I hate my job...should I quit?

Options
13»

Replies

• BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    and most of my customers make me feel worthless on a daily basis so... :brokenheart:
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is saying that you should stay working until you find another job and I agree. I'm currently in the middle of a career transition as well. I think it's important to treat your career search like a part time job. If you're really serious about moving jobs you should put 2-4 hrs in daily and even more on the days you have off. I work M-F 10 hrs and I'm able to devot 2-4 hrs every week day and 4-6 hrs on weekends to my job search. Get serious and you'll get results in NO time.

And NEVER let how someone treats you or stress affect your health. What you put in your body is in your control :-)
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I had a job I hated. I quit and did not regret it. It was not worth the stress. I firmly believe you should love what yo
    u do. of course these are different times.
    Y
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Work really hard at finding another job, but don't quick until you have a backup plan. Life is short and is not worthy of being in a place you feel miserable. if it will put you on financial hardship don't quit until you find that other job. If you need to take control of your finance here is a link to my financial advisor. Daveramsey.com or google dave ramsey total money make over. He totally change my life. Good luck. I know how you feel my wife been going thru the same thing or similar, working at a place where there is no respect or lack of professionalism. The economy is bad but I'm sure you can find something out there. I know lots of people that stay at suck jobs just because they get comfortable with it and start to think is okay by adopting to been put down, but them they are always complaining about the job as soon as it hit 5 pm, I'm not saying this is you. But it can get to a point that the negative outlook at work can affect you emotionally and affect the one around you. So spread those wings and find something better than your current job.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    For all of those who encouraged me to NOT quit my job yesterday..Thank you! I sucked it up and went, I guess the good Lord knew I was upset bc it wasn't that bad. Tonight will be worse, but I need to go grocery shopping and buy some things, so I guess I would rather be miserable for like a couple hours rather than non-stop. I think I was having a mental breakdown......Going to work out after I finish lunch! =)
  • jojosmojitos
    Options
    I am so glad it went better than expected! Maybe tonight will too. Good luck!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I've only quit one job without having another one lined up and it was a big mistake. I was still living at home thankfully, but it still bit into my finances because I didn't want to totally depend on my parents.

I looked for two months before I finally got something else.....it was horrible, I only lasted there four days, quit and went back to my old job and had to practically beg for it back (even though they were complete A-holes which is why I quit in the first place).

Suck it up until you find another....knowing the end is near should make it a little more standable.
    I did the same thing and it took over 6 months to find a new one, and another to get to the pay rate I was making. New potential employers want to know why you left and if they call the place for a refrence and find that you quit, they might not want to take a chance on you for fear you might quit on them.
    Thats all I have to add, everyone else already gave great advice. :)