favourite ways to have cottage cheese

Options
ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
Hi everyone.
I just bought some light cottage cheese. I have only had it once a couple of years ago with some honeydew melon-which was delicious. Just wondering what some other cottage cheese favourites are?

Replies

• MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    With pineapple or peaches mixed in.
  • ethel64
    ethel64 Posts: 91
    Options
    love mine with blueberries and peach slices.. :)
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love it with cantaloupe, pineapple or apple sauce. For non-sweet mixes, try it with tomatoes, salsa, or fresh beets.
  • magpie8402
    magpie8402 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but I bet strawberries would be yummy.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    in a baked potato, or with doritos
  • ambie35
    Options
    ,just read on a website that its good on toast with cinnamon.
    I've got lots of fruit Im eager to try it with.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    add cinnamon <3 or just eat it plain!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    my favorites are with pineapple, or just with pepper....so good.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I love to mix it in with some salsa and eat it as a dip on chips...it doesn't look very good but it is so YUMMY
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just like it plain.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    With fresh fruit. Cantaloupe, pineapple, and strawberries are my favorite.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to have cottage cheese is none at all.!!! I can't stand the stuff. But I am glad so many of you have found a way to enjoy it.
  • ambie35
    Options
    in a baked potato, or with doritos

mmmm,doritos. Havn't had them in about two months now -might have to save up some cals for them tomorrow.
  • dilansmom
    dilansmom Posts: 14
    Options
    strawberry jam!!!!

It's pure heaven. Try it. You won't regret it.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have cottage cheese every morning! I have it (1/4 cup) with berries usually (black, raspberries or blue) and a small yogurt all mixed up together. Sometimes I use frozen berries too. And Pineapple is yummy too. I sometimes add in 1/3 cup of all bran buds for a crunch. I find protein difficult to eat in the am, so this works for me.
    Remember all cottage cheeses are not equal in taste! I like breakstones (USA) and Dairyland in Ontario, Canada.
  • ambie35
    Options
    I have cottage cheese every morning! I have it (1/4 cup) with berries usually (black, raspberries or blue) and a small yogurt all mixed up together. Sometimes I use frozen berries too. And Pineapple is yummy too. I sometimes add in 1/3 cup of all bran buds for a crunch. I find protein difficult to eat in the am, so this works for me.
    Remember all cottage cheeses are not equal in taste! I like breakstones (USA) and Dairyland in Ontario, Canada.

Im Canadian and I got dairyland hopefully its good.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    It's good with any kind of fruit, in baked potatoes and I sometimes eat it on top of organic salad with a couple drops of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes...it's a good with a piece of baked chicken or fish.:smile:
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I like to add salt and pepper when there is no fruit. But otherwise grapes are my favorite in it, especially green ones! But any kind of fruit is really delicious. I want to try the strawberry jam mix-in though!
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My grandfather loved to season his cottage cheese with a dash of salt and pepper and some poultry seasoning (which is basically sage.) It's an acquired taste, but if you're looking for something different give that a try. It's definitely tasty.
  • elyssiam
    elyssiam Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a little Italian salad dressing, or some aged balsamic vinegar. Mrs. Dash, seasoned salt... The possibilities are endless!