This is NOT a dating site!

Options

Replies

• UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This was a fun post, most of us were not ganging up on her, just having fun. We got to see some personalities instead of the same old diet talk.

:laugh:

This thread has been crack. I bet I clicked on it 40+ times. :laugh:

Point Proven.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    This was a fun post, most of us were not ganging up on her, just having fun. We got to see some personalities instead of the same old diet talk.

Point Proven.

I didn't say I laughed at the original poster, but there have been some funny replies.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, if it bothers you put your money where your mouth is. Change your profile picture to something other than your own picture, change your profile age to 100, and put your gender as male (or does MFP have a "rather not say" option?). Then, you can use the site and the community for your health purposes and no longer have to worry about others.

But really, this thread is the online equivalent of walking around town without a shirt on, screaming at people "DON'T LOOK AT MY TITS!"

hey! are you saying 100 year old dudes aren't hot!?!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have been "hit on" ONE TIME on this site -- and at my age (45) and stage of marriage (20 years), it made me feel good! I thought it was hilarious, told the guy so, and moved on. He's never said anything like that since, and we're still buddies on here.

Oh, to have your "problems"! :laugh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

There were definitely mean spirited people posting on this thread but on the brighter side OP will learn to harden her skin KWIM I guess a lot of us have travelled this road before (ie being laughed at)

To also be fair (and am not being mean about it) the wording of the op probably didn`t help much.
    It was introduced in the area that is not about diet and fitness and had a certain sense of finger wagging and lecturing as if to say "if you don`t use this site the way I think it should you are wrong..".
    I am not saying that was the intent but could be taken that way and that is going to get under some peoples skin quickly.

I said earlier that there is no place for any guy to be "hitting on" someone here in private,unwantedly out of the blue and if that happened it is wrong and perhaps the thread should have addressed that issue.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Also, just to point it out, you're in charge of the interaction you have on this site. You have the option of ignoring and deciding who to be friends with and what kind of attention you will accept. You can't control external factors like who thinks you're pretty and who hits on you-- but you can control how you react and how you respond.

I think that you will find normally shy people, or not necessarily overt people, find their defenses to be down on this site, because there is no stigma attached to being overweight here. Its not like being out in public or on Match.com, being nervous about what you look like or if you'll be "acceptable" in appearance. We're all here for the same reason-- and that takes away some of the hesitancy in paying in compliment or getting your flirt on.

I don't see anything wrong with dating someone you meet here on MFP. It's a different world! People meet in all different ways today. Just another "tool."

Just like anything else, be careful! Don't go looking for trouble. But if there is a mutual attraction, why not?

This sure grew to be a very popular post! Lots of opinions and they are all valid.

Plus, self improvement IS kinda sexy. It's attractive that someone is doing something for themselves that makes them feel good. I dunno. Just deal with it.

Gotta agree with Melis here. Well put.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    But you know what REALLY kills me? When I'm trolling around match.com and some chick PM's me telling me she just burned 543 calories doing 55 minutes of cardio. I mean, who the hell cares, I'm there to get laid, not to hear about your damn calorie burn!

BWHAHAHAHA...Now THAT 'S freaking funny!!!!:laugh:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Um, I got hitz wit da ban hammah? but why? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Unruly unfriending...

I decided to just add females sorry

Oh hey thanks. I guess Im too badass??? Or it must be the fact that you are too immature to know that I have been through hell on my own weight loss journey and have all sorts of info on the fact. I didn't lose 70+ pounds by sitting on my butt eating dough nuts now did I? Seems sexist to me. I think each one of us has a small snippet of info to give. You, unfortunately, have lost that opportunity with me. Adios.
    I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND RL!! YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION!!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options

Point Proven.

Nooooo, it was just funny in general, no on is laughing at the OP. You have definately got the wrong end of the stick.

Award for funniest comment, goes to the guy getting messaged about calories on Match :D
  • amberleemoore
    amberleemoore Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! People are just crazy sometimes!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    pshhh! feel free to hit on me! lol (am I like the only girl that likes to be hit on?)
  • zandhmom75
    zandhmom75 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Qt
    No I will not make out with you. Did ya hear that? this girl wants to make out with me in the middle of class. You got Chlorophyll Man up there talking about God knows what and all she can talk about is making out with me. I'm here to learn, everybody, not to make out with you. Go on with the chlorophyll.

Ha, ha! One of my all time favorite movies!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    And this topic has had more than 5000 views :O
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    And this topic has had more than 5000 views :O

Most of them mine. :laugh:
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    This thread was hilarious. (Taso, you ARE the best.) I just wanted to apologize to everyone for being so hot that you can't concentrate on your weight loss. I understand that when I do what I DO, walking briskly for 20 minutes in a row and whatnot, that you can't help but send me desperate, yearning messages about my blue eyes and my sexy microfleece blanket. Please do try to mind your business. I know that with me getting more sultry every day, it will be increasingly difficult, but just try to keep your eyes on your own elliptical.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    well seeing almost all of you ganging up on her - a 17 yo girl btw - and putting her down is just very sad. I understand she posted first but she's entitled to her opinion ! And for you ladies with children who are so quick at judging and laughing at her (what for anyway, I don't understand all the harsh comments but whatever a lot of mean people on MFP today) just think how you'd like it if it were YOUR daughter who was being attacked like this.

For the OP, don't worry. As you see there are lots of mean people out there and mean can sometimes be explained by jealousy, yep i'll say it some people who responded to you are much older and uglier so whatever, don't listen to them and keep up your good work.

Aww thanks so much. I'm not going to worry abouth their comments. It's the internet and instead of being negative on a computer we should all be getting our cardio on. :) Thanks again

I didn't realize she was 17, guess I missed that as I wasn't willing to read everyones responses. I did see some of the negative and thought it was sad, today I have seen more negative then I have since I have been here.

I had my daughter sign up, and she's not 18 either, she came on right away looking for fellow teens for support and to help support, making it noticeable that she is a teen. We were pretty bummed by how many guys (older and married too) responded to her.

I definitely don't have a problem with people flirting and having fun, or even looking for relationships, but definitely there needs to be a level of respect for those not interested in it.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    This thread was hilarious. (Taso, you ARE the best.) I just wanted to apologize to everyone for being so hot that you can't concentrate on your weight loss. I understand that when I do what I DO, walking briskly for 20 minutes in a row and whatnot, that you can't help but send me desperate, yearning messages about my blue eyes and my sexy microfleece blanket. Please do try to mind your business. I know that with me getting more sultry every day, it will be increasingly difficult, but just try to keep your eyes on your own elliptical.

Okay... pouty.gif
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

There were definitely mean spirited people posting on this thread but on the brighter side OP will learn to harden her skin KWIM I guess a lot of us have travelled this road before (ie being laughed at)

To also be fair (and am not being mean about it) the wording of the op probably didn`t help much.
    It was introduced in the area that is not about diet and fitness and had a certain sense of finger wagging and lecturing as if to say "if you don`t use this site the way I think it should you are wrong..".
    I am not saying that was the intent but could be taken that way and that is going to get under some peoples skin quickly.

I said earlier that there is no place for any guy to be "hitting on" someone here in private,unwantedly out of the blue and if that happened it is wrong and perhaps the thread should have addressed that issue.

Hey Carl
    :flowerforyou:

Oh wait...this is not a dating website
    :ohwell: :embarassed:
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    No I will not make out with you. Did ya hear that? this girl wants to make out with me in the middle of class. You got Chlorophyll Man up there talking about God knows what and all she can talk about is making out with me. I'm here to learn, everybody, not to make out with you. Go on with the chlorophyll.

chlorophyll souinds more like boreaphyll
  • takingbackalison
    Options
    Idk, like I agree it could be weird that someone randomly asks for your number like that.. But this could be a good place to start a romance or at least friendship that could lead to a romance...
    There are a lot of people in similar situation... Like the biggest loser couples addition.. But like not haha.
This discussion has been closed.