On the cusp of 60 pounds down (pics)

NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
edited September 25 in Success Stories
Hey there everyone!

I thought I should FINALLY post a "before and after" shot (really a before and during, as i have about 15-20 more to lose) Its been a long process, and what a long, strange trip it's been! :drinker:

I started walking with a friend of mine -- yes, outdoors in Upstate New York-- in mid-December 2009. I weighed 228 at that point, down from a 251lb delivery-day weight with my #2 kiddo (late 2007). I don't even count that first portion in my weightloss numbers though :blushing:

Anyhoo, i started walking a few times a week to gain fitness and to destress from a life with 2 little kiddos (one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder) and a married-to-his-work husband. Walking was like double-duty therapy for my body and mind.

Somewhere along the line i got the crazy idea to WALK a half marathon in the fall. I talked my friend into training & walking with me and committing to that lofty goal kept me committed to exercising. I lost around 15 pounds over the course of 6 months mainly by walking (and still eating pretty crappy foods).

I took up yoga in 2010 and started hiking again and fell in love with tackling lofty goals. :heart: Then i found MFP last summer and I've been working at weightloss & fitness gains ever since. :heart:

I walked my half marathon in late September then decided to try the Couch-to-5k program even though my knees are in horrible shape. Surprisingly, i was able to run! I've now run 3 5ks and 1 4-miler and i have a 5-miler this weekend. And this fall I WILL be RUNNING the half marathon that i walked last year :smile:

I've been having a bit of a rough patch lately (nothing horrendous -- it happens) and I'm hoping that by posting my pictures i will gain some momentum to get me back up to speed.

Anyhoooooo, here is my "during & before" picture. During = 169.0 lbs, Before = 228.0 lbs

combo1.jpg

Replies

• PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    great job!
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    WOW! Doing great. You look awesome. :happy:
  • lovlegs84
    lovlegs84 Posts: 17
    You look awesome ... great job !!!
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    You look amazing! Way to go!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Thats great...keep up the good work!!!
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    You've done a great job. Congratulations...and keep up the good work! I'm learning more and more that losing weight - and keeping it off - is a long-term thing. You have given yourself a tremendous advantage by getting fit.
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    You must be feeling wonderful! Great job ! And you look fabulous! Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing!
  • csmall614
    csmall614 Posts: 16 Member
    You look amazing! Congrats and thanks for the inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    :flowerforyou: You look fantastic, good luck in all your walking/running endevours!
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    You must be so proud of yourself! Very inspiring! Don't worry about the rough spot...everyone goes thru that...you'll do it!! :happy:
    Good luck with the marathon!
  • taniahboo
    taniahboo Posts: 22
    wow u look amazing! :happy: Ur my new inspiration! Great Job!!!!!!! :)
  • Kacee03
    Kacee03 Posts: 3 Member
    I would have never guessed you at 169 in that pic... You look healthy, skinny & amazing!! Great job!! :)

4535551.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    wow....you look great!
    Keep up the good work =)
  • What a great job you did!! You look amazing!! Keep up a good work.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    You look amazing (are you sure you have more to lose :wink: I love reading inspireing stories such as yours. Keep up the god work! :happy:
  • jackalope28
    jackalope28 Posts: 38 Member
    amazing difference! wow!!
  • Ninny7
    Ninny7 Posts: 3
    You are another great example of what we all can do by simply setting our minds to it. It does feel fantastic doesn't it? Sure hope your husband has noticed! :flowerforyou:
  • You look amazing (are you sure you have more to lose :wink: I love reading inspireing stories such as yours. Keep up the god work! :happy:

yes, i could post the less-dressed version to prove it! LOL! :blushing:
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    you look amazing! your eyes are smiling now :)
  • Quicksilvas
    Quicksilvas Posts: 42 Member
    Great job, keep it up!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!