ALmond Milk?

Options
2»

Replies

• jsjlandy
    jsjlandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I think I will try it. Does the unsweetened really need to be sweetened? I'm not really worried about the protein content I am on a carb free diet at the moment and am good with protein. Mostly looking at it to lower my calorie intake.

I don't think it needs to be sweetened at all. It tastes good when it's really cold.
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I actually just bought the vanilla almond milk. I'm not sure I like it by itself, but maybe I can get used to it. I have yet to try it in cereal though, but I'm sure it will be fine in that! I know it's fine in smoothies...
  • Backlash67
    Options
    I drink almond milk switched to it from soy about 1 1/2 yrs ago.I drink the plain original. It tastes close to regular milk. I has less calories, fat, carbs, and sugar than regular milk plus no cholesterol, lactose and is gluten free. It also has a longer refrigeration life than regular milk.

I highly recommend.
  • sidoniecolette
    Options
    WONDERFUL/my favorite milk! Been drinking it for years. Pretty much all brands are awesome.
  • blcotton
    blcotton Posts: 43
    Options
    I drink pure silk unsweetened almond milk! at just 35 calories a cup it's great to add to your diet. It is a bit thicker than regular milk but it doesn't taste bad at all, I like it. I use it mostly for my cereal though, I usually don't drink it by itself. I have also mixed it with fat free orange sherbet and light nonfat plain yogurt for a smoothie...really good:) you should try it.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Thanks guys. I think I will try it. Does the unsweetened really need to be sweetened? I'm not really worried about the protein content I am on a carb free diet at the moment and am good with protein. Mostly looking at it to lower my calorie intake.
    I have been drinking the unsweetened vanilla for years. I am not lactose intolerant, just think it's healthier than consuming cow's milk. Plus the benefit of less calories and carbs. I absolutely do not think it needs to be sweetened, although I don't have much of a sweet tooth. Maybe the original or regular vanilla would be better for those who like it sweeter? I would by NO MEANS WHATSOEVER put Splenda or any other type of articifical sweetener in it. That stuff is so bad for you, can lead to all sorts of health problems, and actually is counter productvie to weight loss. I use my unsweetened vanilla mainly for protein shakes and sometimes on cereal, or in a hot drink.