This is NOT a dating site!

Options

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I should have appreciated all those guys hitting on me when I was younger. Now that I'm... ehem...thirtyish, it NEVER happens.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    This was a fun post, most of us were not ganging up on her, just having fun. We got to see some personalities instead of the same old diet talk.

:laugh:

There were definitely mean spirited people posting on this thread but on the brighter side OP will learn to harden her skin KWIM I guess a lot of us have travelled this road before (ie being laughed at)

To also be fair (and am not being mean about it) the wording of the op probably didn`t help much.
    It was introduced in the area that is not about diet and fitness and had a certain sense of finger wagging and lecturing as if to say "if you don`t use this site the way I think it should you are wrong..".
    I am not saying that was the intent but could be taken that way and that is going to get under some peoples skin quickly.

I said earlier that there is no place for any guy to be "hitting on" someone here in private,unwantedly out of the blue and if that happened it is wrong and perhaps the thread should have addressed that issue.

Hey Carl
    :flowerforyou:

Oh wait...this is not a dating website
    :ohwell: :embarassed:

E harmony sends an email saying "Are you kidding??!!" and yet a lady says hi here on a non dating site.

sad030.gif
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    :love:
    I should have appreciated all those guys hitting on me when I was younger. Now that I'm... ehem...thirtyish, it NEVER happens.

*in joey voice* HOW YOU DOING :love:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

I agree
    late 30-something it still hot and hitt-on-able :)
    Or so I try to convince myself:ohwell: :tongue:
  • DJH3
    DJH3 Posts: 243
    Options
    What better place to pick up women then on a website where women are already self conscious and want to hear from a guy tell them how beautiful and amazing they are? I give it 10 years. If you are still single you will be on all those flirty threads on here looking for attention.

I have no place to judge. I'm simply just saying that's how I perceive things on here. You might be declining the friend request but there are 5 other girls who are accepting it from the same guy.
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    kimber you are way right on that doesnt help you look 24 though
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    smh
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    This thread was hilarious. (Taso, you ARE the best.) I just wanted to apologize to everyone for being so hot that you can't concentrate on your weight loss. I understand that when I do what I DO, walking briskly for 20 minutes in a row and whatnot, that you can't help but send me desperate, yearning messages about my blue eyes and my sexy microfleece blanket. Please do try to mind your business. I know that with me getting more sultry every day, it will be increasingly difficult, but just try to keep your eyes on your own elliptical.

would that sexy microfleece blanket be a snuggie by any chance!? :)
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    What better place to pick up women then on a website where women are already self conscious and want to hear from a guy tell them how beautiful and amazing they are? I give it 10 years. If you are still single you will be on all those flirty threads on here looking for attention.

I have no place to judge. I'm simply just saying that's how I perceive things on here. You might be declining the friend request but there are 5 other girls who are accepting it from the same guy.
    :noway: :noway:
    Holy **** is all I have to say to that
    only a slime bucket, I suppose, would do such a thing......maybe lie to and mislead several women at a time....makes me think how sad and what poor self esteem the guy must have...just saying
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

teeheehee *bats eyelashes
  • Scidoc
    Scidoc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    pshhh! feel free to hit on me! lol (am I like the only girl that likes to be hit on?)

LOL! I don't mind it either, although it has yet to happen to me *sad face*.

So what if someone tells you that you are beautiful or looking smokin'. Does that really bother you? Because if it was all such a nuisance to you, then why bother posting pictures of yourself up for ALL to see? Sure, I will take the "Freedom"-route as an answer, but then, don't be surprised if people also execute that same "Freedom" to express themselves to you. Don't like it? Well there are many solutions to resolve it. Ban, ignore, delete are there for a reason. Use them!!

I think it takes a certain level of maturity to really vocalize what your boundaries are without coming off looking like a "princess". If you don't want to interact with people who offend your sensibilities then don't. It is your choice.

(For the record, I have a bf, but of course being hit on is a huge ego-boost for anyone single or committed, right ladies?)
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Why doesn't the Joey voice ever get old?:happy:
  • Carl01
    Options
    edit
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Is this REALLY how you feel about the women on MFP? How insulting. I haven't been here that long, but most of the women I've seen are pretty amazing and don't need a man to validate that. (Of course I have seen a few uptight women with no sense of humor, but I choose to ignore.)
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    This thread was hilarious. (Taso, you ARE the best.) I just wanted to apologize to everyone for being so hot that you can't concentrate on your weight loss. I understand that when I do what I DO, walking briskly for 20 minutes in a row and whatnot, that you can't help but send me desperate, yearning messages about my blue eyes and my sexy microfleece blanket. Please do try to mind your business. I know that with me getting more sultry every day, it will be increasingly difficult, but just try to keep your eyes on your own elliptical.

would that sexy microfleece blanket be a snuggie by any chance!? :)

:laugh: LMAO - or would that sexy microfleece blanket be a slanket? :wink:
  • Carl01
    Options

Is this REALLY how you feel about the women on MFP? How insulting. I haven't been here that long, but most of the women I've seen are pretty amazing and don't need a man to validate that. (Of course I have seen a few uptight women with no sense of humor, but I choose to ignore.)

It is not impressive and part of what gives guys a bad rep here,some of us like to tease and have fun while actually appreciating what a lady is doing to take control of her life.
    It isn`t about "picking up chicks" .
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

:noway: Unbelievable :noway:
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options

:huh: :noway:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    What better place to pick up women then on a website where women are the most beautiful in the world and don't need to hear from an self absorbed guy how beautiful and amazing they are?

Yes it is!!! :happy:
  • kkwellness
    kkwellness Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is not at all supposed to sound rude- just factual. Anyone who questions the responses they are getting and feel as if some are hitting on them or think it a dating site should
    1; Limit their personal info
    2. Dont post pictures with little on or hsowing figure without realizing you will get responses not to your liking.
    3. Men are animals and will respond to pics in suits as such :)
This discussion has been closed.