I'm out

Options

Replies

• DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to see you go. You have answered so many of my questions and helped me drop 30 pounds in a healthy and correct way! Thank you and good luck to you too.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Friggin...Now I'm depressed and I'm going to go eat my entire rest of my birthday cake...grrrr...

birthday_pig_cake_hg_blk.gif
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Friggin...Now I'm depressed and I'm going to go eat my entire rest of my birthday cake...grrrr...

:angry: Don't make us slap you too missy!!! :angry:

:laugh:
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I did not know Banks (sure I've seen posts here & there) but from what I can tell--a huge impact was made. Guess that just shows that people come in and out of our lives for the reasons we need them. I feel the same way about this sight--I stumbled upon it just when I needed most. I have not been here extremly long--& I'm sure that things have changed as people have come and gone. Change is hard--changing our bodies is hard. I would like to say thank you to everyone who reads what I write and offers support (no matter how silly or dumb my questions maybe or no matter how down I feel) We are stronger together than we are apart.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just in case he can see this.

I want to thank you Banks for your posts. I have them on speed dial and use them once a week.

I hate that you feel you must go, but respect your wishes.

I actually thought it was pretty nice of you to stick around after you lost your weight and your need to use the site., just to help the ding dongs like me GET IT!

When I started 4 months ago, Banks, Tamtastic and Soupnazi were all instrumental in getting me on my way.

Cheers ol' chap :drinker: :drinker:
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Banks - I'm sorry to see you go! But I totally understand and wish you the best of luck. You'll be sorely missed around here. You are a huge part of why the site is what it is. Thanks for everything that you've done for all of us.

I hope you'll stop by every once in a while and just let us know how you're doing.

Thanks again, and best wishes!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    best wishes to you banks. i will miss your wisdom on things. i do understand why you are leaving.
    chipper
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

and that's gonna make things better HOW????:flowerforyou: <~~~~But...you can eat those flowers....
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Awww... you will most definitely be missed. I have always appreciated your posts, and agree with our fearless leader (Mike) that you helped make the site and community in particular what it is today. Best of luck to you in the future, and feel free to stop by and say 'hi' sometimes.

:heart:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm in total agreement for why Banks decided to leave. Even in June when I joined this site it was so positive and tight-knit and really family-like! But there really has been a flood of new members who aren't "buying in" like people used to, it seems, and there is so much more judgment and negativity. I guess that fact has been helpful to me personally because I don't waste a bunch of time on the message boards anymore, but how sad for the new-comers who would have benefited like I did when I showed up in June! It's not the same site from a community perspective. But, the actual tools are fabulous so it's great to have it.

Well, great for Banks for reaching the point of autonomy in his journey :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    ...so it is.

Wishing you all good things!

~Namaste Banks :flowerforyou:
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    Wow did I miss something.. Banks gone. He is like my icon. I will miss his insight and support that he so willingly gave us all. He is one great guy. I hope he does well with everything he does. Goodbye. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I know you have already deleted the account but you will be missed Banks. The ones on here that truly are here to make a lifestyle change are losing a great source of wisdom and support today.

Best wishes in all you do Banks!
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Well, great for Banks for reaching the point of autonomy in his journey :flowerforyou: :wink:

Is that next to the Sack-N-Save?

Why dont U go boating off the coast of Somalia.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

Is that next to the Sack-N-Save?

Why dont U go boating off the coast of Somalia.

lol.. YES! I didn't know anyone else knew where the point of autonomy was!!! How exciting.... :glasses:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I'm in total agreement for why Banks decided to leave. Even in June when I joined this site it was so positive and tight-knit and really family-like! But there really has been a flood of new members who aren't "buying in" like people used to, it seems, and there is so much more judgment and negativity. I guess that fact has been helpful to me personally because I don't waste a bunch of time on the message boards anymore, but how sad for the new-comers who would have benefited like I did when I showed up in June! It's not the same site from a community perspective. But, the actual tools are fabulous so it's great to have it.

Sorry to disagree but I still see a community that helps and that is willing to work things out. Besides, community is equal to the effort put into building it. I miss you on the boards, too, and hope you reconsider about time you might spend here "a waste"
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Agreed. Very well put.