Hundred Push Ups October

Options

Replies

• FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mornin' Pups...great progress all of you, congrats!

I fell off the wagon the end of September...I was up to 7 correct form pushups at that time...I'm starting over this week and will post my progress soon.

I got sidetracked by family, etc.

I am so movtivated to continue with the pushups!

New news...I've been offered my 1st professional appearance at a party in November...I'm not performing, I'll be hostessing...my instructor and a few others will be the showcase dancers and my job will be Hostess...all I have to do is show up in costume, mingle and dance with the party goers.

Here I am at 51...never imagined this kind of work in my wildest dreams...Bellydance is so much fun, it is physically challenging but never feels like work!

Keep on Pushin' Pups!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I only managed 35 in my test on Sunday - I was disappointed not to see more improvement from last week (33). So yesterday I repeated week 5, day 1:
    26 (min 20)
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Laurabelle, how's week one going? Sounds like you did really well on day one!
    FD, Good to see you again, as always! I'm glad you are motivated to keep doing the push ups even though you've had some setbacks. You may find, while starting over this week, that you really have gotten stronger and can do more than you did initially. We're glad you are still with us!
    CP, how are you doing?
    I am losing motivation. Am I going to quit? No, but I wish I was more motivated. I think I am just a little discouraged. I'll bounce back.
    I did week 6 day 2 level 1 this morning. I made it all the way through. Even up to 30 consecs in the last set I was thinking it felt easier. Then as I got into the 40's my body started to give way. I can tell I am stronger though. Now if I can just make it passed 50!
    Keep it up!
    Viv, are you still doing it? I know you've been sick for a few days.
    MM
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    OK! this is really rough...but i absolutely love it. So i won't post everyday, more like i'll get on a once a week thing so you all don't have to hear me go on on on:yawn:

But Week 1 Day 2 Level 1: 16 push ups! Yippee!!!!

More than i ever thought i could do! My arms are killing me though. but in a good way. I can't believe how much fun this is and how much it makes me feel better about myself, just completing ea. days push ups.

Anyway! Good luck ya'll, keep up the good work!
    MM-Keep with it, your doing great and a fantastic motivator for everyone else! Put a little toward yourself!!!:flowerforyou:

Laura
  • cp005e
    Options
    Oh no, we fell off the front page of the forum! This should help. :wink:

I just finished Week 5, Day 2 - still in the first column:
    1&2: 10
    3&4: 13
    5&6: 10
    7: 9
    8: 32 (min 25)

I felt pretty good about that last set - it IS getting easier (last week I only did 27)! Slowly... but surely. My arms are aching now, though.

Hang in there, Melissa - you are doing great. I want to see you in that t-shirt! :happy:

Laura, glad to have you with us. You are off to a fantastic start! And FD - I'm sure you'll have tons of fun at your gig. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    lettin y'all know I am now to

30 girlie push ups
    3 full out, boy, man or whatever push ups on my toes

3 planks (15 seconds, shakin like mofo)
    00020210.gif
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Wow, arewethereyet! That's awesome! You're doing great!
    CP, I'm glad you think it's getting easier. :tongue: You're doing awesome! We'll see how well I do tomorrow on day 3!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    U GO mechanicmom! :drinker: Your posts make me add stuff to my routine! :heart:
  • simlane
    simlane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    week 1 day 3 and i managed 20 push ups!!! so impressed, and didnt think i'd manage it at all, cant wait to see how i get on next week, well done to everyone else as well xxx
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    20 girl push ups 10 regular push ups.

keep going everyone is doing great

96414.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

17175.jpg
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Awesome! Everyone is doing awesome!
    I fell two short today. UGH!:mad: I'm getting a little frustrated. Getting tired of week 6 lol.
    I need to look at the fact that I did 168 full push ups, but I look at the fact that I didn't do two more on the last set and that I am struggling so badly during the last 10-15. Maybe I should try to go back to week 5 this next week and work on technique? It will also build my confidence. What do you all think? I mean I've been doing week 6 for about a month now. I thought I would have been doing better than this.
  • simlane
    Options
    awh bless ya so close, possibly try week 5 and see how it goes, i know confidence has a lot to do with it so taking a small step back to bound forwards is always going to help,dont think of it as being defeated, you've still done so well xxx
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    oh I am so weak!

I did knee pushups and still could only do 15 with my test :(

I cannot do ONE real pushup. seriously. yikes!

oh well, guess that's why we do the challenge, right? to improve!

C
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Lonely, Hey that's not too bad- doing 15 on your knees! That's a good start! Before you know it you will be doing a full push up! Welcome to the challenge!
    MM
  • cp005e
    Options
    Hey MM - I think going back to week 5, maybe in a tougher column, sounds like a great idea for you. I can see how it's frustrating to keep repeating the same day. I am hoping to get to move on to week 6 myself (I'll probably do my test Monday morning and then do day 1 of whatever week that night), but I bet I will be in the same boat as you. I'd need 46 to move on... :noway: But if I can move to a harder column, I figure that's still progress. Or maybe work on my form and try to get lower.

Anyway! Today was Week 5, Day 3, level 1:
    1&2: 13
    3&4: 15
    5&6: 12
    7: 10
    8: 31 (minimum 30) - same as last week :ohwell:

Sometimes I feel like I psych myself out on the last set, thinking about my form and my breathing, and then all of a sudden I'm shaking and can't do nearly as many as I had hoped! Does anyone have that problem?
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    CP, That's why I am redoing week 5: I need to work on my form and get lower. I feel like I am cheating because I am not getting far enough down when I get up to 30 or so. And yes I think I psych myself out and start to focus on breathing or form and then suddenly I'm not doing so well. Maybe I should have my hubby count push ups for me because I also tend to give out when I know then end is near. So maybe on the max outs I can just go until I pass out and my hubby can tell me if I did enough. :laugh:
    I am trying to decide whether to test Monday morning or just go ahead and do week 5. Level two looks pretty similar to week level one except for the last set. I hope to blow the last set out of the water though. We'll see.
  • simlane
    Options
    oh thought i'd better clear up.. im doing knee push ups not real ones,no way i can manage them!!
    still so impressed with myself tho!!! yeah
    ok so today was week 2 day 1and i managed to do 15 but my muscles are feeling the pull rather than my arms weakening so didnt mind so much.!!

3479.png
  • cp005e
    Options
    Blah... just did my test for end of week 5 - 38. Not enough to move on, but maybe I can do the middle column when I repeat this time. I don't usually work out in the AM, so I don't know if doing my test now hurt or helped my results. It's a little frustrating that I've only gained 3 pushups per week for the past 2 weeks repeating week 5.

Congrats on getting to week 2, simlane! And welcome, LonelyPilgrim!
  • bellmom627
    Options
    I'm going to try and get back on the bus with this - stopped around week 3 last time and never got back into it.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    CP, I am frustrated like you for not being able to gain more push ups each week. I hope you can do level 2 without a problem this week!
    Simlane, 15 on your knees is really good! You couldn't do that many a couple of weeks ago! So keep that in mind!
    Bellmom, welcome back! :flowerforyou:

Well, I have been discouraged and encouraged this morning, all within 60 seconds of each other. :laugh: I did week 5 day 1 level 1 (yes, level 1) to work on going slower and lower. I nearly bombed. It was 86 push ups. How could I nearly bomb on 86 when I've been doing 170! I feel now like I've been cheating on week 6 this whole time, not getting low enough. So I may be repeating week 5 for awhile until I get stronger. It will be okay. I think I am getting a little bored with week 6 anyway. Does everyone else go all the way down? If I don't notice a difference I am almost thinking about finishing week 6 on my knees, or seeing how much I can do (100 maybe?) and then going back to week 5 plank style for awhile.
    I'll keep doing it. Just a little discouraged.
    THEN I got this email from one of our fellow push uppers that was a real encouragement to me! So that made my day better! Thanks!
    I need to go. I think my son locked himself in his room. :laugh: