it, never will! Celery is a food I hate but I'm trying really hard to start liking it. They say if you feed a kid something 7 times, they will eventually like it..hasn't worked yet! :laugh:

I completely agree. My mom used to make me eat that nasty hominy when I was a kid (I probably ate that nasty stuff 7 million times!) and I never learned to like the nasty crap.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I can't stand cooked spinach(love baby spinach in salads though!) and I refuse to try any kind of organ, though my husband insists I try it every time we have turkey. :sick:

I'm also not a fan of sauerkraut, and I have a mental block towards sushi.

Sushi, There is the food I hate. Well I don't know if I hate it, but I can't get myself to try it. I was out with a friend and they suck some on my plate, and I gagged thinking about it. Fish should be cooked.

LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi! You can keep the raw sea urchin though, everything else is game..
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    holy cow how I LOVE sushi! mmmmm

However, I hate bananas. And I mean HATE. Bananas are so disgusting. The smell, the texture... everything! I can't stand being near bananas and the thought of them makes me feel sick and/or gag. Ugh! I know, I know... they're so good for you, potassium etc. etc. but I'd rather pull off my left arm than touch a banana... let alone eat one.

EW!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time finding a food I hate. Of course that has been my problem for YEARS!!!:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Wont eat....................tounge yuck!

000202ED.gif
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

000202ED.gif

Yea, the idea of chomping on a tongue kinda oooks me out. But I'll eat liver. And sushi. And bananas. So.... shrug.:smile:
  • sotor
    sotor Posts: 8
    Options
    Liver! ugh! My husband likes liver and I don't understand why.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

000202ED.gif

Yea, the idea of chomping on a tongue kinda oooks me out. But I'll eat liver. And sushi. And bananas. So.... shrug.:smile:

Okay-- I'll be Maximus here-- ahem-- "Depends on whose tongue."

ba da bump-- :wink:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Okra:sick: Too slimy!!!

If you had my fried okra in soy flour nad olive oil, you would change your mind!!!!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    onions, I can't stand them. even if they are super small and "hidden" in food, I always gag when I taste them in there. I can eat them grilled, but I still avoid them like the plague
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

000202ED.gif

Okay-- I'll be Maximus here-- ahem-- "Depends on whose tongue."

ba da bump-- :wink:

Gasp!
    No wonder you have nine children!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Here's sumpn to make everyone gag about... tonight we got to eat a heart of a deer, that was very fresh! YUM! Really... cubed, and tossed with a bit of flour and spices, then fried with bacon... OMG delish!
  • battykatty2002
    Options
    I'm with the organ people, horrible, but i don't like peas or beans (any shape or form)

my weird querk is i love seafood etc, as long as i'm not cooking it the smell makes me gag
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Here's sumpn to make everyone gag about... tonight we got to eat a heart of a deer, that was very fresh! YUM! Really... cubed, and tossed with a bit of flour and spices, then fried with bacon... OMG delish!

That actually sounds quite good. GImme bambi on a plate!!!

Judging by our economic climate, we might all be stalking bambi pretty soon