post em! your low-cal versions of favorite foods

Options
808sun
808sun Posts: 13
I wanna see what everyone can come up with. Thanks!

Replies

• HannahPastoor
    Options
    Bump! I can't wait to see what people post...But for now I NEED to go to bed...
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    pizza sauce on a whole wheat pita with veggies and cheese for low cal pizza
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    frozen greek yogurt and berries for icecream
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    greek yogurt adams peanut butter and choc protein powder mixed and frozen for peanut butter cups
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Almond Milk - 60 Cal version instead of milk. If you like almonds, you'll love almond milk. Try it unsweetened for an even lower cal. version. That's at least a 20 cal. savings per cup over skim milk.
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Baked corn tortilla triangles for chips....yummy and crunchy!
  • nstorlie
    nstorlie Posts: 8
    Options
    Low fat Alfredo sauce ( great on steamed veggies)

2 cups nonfat milk
    1 8 oz package fat free philidelphia cream cheese
    1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    White pepper to taste.

Warm milk in a saucepan. Cube cream cheese, melt part way in microwave (30 seconds) and wisk into milk. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.

2/3 cup = 160 calories

It's pretty good!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    -baked regular or sweet potato fries - cut into 1/4" strips, coat with bit of olive oil, and toss with old bay seasoning/salt/cayenne/garlic powder, and bake at 400 degrees for 25 min

-mashed cauliflower as sub for mashed potatoes - mix with some skim milk/chicken broth/parm cheese/parsley. or instead of using 100% cauliflower, use half potato, half cauliflower
  • britt_fit
    britt_fit Posts: 169
    Options
    I just had "mashed potatoes" made out of cauliflower and it was delicious!

Also sometimes I'll have some lite Cool Whip with chocolate syrup instead of ice cream.

I like to freeze chocolate whips yogurt too or frozen bananas are always sweet

Spaghetti squash w/ tomato sauce instead of pasta (21 calories a cup for the squash!!)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    pizza sauce on a whole wheat pita with veggies and cheese for low cal pizza

That sounds great, I'm gonna have to try that!
  • gemlynch
    gemlynch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Low calorie rice krispie treats! I love these for that hit of sugar and the high dose of iron I get with them!

2 tbsp light butter
    100g of marshmallows
    3c. Rice Krispies (Rice Bubbles if you're Australian)

Melt the marshmallows with butter. When smooth, add the Rice Krispies, mix well, then press into 9x12 (or so) pan lined with wax paper. Let set for a couple of hours then cut into 12 bars.

I would also say my low cal banana bread recipe from SkinnyTaste.com (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/makeover-banana-nut-bread-3-pts.html), but for some reason I can't get the bread to stay risen!! I've made three times and the taste is delicous, 100 calories per slice, but about 20 minutes after removing from oven, it falls and seems undercooked in the middle - even after 75 minutes of baking. Tried a different recipe, same result. If anyone has some suggestions I'm all ears!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    take one Jello Sugar Free Mousse Temptations Cup in Dark Chocolate (or any sugar free Jello Pudding snack), or any kind you like, and 1 tablespoon of Keebler Graham Cracker crumbs and mix together. It is kinda like a choc mousse pie deconstructed! Its 60 cals for the mousse/pudding and 23 cals for one tablespoon of crumbs and is amazing! it is my dessert every day. and only 83 calories!! i got the idea from Coldstone Creamery, where you can get graham cracker pie crust mixed into your icecream. so this is similar!! YUMMO! :happy:

oh and put the mousse/pudding in the freezer for like 10mins before you are ready to eat it, even better!!
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Low calorie rice krispie treats! I love these for that hit of sugar and the high dose of iron I get with them!

2 tbsp light butter
    100g of marshmallows
    3c. Rice Krispies (Rice Bubbles if you're Australian)

Melt the marshmallows with butter. When smooth, add the Rice Krispies, mix well, then press into 9x12 (or so) pan lined with wax paper. Let set for a couple of hours then cut into 12 bars.

I would also say my low cal banana bread recipe from SkinnyTaste.com (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/makeover-banana-nut-bread-3-pts.html), but for some reason I can't get the bread to stay risen!! I've made three times and the taste is delicous, 100 calories per slice, but about 20 minutes after removing from oven, it falls and seems undercooked in the middle - even after 75 minutes of baking. Tried a different recipe, same result. If anyone has some suggestions I'm all ears!

Oooh. rice crispie treats! wow! thanks!
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • basalmouse
    Options
    bump
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    -baked regular or sweet potato fries - cut into 1/4" strips, coat with bit of olive oil, and toss with old bay seasoning/salt/cayenne/garlic powder, and bake at 400 degrees for 25 min

-mashed cauliflower as sub for mashed potatoes - mix with some skim milk/chicken broth/parm cheese/parsley. or instead of using 100% cauliflower, use half potato, half cauliflower

about how many calories are the baked potatoes?
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Interested...
  • chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    take one Jello Sugar Free Mousse Temptations Cup in Dark Chocolate (or any sugar free Jello Pudding snack), or any kind you like, and 1 tablespoon of Keebler Graham Cracker crumbs and mix together. It is kinda like a choc mousse pie deconstructed! Its 60 cals for the mousse/pudding and 23 cals for one tablespoon of crumbs and is amazing! it is my dessert every day. and only 83 calories!! i got the idea from Coldstone Creamery, where you can get graham cracker pie crust mixed into your icecream. so this is similar!! YUMMO! :happy:

oh and put the mousse/pudding in the freezer for like 10mins before you are ready to eat it, even better!!
    Sounds amazing!