MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options
MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS
FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

FOR THE WEEK OF: MARCH 13 to MARCH 19, 2011

i'M LOSING AGAIN!! As is many who participated. You can too!!

My goal for the new week starting today is to EXERCISE for 120 minutes. I am lazy and need to try to make exercise a part of my daily routine. So I am sticking with exercise.

If you want to join me, PLEASE support me, and I will support you.
Who would like to make a 1 week pact with me of what YOU need to work on?
ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT NEED TO LOSE MORE THEN 50 POUNDS OR THOSE HAVING DIFICULTY.

Focus on just this one week and commit to either.....
examples (may be changed to fit your need)

1. Lose 1 or 2 pounds this week, and post how & results by next Sunday

2. Exercise 100 minutes (or your choice) this week, and post how & results by next Sunday

3. Journal daily, and post how & results/menu by next Sunday

4. Maintain my current weight, and post how & results by next Sunday

5. Choose your own that you have the most problems with, and post how & results by next Sunday

REMEMBER I ONLY WANT YOU TO PICK ONE THING FOR MY 1 WEEK CHALLENGE.

“Set new short-term goals. When you feel you've mastered the previous short-term goals you set for yourself, create some new ones. Remember this is a journey, not a destination. Accomplishing any goal, whether it's weight loss or anything else in life, requires a lifelong commitment. You will always have to set new goals and work on new areas even when you accomplish your big long-term goals.”

Thank you and you may friend me if you like. I am fairly new here, but I have been following Weight Watchers old CORE program, and can do well following good eating habits........... as long as I don't stray away. ;-)

Anyone joining me for another week, or a first week?

Good Luck to ALL!!

THIS IS A NEW WEEK!

*HERE IS LAST WEEKS LINK*
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186818-missdeehere-s-one-week-challenge-for-short-term-goals

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'M IN FOR ANOTHER WEEK!!

I DID make my goal of 120 minutes of exercise, but only because I counted my moving & packing time.

I am gonna stay with 120 minutes next week, and hope I get it in through walking or exercise.

I did have a loss again this week so now I am up to 10 pounds plus gone. YEA!!!!!

I seem to have problems tracking everyone, so I will just leave it up to you to post goals & results. Then I don't embarrass those that join and can't keep up. Or embarrass myself not to remember everyone. LOL

I thank you all so much for support & encouragement!!

The NEW people are always welcome!! Feel free to friend me!!

GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN REACHING GOALS!!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    I'm in. 7-day stretch this time, instead of the 5-day i let myself get away with last week. due to new restrictions, my goal this week will be to do at least 1 workout DVD every day, with 2 on 2 days.

lol i will NOT let my husband's amusement at my awkwardness get in my way again!
  • blackbarbie68
    Options
    I'm in. Am trying to lose 40-50 pounds but taking it it 20lb increments so it won't seem ao overwhelming. Have been trying to reduce my carbs/sugars and up my fiber & protein while not consuming too much fat. That coupled with daily exercise and has helped me lose 2lbs in five days.
  • kgorm001
    kgorm001 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Me too! My goal for the week: exercise 100 min AND lose 1-2 pounds this week!
    ~Kristy
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another week too. My goal this week is to watch my sugar & sodium intake. Keep them at the recommended levels.
    Thanks and good luck everyone we CAN do this!
    Have a great week :smile:
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I'm in for another week too. My goal this week is to watch my sugar & sodium intake. Keep them at the recommended level
    Thanks ad good luck everyone we CAN do this!
    Have a great week :smile:

MAK
    I am finding just how dificult both of these can be. The sodium for me is not bad as long as I stay away from processed foods ......AND CHICK- FILA!!! LOL bUT EVEN THAT hot sauce THAT i LOVE, IS loaded WITH SODIUM.

tHE SUGAR IS THE WORSE!! even if it is natural. i think they are set very low................. or else I just like sugar! LOL

Good Luck!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know! They are really tough! Last week I was over sugar after breakfast! So I'm really going to focus on sugar. But keep an eye on both.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Made both goals last week but have had a few slip-ups since...so my goal is just going to be to lose a pound this week! :) Getting over the flu has seriously messed up my working out and I've must been eating whatever I want when I'm actually hungry and that's NOT a good thing! lol
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I'm in. 7-day stretch this time, instead of the 5-day i let myself get away with last week. due to new restrictions, my goal this week will be to do at least 1 workout DVD every day, with 2 on 2 days.

lol i will NOT let my husband's amusement at my awkwardness get in my way again!

I am laughing at this because I amuse my husband every time I get on my stability ball in the living room!! LOL
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm in again too. Going for 150 min of excersise this week. I had good results with it last week so I figured I'd try it again.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I am in again at 200 mins this week hopefully without other distractions I can hit it no problem.
    Thanks for the support.
  • swimgirl1006
    swimgirl1006 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in my goal for this week is to keep really good track of my food and make sure I log it in everyday honestly. I would also like to try to do 100 minutes of exercise again this week.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Suzanne, I am 29 years old and I have a lot of weight to shed. I started my new diet/exercise program on Monday and also joined MFP on Monday. If I losein small increments and focus on the short term goals, I think I will do just fine. That's why this thread will be so perfect for me!

My goal is to do 150 minutes of exercise this week, 3/13 to 3/19.

I just completed the Walk at Home 1 mile and MAN, I feel out of shape but I feel great that I got up and did it. There's 25 minutes already! :)
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I want in.
    1) Log under my calorie intake goal every day.
    2) AT LEAST 45 minutes of workout every day.

Been here six days, haven't lost anything so far. Maybe this will give me a good jumpstart. :)
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'm back in. I made my goal last week, and think that I will keep it at 150 minutes of exercise this week. I will be leaving for the weekend (Sat. through Tues.) so I'm not likely to check in on Sunday. Here we go! We can do this! Go team!!
  • Cindy7371
    Cindy7371 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dee!!!! You are really rockin' it. What a great job you are doing. I am joining you this week. I would like to get in 160 minutes of exercise this week. I still can't weigh in but exercise always makes me think that I'm getting somewhere.

Have a great week.
  • ildi59
    ildi59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in, my goal is to lose 1 lb and exercise 7 days, 250 mins.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Suzanne, welcome! This is a FANTASTIC thread full of wonderful people who are all going for the same goals - to be healthy and support each other! :D
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'm in again, Dee. I met my goal this past week. I'm going to set a goal of 10 miles walked this week. Thanks for keeping us going!
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    I am in once again.... I am going to set my MFP goal at 250 mins at least 6 days working out, do JM Shred every day this week... Maybe not Tuesday as that is my 12hr day at work this week.. and NOT eat ALL my exercise calories. My NON-MFP goal will be to reorganize my pantry by Saturday without staying up all night to do it like I did with last weeks Non-MFP goal hahaha. I know your not asking for NON MFP goals but this way it makes me do something that REALLY needs to be done around the house.