Work Lunches - What do you take?

Options
13»

Replies

• Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    I usually try to steam some veggies the night before or bring leftovers from dinner. If I dont get around to that then I just make a small salad or a sandwich. Today I put a hebrew national 97% fat free hot dog cut up in my salad. Might sound gross but it's pretty good and took away my craving for meat.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Today I had a small pouch of tuna with relish and mustard on one slice of whole wheat bread and a large Fuji apple. 300 cals.
  • gemgemwill
    gemgemwill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If I'm working earlies I take a home made salad, lettuce, tomatoes, cucmber, peppers, carrots, red onions, with either tuna or ham or cheese. Plenty of snacks for throughout the day as well, such as grapes, banana, orange or apples and yoghurts.
    If I'm working lates, I'll take a a weight watcher's ready meal and a few snacks.
    If I'm working nights, I'll take just snacks such as fruit or yoghurt or nuts.

If you still want some sort of sandwich for lunch, why not change up the bread for a tortilla wrap instead? x
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    This is a post that I got some good recipes off of. They all seem fairly easy and able to split up and store for lunches for the week. I made the peanut sauce from the chicken saute with peanut dipping sauce and it is amazingly good. You can use for more than one thing too. I made it into a wrap with chicken and veggies and am planning on using it as a dressing for a salad and maybe making my own version of Noodles and Company's peanut saute. Hope these help!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/179543-my-go-to-recipes