Would you be pissed?

Options
so my hubby is telling me i shouldn't be mad or upset but I am..

He just came home from work, comes in the house, I'm making supper (he knows I was making supper) he looks at me while laughin and says I just went to McDonalds so i wont be eating.

I'm mad caus he knew I was making supper why go and eat out?

Am I over reacting?

Replies

• anemoneflynn
    Options
    Dude, I'd be mad. I mean, it's not a good idea to end the day angry, but I'd definitely be upset. Realize you're upset, that he was freaking insensitive; and then realize that it's not the end of the world. At least, not this once. :-D Hopefully he'll apologize!
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    He knew you were making supper, he's a jerk. But it's a small thing, but let him know it was inconsiderate. If he doesn't want to eat what you're making then he should tell you so you can adjust the portions. Then kiss and make up.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Mildly annoyed, sure....but it doesn't strike me as anything to hold a grudge about. Put the food in the fridge for tomorrow and spend some time with your husband. Life is short. :)

(Just my 2 cents.)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Go chuck it in his lap and tell him he can eat it anyway lol:smile:
  • louiepoof
    louiepoof Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    No, you are not overreacting--especially if he knew you were cooking! I'd be very upset and tempted to not fix supper for anyone but myself for the next few days!!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    no I wouldnt at all.
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i can understand how you feel. men and women have two differant trains of thought on things though. you are just a little more thoughtful than he is. think of it this way though. you are going to have a nice healthy meal and he had something this is going bloated and sluggish. i think you are getting the better end of the deal.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My husband does this to me occasionally. Mostly, I'm just pissed that he didn't bring me and the kids some. Yeah, be angry for a while, then let it go.

Maybe some night soon, eat before he gets home, then tell him you assumed he was going to McDonald's. haha
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Since he knew I was cooking I'd be fustrated. It would pass but I'd probably playfully pick on him through out the night for fun but he'd know it was just playful fun.
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'd be pissed off too. He's a guy, though, and guys don't think things through before they do it. They just do it. We'd at least call and ask if they wanted something too. And, when they said they were making dinner either order something small so we weren't starving or feel guilty and not eat there. But, that's us and not them. So, on that note, I'd let it go. Besides, it's his loss. McDonalds over a homecooked meal. There's no comparison!!!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're overreacting. Tell him you'll save his portion of the leftovers for the UPS guy tomorrow, lmao... :devil:

yeah don't say that *grin*
  • Hailz1986
    Hailz1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just don't ever bother to cook for him, let him see how it works the other way round.
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    i honestly wouldn't give a ****, it' only dinner!
  • jstalittlecrzy
    jstalittlecrzy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow eat early, finishing off tonights supper.
    When he gets home looking for supper tell him "Sorry, I ate at McDonalds"
    And yes, I would be pissed
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're overreacting. I think it's incredibly inconsiderate that he goes out to eat while your cooking dinner (and he knew you were). Hello? Couldn't he call and say "Thanks honey for cooking dinner. But, I'm really hungry so, how long until dinner is ready? " He didn't need to go all-out and have a huge meal right before dinner.
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    As much as I'd like to be like, "You go girl!" with everyone else-- I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. If it's not a regular thing, I'd just laugh and forget about it-- everyone gets their fast food cravings once in a while, and it's better than him lying about it or eating twice. But if it is a regular thing, then just stop cooking for him. Don't sweat the small stuff!
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My husband does this to me occasionally. Mostly, I'm just pissed that he didn't bring me and the kids some. Yeah, be angry for a while, then let it go.

Maybe some night soon, eat before he gets home, then tell him you assumed he was going to McDonald's. haha

OMG! LMBO! You should totally do that!
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    I would be mad for a minute, but then think I have more left overs for myself tomorrow, so less cooking for me! thanks husband =)
  • erica14304
    erica14304 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I guess I would be a little annoyed, but at least he ate the McDonald's outside of the house and didn't bring it home tempting you.
  • kriswigg
    kriswigg Posts: 95
    Options
    Yeah, I'd be mad, but I'd also ask him why he went to McDonald's when he knew you were cooking dinner. Maybe he didn't like what you were making, but didn't want to say so cause he thought he'd hurt your feelings. Granted, bad way to do it and he ended up with the same result, but like someone else said, guys don't think sometimes. I think I'd also tell him if he pulls that again, you'll just plan to cook for yourself from now on and he can fend for himself. As another post pointed out, you'll be trim and healthy, and he'll be bloated, tired and heavy from eating that fast-food crap! :bigsmile: