For you Peanut butter lovers out there..

Options
2»

Replies

• cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    true this is what I use to gain..small amt high cals..but anything in moderation is ok anyway..I put mine on graham crackers to! It took me a while to get over the fat content but realized it was good fat..sounds weird calling fat good lol
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes, but peanut butter and banana = heaven :tongue:

mmm, then add sugar-free chocolate syrup... :love:

I didn't realize how much I loved peanut butter until I had a roommate that eats it EVERY SINGLE DAY...so then I bought some, and then I learned I can't buy it because I can't stop at 1 serving!
  • Ceoc
    Ceoc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try Sunbutter!! Even better!
  • jstalittlecrzy
    jstalittlecrzy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Smuckers Natural - nothing but peanuts and a little salt -

try it melted over cauliflower and broccoli
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I used to eat bananas with peanut butter ALL the time, until I discovered that once bananas ripen, they convert to glucose like eating sugar. I can't stand green bananas, so now I eat my (sugar-free) peanut butter with apples. Still a great treat!
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I used to eat bananas with peanut butter ALL the time, until I discovered that once bananas ripen, they convert to glucose like eating sugar. I can't stand green bananas, so now I eat my (sugar-free) peanut butter with apples. Still a great treat!

Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa! Really? Where did you find this information? The only way I like my bananas is ripe. Green bananas make me gag.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Really? Where did you find this information? The only way I like my bananas is ripe. Green bananas make me gag.

That info came from my MIL, who is a ND and recently did a ton of research on glycemic index and foods while getting her phd.

One online source is http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/carbcounts/a/bananas.htm, although it underestimates the glycemic index of ripe bananas. More accurate gi references say it's close to 70 than 40.