Not sure how I got here - but I'm not sticking around

Options
2»

Replies

• gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I came to this site almost a year ago, at my heaviest weight ever. I have gotten down to the best shape of my life and met lots of great people also working on their weight and condition. Good luck and have fun, you can do it!
  • maryh1974
    maryh1974 Posts: 41
    Options
    this place is awesome , you will do it !!!
  • kittynurse
    Options
    I feel like I "deserve" those little chocolate doughnuts or Pepsi - and then my whole diet plan derails.

This little mental trick plays out in my mind all day, every day. I've finally come to a place where I start telling myself that I don't deserve to feel as crappy about myself as I know I will after eating the doughnuts or chocolate or anything else I can sabotage myself with; what I deserve is to treat myself with the respect and regard with which I treat everyone else around me instead of treating my body like a landfill and hissing hate-filled self-talk every time I look in the mirror. You can do this, and you deserve to treat yourself well so you feel like you're the one holding the reins in your life. You've got this. And if you ever feel weak, have a 20 ounce glass of water then post something here. Congratulations on taking the first steps!
  • foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    Awesome. That is the first step!!! When I reached my heaviest, I felt like I was living someone elses life. I feel like I blacked out or something. IT happened so quick. I'll be here for you if you need some encouragement!!! The rest is in your hands. You can do it and you will do it. If you work hard, you will get to where you want to be. Its a fact. Plain and simple. When you look at it that way, its easier to get started. :) Good luck!!!

Oh and I could live off of Chick-Fil-A!!!!! ;)
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I need support, because I am easily swayed - I feel like I "deserve" those little chocolate doughnuts or Pepsi - and then my whole diet plan derails. I am counting on the good folks here to help.

You've come to the right place!

I'm on a low carb diet and when I really want something I know I can't eat I remind myself that even that one cookie I think I want is going to ruin my whole day. It may feel good for the few moments it takes to eat it, but I'm going to be mad at myself the moment I swallow it. You may feel you deserve it (I've been there!) but think about what those empty calories are doing to you before you give in. Remember the old mantra: "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!"
  • vroyyoung
    vroyyoung Posts: 33
    Options
    Sounds like you have all the right reasons to lose the weight. If you would like an additional "cheerleader" to cheer you along the way then friend me. Like you I want to lose weight to be able to interact better with my kids and show them a good role model when it comes to eating right. I was pre-diabetic (happily I've left that behind me) and am fighting like crazy to get my cholesterol right.

Be sure to set small goals for yourself with non-food treats as rewards. Add exercise that can be done with the family like walks after dinner or trips to the park. Best wishes on your weight loss journey, and remember, one "bad" eating day is just that - one day. Never beat yourself up over it, make the next day great and forgive little slips, just keep them few and far between.
  • jebfab2612
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP! If you want support f eel free to friend me :)
  • TennisLoveGirl
    TennisLoveGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've just started my journey here on MFP as well. You sound determined and like you know what you need to do. I know what it's like to be "easily swayed" !! I've never been a very healthy eater and am learning to slowly change my ways. Add me as a friend if you like. You CAN do this.