What kind of bread do you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    There is a Sara Lee one that eat that's called like "45 calories and Delightful". Its pretty yummy.
    I eat this bread also....it doensn't taste "light" and it is really soft!!! I think it is the best bread i have tried for the calories!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I second the Ezekiel bread. You can buy cinnamon raisin and sodium-free... And unlike "diet" breads there are no chemicals or other unfavourable ingredients to make it "lite" - just good wholesome basic food!
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Whole Wheat Pita bread is my #1 choice. It does have 130 calories for the whole pita - but no additives, and you could eat half.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    OK I was eating another brand - I found

Great Value Whole wheat bread from Walmart - 50 cals slice
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Aunt Millie's 12 Whole Grain

A large slice (53gr) is 110cal
    BUT...6 gr fiber :smile:

1.5 total fat
    22g carb
    210 sodium
    3g sugar
    4g. protein

Weight Watcher's 1 point

I like this as it feels substantial and keeps my tummy and digestive system happy. A sandwich made with one slice fills me up just fine. Most days see this as breakfast. Hard to find ANY bread with this much fiber.
    Only additives are for enrichment's are for the vitamins.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Every trainer/fitness guru I've ever heard recommend bread at all (they usually prefer you stay away from it) recommend the Ezekial breads. Theres alot of junk in the low calorie/diet breads - you are better off with slightly higher calories and no chemicals. The only problem with the Ezekial is that since there are no preservatives it doesnt keep for very long at all ( a good thing!) and doesnt seem to freeze very well.You really have to check the dates on it when you buy it to get the most recent loaf in the store or it will spoil a day after you bring it home
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Milton's Whole Grain Bread

90 cal
    5 fiber
    1 fat

It's really delicious, and a generous size slice. Makes great toast too. Yummy!!!
  • yoursthinly
    Options
    I love love love Joseph's Flax, Oat Whole Wheat Pita Bread. So soft and filling, only 60 :love: calories!
    Options
    I use what they call Lavash bread. You would use it for a wrap
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    Ezekiel Sprouted Grain brand - 80 calories per slice, flourless bread (only sprouted grains), low sodium and no HFCS in my bread. Woo!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I like the Oroweat low-fat wheat bread, it is only 40 calories a slice and tastes good
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Thomas Light Multigrain English Muffins -- 100 cals

Yup! Those are great!

Freihofer's has a double fiber bread with only 100 calories and 5 grams of fiber per slice!!
  • HMBradley42
    Options
    I eat peppridge farm light style wheat 45 calories each slice or I eat country kitchen light wheat at 35 calories each....The pepperidge farm sells out so quickly that I had to find something else I liked...
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use a pretty dense whole grain bread that is about 120 cal per slice but instead of using two slices I fold it like a hotdog bun and put my sandwhich stuff in that (chicken salad etc).....it is still filling and i get the whole grain benefits without over doing the carbs.....
  • speckle
    speckle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've been eating english muffin sandwiches or using rolls. They are about 120 cals, but if I use sliced bread I use two slices so it is like 200+ cals.
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    Wonder light Italian !

Love it....serving size is *2* slices!!!! I think its 80 cal per serving...check site to be sure but its real low

It even has sesame seeds on top!

Great for making garlic bread for dinner!

A staple in my kitchen!
  • sunshine_girl
    Options
    Great Value wheat bread. Cheapest bread in the walmart bakery area and 50cals per slice.

i am surprised your bread has the same calorie content as two slices, but maybe it just has a ton of nuts/ grains?
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I eat peppridge farm light style wheat 45 calories each slice or I eat country kitchen light wheat at 35 calories each....The pepperidge farm sells out so quickly that I had to find something else I liked...

Me tooo!!!!!