MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Ok Dee, I am here and need your help...you have always been there for me before...but I have really messed up this time...I just can't do both, WW and here, and I like the way the calories are all broken out along with all the other nutrition stats as I need to know when I have exceeded my sodium cause I think this is where I have a realy problem...
    So I have really blown it this past week and continued to do so yesterday, I have not been to the gym in a few days, just so stressed with getting ready to work from home..but that is no real excuse, I have just plain been out of control...
    So here we go today is Sunday March 20th, and I will go to the gym at least 5 times this week...starting tomorrow...I will be busy today, we are having a little B'day party here today for my DGD she turned 14...so need to get ready for that now and hope that I can resist the overindulgence of eating too much B'day cake if I eat any at all...I am so weak when it comes to those kind of things...
    So I need to lose this week and I will get at least 120 minutes of exercise in this week by going to the gym or working in the yard...I will get all my veggies and fruit in and I will try and stay within my sodium intake...
    I re-upped my membership with WW when they changed the points system but I think I am canceling today...that way I can concentrate my efforts here and only post on the thread...
    Love Ya, and thanks for letting me know about this site...

PS
    Just so you all know, Nanny here is a very dear friend from my Weight Watcher Group. There has been a lot of my WW friends that joined here after I HIGHLY PROMOTED this wonderful site!!

Lorraine
    Good Luck!! I know that you will get back in the losing game just as much as you know that I will too!!! I do think this will help us more and seeing the food & exercise diary is GREAT MOTIVATION!! I will always be here for you!! Love ya!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Wow, we have a LOT of newbies this week! I'm so excited to see all of the new faces and I can't wait to get to know you!! I'm Ang, and this is my favorite place on MFP.

Welcome BACK to all of the returning participants too! We're going to have a great week here and make our goals and shout from the rooftops when we achieve them!

That being said Ang, :smokin: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!:drinker:
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    Idid this a few weeks ago and would like to give it another go. I'm going for 210 minutes. (30 minutes a day). I'm wanting to start on the 30 day shred...again so If I so that this week I'll do additional workouts for the day.
  • bigdaddy1789
    Options
    I'm back again for the 1-2 pound challenge!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    I love the fact that we have options since i have given up on the scale for the month :)

My goal is : walking for at least 750 minutes this week

arwamya
    Yesssssss!!!! Everyone has different needs, but we all need SUPPORT!! WELCOME!!!!! I sure wish I could give up the scales.................. for I am a daily weigher. YIKES!!

I know , i used to weigh myself everyday, at times even five times a day. It used to frustrate me if i saw no changes or heaven forbid a gain. I shifted to making workout goals weekly rather weigh ins and this made it easier to give up the scale :)
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just checking in.

Congrats to everyone who's been so successful. I think NSV has become my new second favorite acronym (after MFP :laugh: ). Keep up the great work!!

How did everyone do yesterday? Any potential speed bumps today?
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I really wish TOM would GO HOME!!!! I have the Hungry Horrors really badly today. I am bloated and crabby. I'll do 20 minutes of Wii dance tonight but I can't fathom any more than that. :ohwell:
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So far this week I have done 120mins of exercise and i plan to do at least another 30 tonight. I am almost half to my weeks goals!! excited
  • OhItsOn
    OhItsOn Posts: 36
    Options
    arwamya ---- right there with you... kudos to taking a month off from the scale. I have had issues in the past and I am REALLY trying to get on the scale less. Now, I know from past experience that my weight easily fluctuates 3-5 lbs. during the day... sometimes as much as 7. So, whay did I get on the scale at night 2 hours after I ate dinner the other day... then freak out as the scale showed I was up 3 pounds. Sometimes my emotions get the best of me. And to make matters worse... I ended up getting upset and eating a bunch of late night snacks... healthy snacks, but too much healthy snacks is still too many calories. As a result... I really did gain a pound. Boo!

I've made a bet with a co-worker to see who can lose 15 lbs first. He doesn't have 15 lbs to lose in my opinion, but makes my odds of winning greater ... especially since as he tones up and puts on more muscle... well, muscle weighs more than fat. Anyway.... it's a win-win for both of us as I need to lose over 100 lbs. so any little bit helps and he wants to tone up. Even so... I want to crush him like a bug. So I really need to get it in gear and start working out. I've lost weight so far simply be making healthier food choices and (mainly) by eating more. I'm still not eating every 3 hours or so as I should be, but I'm doing MUCH, MUCH better than I used to.

It's a process... and I agree, focusing on smaller goals makes the task of losing so much weight and getting back into shape and becoming healthier/happier less daunting.

Now, if you'll excuse me.... I need to get out and go for a walk to get some of my exercise minutes logged off for this week's challenge. smile.

Thanks so much for this thread and all the motivation and support. You all rock!
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Just strolled thru the grocery store today and did cleaning all day so I have 8089 steps, but I did no 'official' walking.

Sunday - 2.25
    Monday - 0 for a total of 2.25
  • missdeehere
    Options
    So far this week I have done 120mins of exercise and i plan to do at least another 30 tonight. I am almost half to my weeks goals!! excited

:drinker: And the week is still young!! Good or you!!

:noway: I have 35/120 and thought I was doing good. LOL I wanna try and get on the Ball while watching Bigest Loser tonight. Just wish I wouldn't get so tired from working with 4 & 5 year olds all day! LOL I am telling you, they wear me out! LOL:noway:
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    It is amazing how much this group has grown. Welcome everyone. I have been taking Mondays off from exercise because it is a busy day for me. Work and then eat dinner and out the door for quilting until 9pm. I did manage to get in a Turbo Jam dvd this morning so 45/350. I am very happy about that :smile: Good luck with all your goals for the week:drinker:
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    C25K W1D1=2miles tonight
    Goal 10 miles this week
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in:

What were my goals again?

Okay. Worked out a total of 75 minutes.
    Under calorie goal for the day.
    Don't know my weight til Wednesday.
    Oh - one of my workouts today was at the gym. Go me.
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Good morning!!! My Check in for monday was 54/400 and I stayed under my cal limit. Already have my meals and snacks planned out for the day so I have to exercise this morning to that I know I have wiggle room in the cal dept this evening. As it sets this morning ( Tuesday) without exercise I am already 120 cals over so.... BL Power Walk here I come... Have a great day all.
    Dee I too plan on watching Biggest loser tonight... LOVE their before and after pics!!!
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    TODAY IS A NEW DAY!!! Amen to that! :drinker:

Even with my "pig out" day yesterday, I still saw a loss on the scale this morning (yes, I am a daily weigher and no, I can't stop). I definitely see my first mini goal of 25 lbs within reach! I can see my ankle bones and my cheeks (on my face) seem a little more defined. I am able to walk quicker and I have been taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator since March 7th. Today is Day 16 for me and I have to pat myself on the back and celebrate this victory! I have a long, long way to go but I never want to see those 19 pounds again! GOOD RIDDANCE!

I can't possibly keep up with everyone on here since Sunday but I am so proud of ALL OF YOU and you are all doing a great job! Now that I've gotten my "bad day" out of the way I will be able to respond to each of you. Last night all I wanted to do was shut down the computer and lay in bed... and so I did. But that was yesterday and today my batteries are recharged and I am BACK IN ACTION, BABY! lol :glasses:

THIS WEEK: Goal 150 mins and 5 lb loss.
    Sunday - 40 mins
    Monday - 25 mins
    65/150 and 2.6/5
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the successes, and that's a great attitude SuzMac.

I'm on my way, but I'm doing a little more running every other day. We'll see how I'm doing toward my goal tomorrow. Until then, I'll be here to support and cheer on anyone who needs it!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    2 miles over lunch
    4/10 for the week
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    Sam - GL on the running!
    Kris - WTG!!!

I did 20 mins of Wii dancing and 10 minutes of Wii bowling and basketball = 30 mins today
    95/150
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday :
    72 mins exercise for a total of 128/400
    Under my cal goals for the day.

Is it just me or does anyone else get hungry while watching biggest loser?

Anyway... tomorrow is another day... need to keep up the 72 mins in order to make my goal. Tomorrow is also weigh in day at work. Wish me luck!!