strech marks and bikini

Options

Replies

• reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    2 piece bathing suit is my goal, veins, stretch marks and all!!! I thought I'd add a cute little sarong when I'm walking around! Off course this i not me just a photo of someone else!!:blushing:

Kim-Kardashian-56206117-33276117-lgn.jpg
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    get a tattoo
  • All_Mimsy
    All_Mimsy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant, I got horrible horrible stretch marks. Over time they have faded, but most definitely are still there. Will I wear a bikini after I lose my weight? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!! When I get my body to the point that it looks good in a bikini, then I need to be proud of my body all the way, not just part of it. I have had 4 children, and if some teeny bopper thinks that my stretch marks are gross, and I should cover them up, I say "Wait until you have your kids". I'm proud of my children, and proud of the marks they left on my body.

I love this. :smile:
  • Ebelstad
    Ebelstad Posts: 9
    Options
    I want to have your guys' confidence. My baby will be one the end of April and I can't imagine wearing a bathing suit (one piece) let alone a BIKINI! If you have the confidence you better rock it girl! Stretch marks show your a mommy and that's way more important than what people think about you!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    if i only had a few (and a bikini body) i would wear one ... however, i got my mothers genes and my entire stomache looks like a tiger had at it :(
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Soooo, I just got back from Cabo. I had struggled with the same question while packing so I seriously took 6 swimsuits, ridiculous right? Once I got down there I realized a few things~1; I am never going to see any of these people ever again, what do I care if they see me in a bakini. 2; I had worked so hard on loosing weight, I owed it to my self to show off a little. The others are right, tanning will help hide the marks some. Take a few suits and see how you feel about it when you get to your destination. Have a great trip!:bigsmile:
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I will NEVER rock a bikini due to my stretch marks. My stomach looks like a freakin' road map. NOT pretty. I don't like looking at it so nobody else would either! I would just be way too uncomfortable. It doesn't offend me though to see other women wearing a bikini...more power to them!!:smile:
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wear what makes you feel comfortable. Stretch marks? Nobody is perfect! Mine show no matter what, so if I want to swim and not wear board shorts, I have to share them. But the most important thing is how you feel, what makes you feel good and relaxed. So wear for YOU.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of marks that I got growing up on my sides and arms/shoulders.. I don't think I'll ever be comfortable in a two piece, but I want to work up the confidence to at least wear a one piece with pride (hopefully this summer)
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If I ever get to a bikini body, I will wear my stretch marks like a badge of honor! Lol.

Exactly! :happy:

YES!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have some pretty ridiculous overhang from my 2 c-sections and some of my 'mommy marks' are half an inch wide (it looks like it caught fire) so probably not but it depends on how they look when I'm skinny. I'm just excited to wear a bathing suit and feel proud.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i would say do what you feel is comfortable for you. My bikini days are done, as i dont like showing my stretch marks as proud as i am of my daughter.Im comfortable with my body now as ive worked hard to get back to my pre-preg weight but swimsuits all the way for me. To be honest even before i had my daughter i was never truly a bikini person.

Plus there are so many pretty tankinis and swim suits outs there, maybe a cut off one if you arent sure?
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 babies and fortunately did not get stretch marks. I think there is absolutely nothing you can do to control whether or not you get them so don't worry about them. On the other hand losing weight and getting fit is totally within your control, so if you've conquered this massive challenge and achieved your target weight then you should be seriously proud and get out there and flaunt it!
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    If I ever get to a bikini body, I will wear my stretch marks like a badge of honor! Lol.

I have never had a baby so my stretch marks are from gaining weight drastically in so little time. I'm 19 always been big but i am starting to change my life. The day i get to wear a bikini my stretch marks will be the last thing in my mind because just purely knowing that I have a bikini body will be satisfying enough.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have LOADS. I have honestly never seen anyone with stretchmarks even half as bad as mine. I look like I've been mauled by a tiger, but after 5 years of swimsuits, which I hate, I started wearing a bikini again last summer, and have just ordered myself a new one for this year. I am old enough (33) that I just don't care any more. My overall shape is good, I just have awful post baby scars.

If you feel self conscious, google the worst stretchmarks you can find, and I swear, mine are worse.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    You all are so brave. I admire that! I have horrible stretch marks that start above my belly button and go down from there. I am almost to the point where I would feel comfortable in a bikini BUT I can't get past what I refer to as my 'battle scars' and the extra skin that will probably NEVER go away. If you got the confidence, rock it out! I hope to get there someday. Until then I am content in my tank-tini...
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Good question! I was wondering the same thing, because I did get a few stretch marks from gaining weight. :( I've heard that cocoa butter really helps lighten them, so if you're really worried about it you can try applying that in the morning and evening every day until your vacation and see if it helps!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks and I do plan on wearing a bikini this summer. I'm just at a point in my life I don't care as much as I used to about what other people think. I've come a long way and if I'm "thin" enough to wear one the marks on my body will be the least of my worries.

I agree a tan helps too!!
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/19/article-1313462-0643E1F7000005DC-284_468x609.jpg

That is model Lizzie Miller. She has stretch marks and the overhanging belly.

I plan on wearing bikinis once I lose more weight. I don't care about the overhanging belly or the stretch marks I want to feel sexy about myself. Do you honestly wear bathing suits for other people? Do you wear them only to cover your stomach? No, you wear them to go swimming in or go to the beach in. You're swimming, not other people. My stretch marks on a skinny body are not only a badge of being a mother but of the strength I have to have lost all my weight. I don't see why we as humans should be so ashamed of being healthy now.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I have them and wear a bikini....I tan and it makes them less noticeable....If you can wear it wear it...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!