The Last Frontier

Options
Hi Everybody:

I have been reading your messages for awhile now and finally got the courage to participate and introduce myself.

I've been overweight most of my life but a very demanding job, long work hours, and poor eating habits as a result, all contributed to me achieving my highest weight ever of 240 pounds (I am 5' 2").

Two years ago, I changed jobs with the express intent of improving my work/life balance. After I started my new job, I took time to focus on my husband and my daughter as I realized that work had come first for far too long. I also did a lot of things around the house that needed to be done for a long time.

I am now ready to focus on addressing my weight once and for all and I consider this "The Last Frontier". I've tried many diets and have had some success but each time I gain everything I've lost and more. I am determined this time to lose the weight and keep it off. I want to do this for many reasons. First, to avoid the health risks that obesity present (I've been lucky so far and besides being overweight, I am very healthy); Second, to increase my energy; Third, to improve my appearance and have an easier time finding attractive clothing; and fourth, I hope to exxtend my life.

I am working with a nutritionist and I know I have a long way to go and I'll need a lot of support to get to where I want to be. I'm looking forward to supporting you as we journey together.

Replies

• dakotadc
    Options
    Hi Everybody:

I have been reading your messages for awhile now and finally got the courage to participate and introduce myself.

I've been overweight most of my life but a very demanding job, long work hours, and poor eating habits as a result, all contributed to me achieving my highest weight ever of 240 pounds (I am 5' 2").

Two years ago, I changed jobs with the express intent of improving my work/life balance. After I started my new job, I took time to focus on my husband and my daughter as I realized that work had come first for far too long. I also did a lot of things around the house that needed to be done for a long time.

I am now ready to focus on addressing my weight once and for all and I consider this "The Last Frontier". I've tried many diets and have had some success but each time I gain everything I've lost and more. I am determined this time to lose the weight and keep it off. I want to do this for many reasons. First, to avoid the health risks that obesity present (I've been lucky so far and besides being overweight, I am very healthy); Second, to increase my energy; Third, to improve my appearance and have an easier time finding attractive clothing; and fourth, I hope to exxtend my life.

I am working with a nutritionist and I know I have a long way to go and I'll need a lot of support to get to where I want to be. I'm looking forward to supporting you as we journey together.
  • hawkeyechick
    hawkeyechick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! Glad you joined us.:happy:

We're all here for you. I've got a lot to lose too and when I reach my goal I plan to keep it off for good this time. I wish you well in your journey.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Well, it's about time you found MFP! I'm so glad you're here. Since you've been lurking, you already know that everyone at MFP is here for each other. *hugs* :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Glad you finally came out from the corner of the room!! :tongue:

Welcome! We are here for ya when ya need us! :flowerforyou:
  • honeybunchthree
    honeybunchthree Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Its about time you are taking time for you:flowerforyou: . Everything else falls into place when you feel good!
  • dakotadc
    Options
    Thank you all of you for making me feel very welcome.

:smile: