My boob almost killed me!!

Options

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    lol. I do that work out too. That is funny the way you described it.:bigsmile:
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hahah omg same here! The very first day I wasn't wearing a bra because I thought my shirt had enough support (my boobs aren't that big, or small) and omg it killed! Now I double up on sports bras because of those damn jumping jacks!
  • nicole00lynn
    Options
    i used to wear a regular bra under a tight spots bra. but now i wear TITLE 9. i love them. they're so great i'd wear them out if they werent constantly getting all gross and sweaty. pricey but worth it :)
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I will never step on a trampoline again without an amazing sports bra...I was 17 the last time I was on one.....,lol. BTW Love the Black-eyed club idea...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got a new sports bra from walmart too. Hopefully it is somewhat successful..lol
  • maureensc
    maureensc Posts: 43
    Options
    One word ENELL worth every penny!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I totally understand. I'm only 5 ft and have full D small DD cups. When running for more than 1 hr. or doing high impact cardio I wear two Sports bras. One that's regular size(reg bra style) and the second one(traditional style) a size smaller to hold them in place. I have been wearing champions for the past couple of years because they work great and are cheap. I buy them at the outlet stores during a holiday weekend. Usually will cost $10-$15 for a $40 -$60 bra. They usually have great sale like BOGOs on top of it all etc...plus a frequent buyer card :love: where you get 20 % percent off your next purchase. I usually find great ones on clearance too.

I buy them at the end of each season for example Columbus weekends I bought pink, lavender all those summer colors that I guess people supposedly don;t wear in winter. I left the stores with 12 or so bras...LOL not kidding I have 2 sisters and are the same size and everytime they come over they 'steal" them. Aw. they are regular bra type sports bras and they are awesome.

You can also go to champion.com. They grade them based on activity level etc. Good luck.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    LOL... when I worked at VS I used to hear this all the time! Good sports bras are essential!!! Every mi run your boobs move 542inches without the proper support and it stretches one of the chest muscles that there is no way to repair even with booby surgery. (I could be off on the inches I just seemed to remember that number cause it shocked the crap outta me and I have never run without a really heavy duty sports bra since.) If you are really well endowed use I have heard using two sports bras is a good idea. (i am not well endowed so I haven't tested this theory)
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    The same happened to me! I bought this sports bra, ended up only paying like $18/bra with the coupon code I had:

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=STY&ItemID=178c989&DeptID=70659&CatID=71436&SO=0&SelDim=4294957900~+5~&CatSel=4294953569|bras&NOffset=0&Ne=4294957900+5+29+3+11+8+1031+586+18+904+949+833&x5view=1&shopperType=G&N=4294953569+4294966223&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=70659|71436
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    here is asports bra that i wear . i know it says that it only goes to a ddd but they do make it in a g. i love it.

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&langId=-1&storeId=301&productId=500477234&splashlink=header_lingerie&N=1000480+2010226&searchUrl=/endeca/EndecaStartServlet?splashlink=header_lingerie&N=1000480+2010226&R=00748696

i also wear a nike sports bra over that it holds really well. i am a 38g and i will not workout with these

hope it helps you
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Pros
    - reduced bounce.

Cons
    - Nipples clearly visible when cold.

I dont think I am very cold when I exercise so I guess the visable nipples wouldnt be a problem for me LOL!!!

It's not so much during the exercise, it's standing around beforehand. Luckily, since it's winter, they've had all the heaters on, but in summer, they might turn them off and leave the doors open, and that'll be fun.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I got my SB's from Sports Auth. and Walmart has some good ones too. I didn't work out yesterday but after the good laugh you guys have given me, I'm ready for some jumping jacks and push-ups today...it's a shame that I have to go all the way to Mississippi before I can get started; when I'm not wearing my SB, my girls swing, clang, then go 'down south'......I guess you could call them 'southern belles'!!!!!!:laugh:
  • christiejf
    Options
    I just got the Enell sports bra 2 days ago actually, a co worker had told me about it. I'm a 44I and I thought I was going to die when my PT asked me to run around the gym, I was in shock. 2nd session, I bought a store sports bra but it was still small but at least it reduced the bounce LOL. I bought my Enell through this site: ladiesonlysports.com. I can't remember if it was that site or another that had the video, the other poster was right, it's literally tuck and hook, tuck and hook, my hubby had to help me, I'll be SOL if he's not around when I need to put it on. You'll want to measure very well, I got a 4 because I knew I wanted to lose weight and for $66 bucks I want it to last a while, I probably should have gotten a 5 but I'll deal w/breathlessness for a while :-)
  • novakayne
    novakayne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Too funny. Lesson learned for me, read the topic before trolling into a random thread. It has got to be awkward to exercise with them in the way can only imagine. Had some comical images in my mind with the few posts I read. Especially the one girl doing yoga with large chest. Actually laughed out loud on that one. Good luck with the hunt for support.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have big enough boobs to hate cardio but still smaller then a lot of folks replies. I found a few things that helped me though. Multiple layers sometimes including my regular underwire to just add the pressure to keep the girls in place. Walmart has some that I just discovered that i love, but i don't expect them to last more then 3 months before the bounce will be back. and finally after work outs where the girls may be sore, I wear a light but supportive bra to bed so that they are being taken care of all night.
  • danamfinn
    danamfinn Posts: 77
    Options
    Oh yes, I completely understand. You know what else is not for people with big boobs...jump rope! I hate it, I feel like I am going to knock myself out one of these days! Good luck!

The sports bras by Champion from Target are great, I am a DDD and they hold me in wonderfully!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will try this before I spend big money on a good sports bra...if I can use the ones from walmart it will save me some money!
    [/quote]

Do what I do - wear a "regular" bra under a tight sports bra. Then wear a workout top with a built-in shelf bra. All in all, you're wearing 3 layers of support, and really only having to buy 1 bra (the workout top and regular bra you probably already have!).
    [/quote]

Thanks for sharing this idea!
  • Gargoyle69
    Gargoyle69 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Great thread!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Too funny. Lesson learned for me, read the topic before trolling into a random thread. It has got to be awkward to exercise with them in the way can only imagine. Had some comical images in my mind with the few posts I read. Especially the one girl doing yoga with large chest. Actually laughed out loud on that one. Good luck with the hunt for support.

I think you guys oughta read these kind of posts more often...then you will understand the pain (literally!) that we go through to get fit and healthy ;)
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I know what that's like!
    I wear a two sports bras when I'm exercising
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    Totally starting a band called Death Boob.

My big problem with sports bras is having them roll up at the bottom or just ride up in general, especially during vigorous exercise. I haven't really found a brand I am happy with.