A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great job you look great!!
  • Ninetta
    Ninetta Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hola! Amazing!!

I love the discipline.....LOVE IT!

Can you tell me what CLA is?? You've obviously done your research - way to inform yourself and thanks for sharing with us :)
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    WOW great job!
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congrats!!!! Keep up the healthy lifestyle! bump for later!
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/188676-cla-my-fat-away

This is the link to my other topic about CLA. It has been very beneficial to the process for sure.

:) Don't be afraid to friend me... My diary is open to friends!
  • damonmath
    Options
    Update! After 80 days I have switched from deficit to maintenance!!!
  • damonmath
    Options
    90 day Update photos:

368256_7814.jpg

368256_3304.jpg
  • damonmath
    Options
    bump*

Still Ripped! and still looking to encourage anyone who needs it! :)
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!!!
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great Job, Thaks for the knowledge, I will take some notes
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    You must consume 1200 calories a day to live. This is the minimum your body needs to maintain itself. If you go below this number your body will go into starvation mode.... This means it will begin to slow your metabolism to a crawl and store everything as fat. Even your healthy foods will get turned into stored fat. Fat takes longer to metabolize, so your body will store it up to prolong your life in order to out live what it thinks is starvation.
    Could you be so good as to cite a scientific source for this?

Also, could you be so good as to detail at what point these things occur? Is it after one day, a week, or perhaps a month?

Does the 1200 calories mark apply to everyone - morbidly obese, 6' 6" female lumber jack as well as a 5' 1" slightly overweight male payables clerk?

One of the reasons why I'm interested in this is that I've rarely eaten more than 1000 calories since I changed my diet 120 days ago and I haven't hit any of those symptoms.

Thanks.

Oh, your hard work really paid off - congratulations on your results!
  • snowbunnyak
    Options
    Whats CLA for?
  • damonmath
    Options
    The 1200 calories is from nutritionists... Of course this is not in stone, but a good rule of thumb...

You can dip below without symptoms, but just be aware that if you are cold (feel cold) at all during the day (not due to the weather), then you are most likely burning your own muscle to feed yourself. I did this for about the first 6 weeks... I had a ton of upper leg muscle to burn off. I then switched to 1450 calories a day.

These are NET calories... I always eat them back... muscle building burns fat.

CLA is a fat blocker/burner... It must be taken in large doses for long periods of time to be effective. :)

Thanks for the support!!!
  • OhSnaps
    OhSnaps Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow your transformation is too inspiring, congrats!. Thanks so much for all of the info listed, food intake, workout, and overall info man.

Quick question though, after seeing your example nutrition list, I was wondering if I HAD to take supplements in order for me to have great results? I always thought supplements were for people trying to get big and ripped, not for people trying to lose weight and get fit.... But by just looking at your results, I've been wrong all along.
  • shababe2010
    shababe2010 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Bump
  • theemstress
    theemstress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    absolutely impressed!
  • damonmath
    Options
    When you are losing weight your body is also losing nutrients... Water will slowly flush you out... It is important to keep your nutrient levels proper so that your weight loss is healthy. I take supplements too "SUPPLEMENT" what I am not getting from the little food that I eat. Of course this is mainly for the burns, but also for the gains. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!