Would you be pissed?

Options

Replies

• vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're overreacting. Tell him you'll save his portion of the leftovers for the UPS guy tomorrow, lmao... :devil:

yeah don't say that *grin*

CLASSIC :) hahaahhaah
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    My husband does this to me occasionally. Mostly, I'm just pissed that he didn't bring me and the kids some. Yeah, be angry for a while, then let it go.

Maybe some night soon, eat before he gets home, then tell him you assumed he was going to McDonald's. haha

lmao! This is PERFECT!
  • rhonda1981
    rhonda1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes it is ok to be upset...it would even be ok to express your frustration and then tell him to sleep on the couch...LOL...but with all fairness tell him how it made you feel and then move on.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Definitely be upset and I would definitely tell him. Love some of the ideas about not cooking or eating before he gets home one night.
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My husband does this to me occasionally. Mostly, I'm just pissed that he didn't bring me and the kids some. Yeah, be angry for a while, then let it go.

Maybe some night soon, eat before he gets home, then tell him you assumed he was going to McDonald's. haha

I LOVE this one!! lol. I will absolutely try to do this at some point... Hahaha!!

Thanks everyonefor the support! ;)
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just put his on a plate, stick it in the fridge and he can eat it tomorrow.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Mildly annoyed, sure....but it doesn't strike me as anything to hold a grudge about. Put the food in the fridge for tomorrow and spend some time with your husband. Life is short. :)

(Just my 2 cents.)
    Mostly this, but make sure you TELL him how it made you feel. Guys don't think the same way we do and they have NO idea what we're thinking. He needs it spelled out.
  • dr1981
    dr1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

*Like*
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I very rarely cook so when i do i expect it to be eaten (unless i cant even stomache it haha) I would be upset but i wouldnt lash out at my husband I would expect major *kitten* kissing to occur though ( and i would get it :P )
  • MyBeautyIsSkinDeep
    Options
    Girl iam mad for you!!! Dont let it mess your evening up tho, enjoy what you cook sit down and watch a little, or workout, and call it the night!!:noway:
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    No, you are not overreacting--especially if he knew you were cooking! I'd be very upset and tempted to not fix supper for anyone but myself for the next few days!!!!

Yup! Me too!
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    And he lived?
    so my hubby is telling me i shouldn't be mad or upset but I am..

He just came home from work, comes in the house, I'm making supper (he knows I was making supper) he looks at me while laughin and says I just went to McDonalds so i wont be eating.

I'm mad caus he knew I was making supper why go and eat out?

Am I over reacting?
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'd be annoyed but just think about the leftovers you'll have for tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I would definitely be mad! Why was he laughing while he said it? It seems he knew it was going to upset you...that would have ticked me off more.
    I would not save anything for him either. Put it up for you for lunch tomorrow.

I like the idea of eating dinner before he gets home too. That sounds like me. :)
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Assuming you were cooking a decent, healthy meal I would just eat his portion tomorrow night and when he comes home tell him you weren't in the mood to cook. He will get the message for sure.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess the first question I would have for you is if he is rebelling about eating healthy food? My husband is going through this a little bit. I found out he has been eating fast food for lunches most times. The thing is, I cant get mad at him really. Just like someone who quits smoking, they have to make the decision on their own. Look how hard it was to change yourself, now think how hard it is to try changing someone else. You can either bang your head against the wall or let him do it in his own time and lead by example.

The next question is: Did he miss lunch and eat it late? My husband sometimes doesn't get around to lunch until 2-3pm. I cant fault him for eating a few hours before dinner. It would be unreasonable for me to ask him to starve himself a few more hours.

I think there is more to this story. Instead of flying off the handle, try to get to the root of the problem. ***calmly***

Just my thought <3
  • HeidiM78
    HeidiM78 Posts: 58
    Options
    Tomorrow ght make dinner just for yourself and tell him that you thought he was eating out again!
    He gave you a bad excuse, McD isn't even that filling...
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    dont bother to cook for him tommorow
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be upset. No biggie, I can pack it as his lunch for tomorrow, or if he didn't want it, I would have it for lunch tomorrow. If it came down to HE didn't want it because he didn't like/care for it then I wouldn't make it for him again. I usually cook enough for 4 servings anyway... lunches for us the next day or so. Some things I make for me (that he doesn't like) and put them in the freezer for the days I don't feel like cooking.

I would though tell him that next time you would appreciate a call...
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    I would be annoyed and like what the hell. But then again what were you makeing? Because you watching what you eat does that mean he is too. So I wouldn't be mad but we would have a talk about it for sure.