TOPIC: Fun & Fit Sized - March 11

Options

Replies

• babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Daybyday I do Pilates every night and LOVE:love: it! It is very relaxing! You are sore when you first start doing it but it is so worth it. I love feeling the burn I get in my abs! It's no joke!!!:smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    this was my big exercise day......I've gotten into the routine of getting on the exercise bike in the morning (I can drink my breakfast shake while riding) and riding for 30 minutes.....this morning I watched Dr. Oz talk about the HCG diet.......then my Wednesday intermediate line dance class for two hours.......then the exercise bike at lunch time......finally after three weeks, the weather was good enough for my friend to come over from Seattle to walk with me (she said it rained the whole way over until about 20 miles before our walking place where it was sunny......after I got home from our hour and 40 minute walk, I had a snack and took the dogs to the dog park where they played and I walked for 45 minutes.....I'll get on the exercise bike again before bedtime.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: thanks for the reminder about pilates......I used to do that and haven't in months.
  • babygurl1
    Options
    I ran a 10k today in 1hr and 2min. I'm a little bummed about my time. I have not gotten over being sick yet so I couldn't breath out of my nose at all. This really through me off! I struggled to control my breathing. I wasn't going to run but decided literally 30 minutes before the race started to do it so I was running around trying to get ready and out the door. I walked off and left my Ipod at home..big mistake I hate to run with out it so I think that really slowed me down too. All in all the time isn't all that bad but I have done better. Next month is the mini marathon so I have room to get well and improve on my speed. Oh and I lost another pound whooo hooo!! 6 more to go!!! Hope everyone has a great day :glasses: It is finally sunny here today! I hope it stays this way!
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    babygurl---I know you wanted to feel well enough to do you absolute best...but doing the best you can under difficult circumstances...that's admirable. You could have just stayed home, but you didn't. So, good for you! The good thing is, it gives you motivation to keep training for your half marathon and to make a great showing there. And congrats on your scale loss!
  • babygurl1
    Options
    Thanks Tatiana...I have decided to look at it this way, I ran 6.2 miles on Saturday in 1hr and 2 minutes that is just shy under half of what the mini will be. Sooo if I can run that pace for the mini I would finish in about 2hrs and 4 minutes! My time last year was 3hrs and 6 minutes. I have to be happy with that...knocking a whole hour off! If I can do that it would be awesome! So I'm happy with it and I'm just going to keep on training!!:flowerforyou: Have a great day.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am taking Spring Break off with the kids. Hubby’s isn’t until April. Finally, I have time to catch up on posts.

Tatiana – I started running yesterday. I went to our community park which is on a hillside. I ran the straights and walked the hills for 4 laps. At least it is a beginning. I will run again today.

Babygurl – Thanks for the support and encouragement on the running. I’m at the last 10-12 pounds too. It is so frustrating. We both just have to hang in there. Congratulations on your race. It takes dedication to run when you don’t feel well.

Daybyday – I admire that you are able to do Pilates and that you like them. They are certainly a great all over exercise routine.

Barbie - That sounds like an awesome exercise day. I brought the dogs to the park with me for my running adventure. They were very disappointed every time I slowed to a walk.

The last few months have been the hardest ever since I first started trying to loose weight two years ago. I know it is just too much stress and not having time for myself, but such is life. I will not give up. To make things more exciting work has asked me to go up to full time. I know I can go up to 35 hours per week and stay there, it's the last 5 hours that I am not sure of. But, with everything going on with the economy, I didn't really want to say no. So, I will probably be working more for at least a year and a half. Then I found out that I will have to have surgery on my left shoulder. My right should get better with weighted exercise, but not the left.

Have a great day all,

JAM
  • ChshireKat
    ChshireKat Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi all.

Babygurl1- kudos, applause, bows to you and the crowd cheers. And everything else I can think of that says “wow, awesome job and congratulations.”:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Jam0525 – Sorry about your shoulders. I hope your recovery isn’t too bad.

So, Saturday was very wet here, I got soaked while out fishing. I took my nephew and two of my cousins with me to a trout farm. I barely had time to put the worm on the hook for one kid before I had to help the others reel in their fish. It was rather expensive but the kids had a ball and my sister and I learned what it feels like to have a fish on the hook.:wink: We tried to cook one of the fish we caught and learned that we don’t know how too, nor do we know how to get all the bones out before we eat it. So we gave them to my dad. Even though it was wet we had fun with the little ones. Then we gave them back to their mom’s.:wink::laugh: :bigsmile: Other then the freezing in the wet and a little work with hand weights on Sunday I didn’t get much exercise in, but the cold and what amounts to a set of triplets should count as a light workout, it sure felt like I had worked.:wink: Sunday was a fairly lazy day; I cleaned my kitchen and went to the store, where I got soaked again. Today I am going to walk the boardwalk near my work during lunch then see if I can manage to eat and work at the same time.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Jam - sorry to hear about your shoulder! I am looking at having foot surgery in June for a bad bunion. I so want to be in size 12's. My size 14's fall off of me and I have to wear a belt but 12's won't go around my belly yet. I will just keep at it as best I can!
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    I managed it, but barely, I worked real slow.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    21488756_m.gif

I'm headed off to line dancing this morning :bigsmile:
  • wf0439
    wf0439 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I hope I can join your group?? I am 3/4" under 5' and am about 140 lbs at the moment. I am also 46 years old which seems to make losing weight more difficult for me. I never had much trouble previously, but now I am finding it a struggle. Any advice for me? I am feeling so tired these days that my workouts suffer I am afraid. My goal is to be 115 lbs. Any help you can give me would be very appreciated.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: the best advice about working out is to get off the couch and do something.....don't sit for more than 30 minutes straight.....if you don't feel like doing a major workout, go for a walk......take a good look at the food you are eating and make sure it is nutrition dense (don't eat anything that isn't loaded with nutrition)....drink more water....and take it one day at a time.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Annita – I do love fishing in the rain. I wish we lived closer since we are both fishing families. Both kids and hubby fish these days while I just sit on the boat and veg out.

Daybyday – good luck to you, also, with your foot surgery. Here’s to a speedy recovery for both of us.:drinker: :drinker:

Welcome WF0439! Barbie is right, just get moving. Working out pays off whether it is short ones or long ones and no matter what you do. Consistency is the key. Many of us found that setting short term goals helps a lot.

The kids and I went to Taos Ski Valley yesterday for our last day of skiing this year. While the day was long (3 hours in the car each way), we had a great time. Today we all need to rehydrate ourselves.

Taos Mountains are spectacular. All these years living here this was the first time I ever went to see the mountain. Next year we need to stay over night. lol

Happy Friday all,

JAM
  • wf0439
    wf0439 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jam and barbiecat for the advice! I will try that as sometimes I think I just can't do 30 minutes on the elliptical but going for a walk with the dog for 30 minutes seems less daunting.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Thanks Jam and barbiecat for the advice! I will try that as sometimes I think I just can't do 30 minutes on the elliptical but going for a walk with the dog for 30 minutes seems less daunting.
    there's nothing like dogs to keep you moving.....mine are begging to go to the dog park, so I'll put on my sturdy shoes and my coat and get going :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    HI all

I missed getting to fish this weekend, before I could even leave my house my sis called , and off I went to help her. I WILL be back finshing this weekend. I will be getting back to the gym this week as well, I have to start tomorrow so I will be getting to bed early tonight even if it means I have to use a sleeping pill. So back to the gym tomorrow and fishingthis week end, that essentially sums up all the time I am not working this week.

Ho wis everyone else doing?
  • babygurl1
    Options
    I have finally hit the 50 pounds mark...50 pounds down and 5 to go!!!!:drinker: :drinker: WHOOOO HOOOO I felt like I was never gonna get here! I am still really sad aboout having to put my dog down but I'm trying to think positive and pray she knew I loved her.:brokenheart: I hope everyone is doing well and having a great day. Keep eating healthy and dropping the fat.:flowerforyou:
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    Well I didn't wake up in time for the gym, I barely woke up in time for work:noway: . So that means I will be walking my lunch, and trying to eat at my desk.

I really to don't like the gym, it's boring and the only way I can make it even remotly interesting is trying to get the calorie counter on the elliptical to lap the timer; but I don't much care for walking by myself outside, I tend to start talking to myself. I wish, sometimes, that I could play sports, any type of group game but I am so abysmaly bad at them that I am not allowed to play. It makes me miss high school, you had to play even if it meant the team you where on always lost. Has anyone ever seen the movie "Where the Heart Is", there was a softball team in that movie that was having it's picture taken, not because it won the championship, in fact I think they lost every game, but they survived the season. I wish I could find a team like that; they know they're going to lose but who cares at least they are playing.

I need new things to do, I am getting bored to the point that cleaning my house is more fun.
  • jam0525
    Options
    I have finally hit the 50 pounds mark...50 pounds down and 5 to go!!!!:drinker: :drinker: WHOOOO HOOOO I felt like I was never gonna get here! I am still really sad aboout having to put my dog down but I'm trying to think positive and pray she knew I loved her.:brokenheart: I hope everyone is doing well and having a great day. Keep eating healthy and dropping the fat.:flowerforyou:

Wow! Congratulations. You must be so happy and so proud of yourself. How will you celebrate? new outfit?

My condolences on your dog. I know it must have been hard for you. They are truly man's best friend and we are lonely without them.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello all,

This week has been the first good week in a long time. I hope it continues on to be a good two weeks, etc.

Hang in there everyone and good luck with the up coming weekend.

JAM