This is NOT a dating site!

Options

Replies

• mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    just don't respond........not that hard :-/

there is one guy on mfp i would so get with, it's never going to happen, doesn't mean i don't enjoy flirting with him. :tongue:

Lucky guy! How come you don't do that with me? :laugh:
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    Options
    "Nothing wrong with a bit of attention seeking imho. We all do it, hell some of us only get worse the more weight we lose :D
    [/quote]"

Its just weird being called attention seeker. I'm the total opposite. lol
  • annameeks00
    Options
    This thread delivers! lol Great for the lulz !! ESP the Billy Madison and Match.com stuff!
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    what does a "I love my boobies" shirt say about me??
    In all seriousness, if it bothers you put your money where your mouth is. Change your profile picture to something other than your own picture, change your profile age to 100, and put your gender as male (or does MFP have a "rather not say" option?). Then, you can use the site and the community for your health purposes and no longer have to worry about others.

But really, this thread is the online equivalent of walking around town without a shirt on, screaming at people "DON'T LOOK AT MY TITS!"
  • TulsaTim
    TulsaTim Posts: 87
    Options
    In all seriousness, if it bothers you put your money where your mouth is. Change your profile picture to something other than your own picture, change your profile age to 100, and put your gender as male (or does MFP have a "rather not say" option?). Then, you can use the site and the community for your health purposes and no longer have to worry about others.

But really, this thread is the online equivalent of walking around town without a shirt on, screaming at people "DON'T LOOK AT MY TITS!"

**LIKE**
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

That's probably the worst thing she could possibly do lol. You daily goals are calculated by your age, gender, height, weight, and daily activity. If she changed herself to Male and 100 years old the site would become worthless for her.

Not at all. If you blindly accept the goals recommended by this site then you need to educate yourself more on nutrition and weight loss.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I have come across one guy, that I am pretty sure isnt even looking to lose weight and All his friends have bikini pics, as their main picture. Heard a few people mention him. I would name and shame, but I can't remember his name.
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    dang where did I put that bikini?? OHH and I would totally hit on you <3
    I have come across one guy, that I am pretty sure isnt even looking to lose weight and All his friends have bikini pics, as their main picture. Heard a few people mention him. I would name and shame, but I can't remember his name.
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options

the hateful negativity in this post is really irritating, but i have to be honest - OP is using the "standard" hottie myspace pic as her avatar pic. and she's cute. she's kinda asking for it.

on a related note, the exact same thing started happening to me when i added my profile pic. but i don't give a crap. like the OP, i think it's both annoying and funny. i would change it, but that's basically my favorite picture of me - you don't get to see my jigglyness, just my awesome hair and the totally great necklace i made for my wedding. and the maintenance guy in the back, fixing the door.
  • KaleighL
    Options

the hateful negativity in this post is really irritating, but i have to be honest - OP is using the "standard" hottie myspace pic as her avatar pic. and she's cute. she's kinda asking for it.

on a related note, the exact same thing started happening to me when i added my profile pic. but i don't give a crap. like the OP, i think it's both annoying and funny. i would change it, but that's basically my favorite picture of me - you don't get to see my jigglyness, just my awesome hair and the totally great necklace i made for my wedding. and the maintenance guy in the back, fixing the door.

:happy:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :noway:

I can't wait for these moderators to start!

Can you not go and help someone out on the forums instead of picking someones thread to pieces?

She voiced an opinion, which she is allowed to do...

Turning things personal is uncalled for.
  • KaleighL
    Options
    :noway:

I can't wait for these moderators to start!

Can you not go and help someone out on the forums instead of picking someones thread to pieces?

She voiced an opinion, which she is allowed to do...

Turning things personal is uncalled for.

Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Is it odd I'm vaguely offended of never being hit on? LOL
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    Is it odd I'm vaguely offended of never being hit on? LOL

RIGHT!! Gonna have to step up the cleavage lol
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I don't know why but some people treat this website as a way to flirt with people....which is totally not my intention for joining or many others for that matter. If you are a guy...message me about weight loss and exercise tips...DONT ASK FOR MY NUMBER OR FLIRT! I'm here to learn how to be healthy...not how I have pretty eyes. Sorry for venting but this has been ticking me off!! In conclusion use this site for healthy motivation and support....if you want a date go to Match.com

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it” ~ Voltaire.

I personally think you have shown remarkable restraint and maturity as this thread has gone on. Now, I think there are better ways to deal with the issue of unwanted attention (blocking etc) but it is not a crime to have an opinion or to make that opinion known.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    i had a guy message me and all he said was "Love at first sight" for the title and the message said ... you are the girl of my dreams....i looked at his profile and he had just a few friends and they were all girls in bikinnis....ummm hello i am here for weight loss encouragement...i don't think those are your intentions....DELETE....gotta love it...besides if he would have read my profile he would have known that i am happily married with 4 kids :tongue:
    Similar thing happened to me! It said, I really want to get to know you. But ALL his friends were women attractive women! So I shut him down! :) I just ignore, but I agree why the heck are we here again lol.;)
  • KaleighL
    Options
    I don't know why but some people treat this website as a way to flirt with people....which is totally not my intention for joining or many others for that matter. If you are a guy...message me about weight loss and exercise tips...DONT ASK FOR MY NUMBER OR FLIRT! I'm here to learn how to be healthy...not how I have pretty eyes. Sorry for venting but this has been ticking me off!! In conclusion use this site for healthy motivation and support....if you want a date go to Match.com

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it” ~ Voltaire.

I personally think you have shown remarkable restraint and maturity as this thread has gone on. Now, I think there are better ways to deal with the issue of unwanted attention (blocking etc) but it is not a crime to have an opinion or to make that opinion known.

Thank you. By everyone's opinion I have decided just to not accept male friend requests so that I am not distracted in my weight loss program.
  • chasing_130
    chasing_130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i seriously just read all 8 pages of this for a good laugh...

i clearly have too much time on my hands :laugh:
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ha ha this made me laugh so much!! :laugh:

Not that I've ever had this problem :sad: lol!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    But you know what REALLY kills me? When I'm trolling around match.com and some chick PM's me telling me she just burned 543 calories doing 55 minutes of cardio. I mean, who the hell cares, I'm there to get laid, not to hear about your damn calorie burn!

Sorry about that Taso. I got my websites mixed up.
    Silly me....:laugh:

Bahahha...you guys are hilarious:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.