Should I eat my exercise mat?

Options

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think mine must be supposed to be strawberry flavoured, but I'm a bit wary of not eating "clean". Should I wash it first?
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    You can link to posts within this site, but not external addresses.

Ahhh, I see. Thank you! Mystery solved! I was trying to Rickroll everyone. fail.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    You should be OK if you exercise before you eat it. But don't eat it right before bed. Especially after midnight. You might wake up with a mo-hawk and be a green reptile with an affinity for water, and an aversion to sunlight.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You really should only be eating clean food. Exercise mats are filled with artificial ingredients. I would NEVER eat a blue one. Artificial colors blech. But if you must eat an exercise mat, I suggest you stick with hemp or bamboo.

[BTW—love you for this thread :flowerforyou: ]
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    After a few years of bare feet, mine's cheese flavour. Yummy!

Thanks for the best laugh of the day!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    cut it into tortilla chips and bake it.
    eat it with home made salsa.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I think mine must be supposed to be strawberry flavoured, but I'm a bit wary of not eating "clean". Should I wash it first?

hahaha....my thoughts exactly!
  • bethm1210
    bethm1210 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Actually I think you should just chew on it, it might be hard to swallow so the chewing will burn calories!

I was going to say the same thing. Kinda like celery - you burn more calories than you consume... :tongue:
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think it is time for an intervention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSM5W41jl74
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    mine is pink and orange but after all the work I did on it - it will not be that tasty - can we say sweat - EWWWW

Ohhh, watch the sodium then!! :D hahahahah
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Was sooo confused reading the topic hahaha this is awesome :P
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It's blue and kind of squishy. How many calories do you think it has? I have two of them so I was thinking of just eating the one.
    25r30wi.gif

OMG, no one has any clue how much I needed to find this thread today! Thanks for starting this new snack craze Taso!!:wink::heart:

Someone shared they had a green one? I think getting greens in everyday is really important for our bodies, mine is orange, which is another food that's great in Vitamin A I believe, good for the eyes!

Mine happens to have straps to keep it rolled up...hm, trying to decide if I'd want to munch on them or fat free cool whip instead? Thoughts? My mat is super thick though... might have to think about this a bit. I might have to chew slowly and cut it into slices like pizza. :tongue:

You guys rocked my world today!!! Thanks for that:drinker: :smooched:

Becca:heart:
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    NEVER eat exercise mats after 4pm

Or during a full moon, or if your blood type is red...

And remember not to eat your exercise mat with any form of socks, UNLESS you eat at least two dumbbells straight after
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    As long as you drink some water and walk around the block...you'll be fine! :drinker:
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    hahaha. I've felt hungry enough to do that before. haha
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Oh - as if deciding which exercise equipment to buy wasn't confusing enough, now I have to think about which ones will TASTE good? (sigh)
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    LMAO.

If you're hungry or broke definitely eat the mat. I hear combining this mat eating with hours and hours of running in place on the mat (before you eat it) is the best way to lose belly fat. Or was that the "bus driver" arms? Oh and cut out all sensible nutrition otherwise for at least 3 weeks.
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    Ha! This is awesome. :laugh:
    I've heard from some random Internet blog that I won't link to that it is best to eat at least half a mat a day. You will easily lose those excess bone pounds! But only if the mat is green! The blue ones will give you some nasty mutations and no one wants to have to get rid of that third arm flab.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Too many chemicals and additives. I nice substitute would be rice cakes.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat all of your exercise mat after exercising. If you're hungry, go ahead -- if not, don't worry about eating the whole mat. If you eat about half your mat every day, you're doing fine.

If you're under 1200 calories a day, though, by all means, eat the whole mat every day. You'll go into starvation mode otherwise.

I ate my whole exercise mat every day for a month, and lost 100 pounds. Then I ate only half of my mat each day, and gained back 80 of those pounds.

:laugh: