Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

favourite ways to have cottage cheese

ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
Hi everyone.
I just bought some light cottage cheese. I have only had it once a couple of years ago with some honeydew melon-which was delicious. Just wondering what some other cottage cheese favourites are?

Replies

• MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    With pineapple or peaches mixed in.
  • ethel64
    ethel64 Posts: 91
    love mine with blueberries and peach slices.. :)
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    I love it with cantaloupe, pineapple or apple sauce. For non-sweet mixes, try it with tomatoes, salsa, or fresh beets.
  • magpie8402
    magpie8402 Posts: 121 Member
    I haven't tried it, but I bet strawberries would be yummy.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    in a baked potato, or with doritos
  • ambie35
    ,just read on a website that its good on toast with cinnamon.
    I've got lots of fruit Im eager to try it with.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    add cinnamon <3 or just eat it plain!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    my favorites are with pineapple, or just with pepper....so good.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    I love to mix it in with some salsa and eat it as a dip on chips...it doesn't look very good but it is so YUMMY
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    I just like it plain.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    With fresh fruit. Cantaloupe, pineapple, and strawberries are my favorite.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    My favorite way to have cottage cheese is none at all.!!! I can't stand the stuff. But I am glad so many of you have found a way to enjoy it.
  • ambie35
    in a baked potato, or with doritos

mmmm,doritos. Havn't had them in about two months now -might have to save up some cals for them tomorrow.
  • dilansmom
    dilansmom Posts: 14
    strawberry jam!!!!

It's pure heaven. Try it. You won't regret it.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    I have cottage cheese every morning! I have it (1/4 cup) with berries usually (black, raspberries or blue) and a small yogurt all mixed up together. Sometimes I use frozen berries too. And Pineapple is yummy too. I sometimes add in 1/3 cup of all bran buds for a crunch. I find protein difficult to eat in the am, so this works for me.
    Remember all cottage cheeses are not equal in taste! I like breakstones (USA) and Dairyland in Ontario, Canada.
  • ambie35
    I have cottage cheese every morning! I have it (1/4 cup) with berries usually (black, raspberries or blue) and a small yogurt all mixed up together. Sometimes I use frozen berries too. And Pineapple is yummy too. I sometimes add in 1/3 cup of all bran buds for a crunch. I find protein difficult to eat in the am, so this works for me.
    Remember all cottage cheeses are not equal in taste! I like breakstones (USA) and Dairyland in Ontario, Canada.

Im Canadian and I got dairyland hopefully its good.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    It's good with any kind of fruit, in baked potatoes and I sometimes eat it on top of organic salad with a couple drops of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes...it's a good with a piece of baked chicken or fish.:smile:
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    I like to add salt and pepper when there is no fruit. But otherwise grapes are my favorite in it, especially green ones! But any kind of fruit is really delicious. I want to try the strawberry jam mix-in though!
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    My grandfather loved to season his cottage cheese with a dash of salt and pepper and some poultry seasoning (which is basically sage.) It's an acquired taste, but if you're looking for something different give that a try. It's definitely tasty.
  • elyssiam
    elyssiam Posts: 31 Member
    I like mine with a little Italian salad dressing, or some aged balsamic vinegar. Mrs. Dash, seasoned salt... The possibilities are endless!