HELP!! Need a name for my new sandwich shop...

Options

Replies

• formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    Random thoughts...

You want it to reflect a place where people want to hang and "have fun"
    How can people relate to as far as food, or good times.
    Like the "lunchbox" sounds quick, like concessions... get in eat quick and go.
    Have it be different and a name that is enticing...

Go with that see what you get... I will be thinking on it for you today!

(Family has a place that we help at often that has been in town for 40 years called George's Grill .... not original but the key to success has been a few signature things that only THEY have and people come from all over just to eat it)

Thanks girl!!! You are always there for me! My brother n law would love for me to name it George's Grill...that is his name and he has mentioned that:) He wants to come and help me run it when I get ready for him. I do know that we do not want a girly name?? My hubby says with me running it there will be lots of guys coming in...lol. We do have so camo items going in there:)
  • formytwins
    Options
    Cravings! lol don't know, just came to me :tongue:

I like it!!!!!
  • deandp371
    deandp371 Posts: 63
    Options
    What's the atmosphere going to be like and what sorts of folks to you hope to attract? Is it country? City? Family? Yuppie? I'd think of a name that relates to the type of place you'd like to have!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    The Lunchbox. I love Roseanne!!:tongue:
    I WAS GONNA SAY THAT
    *pout*
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If it is around a lot of hunters/fisherman with a lot of camo, how about The Foxhole or The Chow Hall
  • wanda1956
    wanda1956 Posts: 110
    Options
    I was also going to suggest the Lunch Box...its very fitting.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i'd go with the lunch box sounds cool:smile:
  • formytwins
    Options
    What's the atmosphere going to be like and what sorts of folks to you hope to attract? Is it country? City? Family? Yuppie? I'd think of a name that relates to the type of place you'd like to have!

We are a small town. One town next to us just closed the last eatting place. The other town has a DQ, Subway BUT you have to drive some and get out on the 4 lane. Alot of people don't want to do that. There is another hot dog place that does great but has a real bad attitude towards people. I will have more to offer than her. I will be in a medium sized building. It is around a gun shop and a military surplus store. I WILL be the only female around...LOL. It is country!! If you want to eat you have to drive about 35 minutes away to get to the 2 big towns? Any ideas?
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You should name it "I Don't Know" so that way when people get asked what they want and respond with I don't know, they'll have a place to go!! My mom always tells me she should open one called that :)
  • formytwins
    Options
    You should name it "I Don't Know" so that way when people get asked what they want and respond with I don't know, they'll have a place to go!! My mom always tells me she should open one called that :)

Ha Ha...sounds good:)
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    SLAMIN SAMICHES
  • formytwins
    Options
    Okay The Lunchbox is out.....there are over 2 in my area already named that. But none with the name Cravings or Munch Time??
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    Hunter's Catch or something surrounding guns/hunting maybe?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh Shoot Sandwich Shop. There's a tongue twister. :laugh: :laugh:

Well at least for me it is cause I can't half talk anyway. :laugh:
  • traininglady911
    traininglady911 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How about "The Meeting Place" or "The Meeting Spot"
  • yukifer
    yukifer Posts: 41
    Options
    "snack shack"
    or
    "grub" - cause guys like that sorta thing
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    You could always use your name in the title or the name of a loved one:

Shannon's Sub Shop

I thought of these: One Stop Subs, Subs Express

What kind of decor will you have? If you have a special theme in mind, you can always tie that in too.

Naming businesses are always so much fun! But it really does take a lot of thought.

Shannon
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    My Wife's Place (let your husband get all the bills and you get all the glory!)
    or
    The BOX Shop (you could design cute little boxes to serve all your sandwiches in)

Friends of ours are opening a family restaurant and the name is going to be "Moose Creek Grille" (we live in Maine:)
    Best of luck to you!!
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    The Food *kitten*...hee hee....
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Whatever the name, be sure to include at least one amazing, yummy and HEALTHY sandwich on your menu (I like to use pesto instead of mayo on mine) and include the calorie listings so folks like us can get lunch at your store every day and stay on track. :)

I so agree with this comment! We love to use hummus on our sandwiches. I personally like open faced sandwiches, and make my own specialty breads, and use spinach or other greens.....Build your own unique ones, and make them special!
    I actually like the name " the Lunchbox" or "More than Fuel". Idea " Create an acronym representing your products"! Best wishes to you! Sounds fun!