strech marks and bikini

Options

Replies

• Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    When I was 18 I was...shallow. I remember shopping for clothes with my mom and saying "If I ever wear a 14, harpoon me". God has a sense of humor. :laugh: I've been in a 14 for about 10 years now. I also used to look at women with stretch marks in bikinis and think they should cover it up. I think I've grown a bit since then, physically and literally, and now I say OH YEAH!!! I'm back in the bikini, stretch marks and all when the time comes. The time is no where near and I'm already in a tankini. Love me or don't look!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/19/article-1313462-0643E1F7000005DC-284_468x609.jpg

That is model Lizzie Miller. She has stretch marks and the overhanging belly.

I plan on wearing bikinis once I lose more weight. I don't care about the overhanging belly or the stretch marks I want to feel sexy about myself. Do you honestly wear bathing suits for other people? Do you wear them only to cover your stomach? No, you wear them to go swimming in or go to the beach in. You're swimming, not other people. My stretch marks on a skinny body are not only a badge of being a mother but of the strength I have to have lost all my weight. I don't see why we as humans should be so ashamed of being healthy now.

Oh my word!!! Thank you so much for posting that!!! That's exactly what my stomach looks like.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    If you are concious of the strecth marks try a tankini or a monokini.....I plan on getting a sexy monokini when I reach my goal cause I have horrid stretch marks on my tummy too
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    what is a monokini?
  • SlimmingSarah
    Options
    Man I am covered head to toe in stretch marks from when I went from rail thin at 12 to all boob and hip at 14. And you know what? I don't ever care. No one even notices! And if they do? Who cares! You worked so hard for your body you should be able to wear a bikini with pride!

If you really want to get rid of them though, Bio-oil is incredible stuff. I had a massive scar taking up half my knee when I had a reconstruction. The scar is now so tiny it just looks like a little spot! If it works on stretchmarks as well as it works on big, deep, ugly, dark scars... You'll be set!
  • stephc71885
    stephc71885 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i agree with what everyone is saying... you worked hard to get into bikini shape- rock it! what i've noticed is no matter how critical I am of myself, when I get to the beach I am so relaxed and enjoying myself I'm not analyzing how everyone else looks anyway! If you do want something to help with the stretch marks, I've used Mederma in the past. It's a little pricey, but a little bit goes a long way and it worked great for me. I've used it on a couple scars too. Enjoy that bikini body! I hope I'm there by June when it's time for my vacation!
  • bella5469
    bella5469 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks ladies for all ur opinions.... Since i have lost the 9lbs i have noticed they are not that noticeable... so hopefully with the nxt 12lbs of weight loss and toning up they will be less, anyways beachbunny.com and victoriasecret here i come lol.
  • smithalcutie
    smithalcutie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i had 10lb babies so i have horrible stretch marks from the front all the way to my back big long ugly ones. i hate them soo much and my ex husband used to make me feel even worse about them. but after reading everyones posts i will too rock a bikini when i lose the weight and i will go as far as post a pic. MOMS ROCK!!!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    what is a monokini?

It looks like a bikini fro the back but its attached to the bottom in the front, with a panel that hides the tummy
    This is my favourite one..
    http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265421633162&c=Page&cid=1297688097780&pagename=vsdWrapper
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I think I have the worse stretch marks humanly possable on my stomach. They look like a road map and are DEEP reaching from above my belly button all the way to the bottom of my stomach YUK. Of course this is from having an almost 8 lb baby then twins weighing almost 12 lbs together. NO WAY would I wear a bikini but I agree with the tankini idea. I just want to look good in a swimsuit PERIOD I don't care if it's a bikini or a 1 piece :)
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I've had stretch marks for as long as I can remember. I was quite a chubby kid and I have ridiculously sensitive pale skin which I think was the reason for my stretch marks as I was going up. They are still with me today but since I have slimmed down (from about the age of 17 - now 26) they have started to fade and they aren't so noticeable anymore. They used to be quite pink and very noticeable but they're very pale down, almost blending in with my skin at times!

I am going on a family holiday in June and I am working my butt of so I'm a couple of sizes smaller (I don't have too much to go now). I think i'm going to treat myself to a professional tan (I also don't tan naturally so this will help!) which, i think will give me the confidence to wear a bikini. Even if its just my family, i'm still self conscious. I need to feel 100% confidence before I put a bikini on, let alone in public! When I do though I think i may even cry a little. Looking good in a bikini is one of my ultimate goals and I really hope I get there.

I can't honestly remember the last time I wore a bikini - I think it may have been when I was a toddler!

Because of my skin, i think i got my stretch marks before I even hit puberty!
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    before I had my son and had a tight no stretch mark stomach I was not that confident showing that much skin. Now!!!! I am not yet at my bikini body weight but honey when I get there I will be rocking a two piece and EVERY single short shorts I can afford!!!! They have faded some but still. I think its all in the confindenc and the person who said that we notice them more than anybody else is SO right!!! Rock your two piece girl!!
  • gemgemwill
    gemgemwill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had stretch marks since I was a kid and I have been on hols with my skinny mates and still worn a bikini.
    They are part of you and to be honest, have you ever seen these people on hols or ever gonna see them again???
    Wear them and be proud, every mark and every wrinkle on my body tells a story and the story's still going!!!!!
    xx
    :flowerforyou:
    :laugh:
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    Cocoa Butter works great! I live in Florida and always have it on hand. It has to be real cocoa butter though, so read the label. Also, I use cocoa butter for sun burn instead of anything else, including aloe. If you use it twice a day, immediatley when you get burned, you will not peal and I usually peel like crazy! Hope that helps.
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    monokinis are sexy :) Thats what I rock..
  • nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I agree that Mederma works really well.

I got stretch marks in my 8 month of pregnancy. I went almost the whole pregnancy with none and then BAM! I was upset and they were dark. But now I must say they have faded tons, now very light and I had my baby 9 months ago. I am not yet ready to be in a bikini, got a bit more weight to lose and definatly need to tone up! Ive always loved itty bitty bikinis and thats all Ive worn but this year I seriously considered a one piece or tankini. I decided if I lose my 6lbs and can get toned up by Summer, I am gonna be back in my bikini. If you feel good, then you should wear a bikini with confidence. I can guarantee people will not even notice like you think they will. For me; being in a 1 piece would make me feel worse than being in a bikini because Ive always only worn bikinis
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    They are all over me, my arms, my thighs, my hips, and my boobs. They suck, but I've had em forever...so if I get down to my goal weight I'll still wear the bikini I bought last fall when they were on clearance.
  • NewMe7
    NewMe7 Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree! Rock the bikini!! As long as you are comfortable, who cares?! In my experience, if I use a self tanner and get a little color going, I don't feel like they are as noticeable.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    If you're a little self conscious, try a cut out one piece. Some are really sexy, since they leave some mystery, but they cover up the areas you don't like to much. I am getting one for this summer and my fiance is the one who thought of it. He said it would be hot and it works for me!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I didn't find Bio Oil did a thing for me, and I used it for a year.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!