Womens point of view please.....ABS, What do you think?

Options

Replies

• JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I think low body fat % and definition are more for the individual than their partner. Aside from girls who are very active and work on their physique to an similar extreme, the general female population is probably okay with their male partner being around 12% - 16% body fat.

As for a guy's preference on their partner, I think it varies to a greater extent, but I am betting somewhere between 20% - 26%.

This is excluding people who prefer skinny/chubby/overweight SO's of course.

I wish I could get as cut as you.....Need to get back on my Jujitsu kick
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    apparently abs are FROWNED UPON IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT!!!!

I have the PM to prove it
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Someone, kind, honest, sweet, good, gental...ect...ect...ect... Don't get me wrong abs are pretty and they feel oh so nice, but if I see someone with great abs and a awesome body, often cockyness comes with that package. I know this is not always true however it does happen to be common. Also if they are too muscular, it is scary to me, I don't want to have anyone that could so easily over power me. Ultimatly I would rather have a great personality with spunk and a sense of humor than a hot bod anyday. Bodies fade, it is the spirit that has longevity.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options

For real?!
  • T_R_A_V
    Options

For real?!

Yeah I was told my avatar was offensive....WTF are u serious?
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i agree that abs are great but personality is way better, you gotta be fun and relaxed. as for how much abs, just developed not sculpted is great, and yes on the V
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

For real?!

OMG STOMACHS ARE THE DEVIL!!

pssshhhh, lame people are lame. Ignore them and they should go away.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options

For real?!

Was it the same lady who started the "offensive, vulgar, and violent" avatar b*tchfest earlier today? Because that was effing hilarious.
  • T_R_A_V
    Options
    no the acct is deactivated now.....so its prob ghost or some *kitten* right...
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options

For real?!

Yeah now I'm curious who would of sent you a PM about your abs. Get a life much!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I am starting to get bigger and bigger in the arms and shoulder/back and getting veiny which I like personally. I have come to the conclusion the bigger my biceps get and the more fat I lose the more my veins show.

I can see them in my neck, forearms, bi's and tri's and my jawline is getting very obvious. None the less I am just going to get veinier and veiner as the BF% drops so........I guess what I am saying is be who you are and as long as you are happy with the progress!

I want a full 6 pack and V but I dont know if it's in me or not. I can feel the abs and V under the flab and I can feel the flab getting thinner and thinner but I dont want to end up with that bodybuilder bloated muscular stomach look......EWWWWW

Sounds like a winning look, but truthfully, it's all about the personality. Bein jacked is just the icing on the cake!
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    This thread is endlessly fascinating to me - it seems like I'll never figure out what women are looking for physically - yeah, I get the personality/smile/laughing thing comes first - but we're talking physical improvement on this thread right?
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    In the abstract aman with chiselled abs is very pleasing to the eye. but you kind of get to thinking that hypothetical perfect abs guy spends a lot of time perfecting these abs, and loves these abs (and the rest of his perfect body more than he would have the capacity to love another person...

I think its important (for men and women actually) to be as healthy as possible (of course). But in terms of relationships I have chosen because of personality compatibilty primarily, tall/handsome were a bonus! I'm all about serious fun!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    This thread is endlessly fascinating to me - it seems like I'll never figure out what women are looking for physically - yeah, I get the personality/smile/laughing thing comes first - but we're talking physical improvement on this thread right?

haha I thought so too, but a lot of girls aren't playing along;P Either that or maybe they just have a really hard time separating the two? I know I have trouble separating physical looks and personality if I KNOW the person. Either way though, you are going to get mixed answers because we are all attracted to different body types.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

Looks pretty good to me... now just throw in a lil cologne with that smile and personality and you'll hook anyone you want
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Well, surely you have your answer by now and are just milking all of this attention but I can't say I blame ya. My opinion is a strong upper body says a lot (triceps are my weakness...) Fit abs, not necessarily cut to a 6 pack but toned. Veins are a total turn off for me. I don't like the body-builder physique at all, especially the cocky attitude that goes with it. Even when you know you look good, don't act like you know it. Ugh. Just be real.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Well, surely you have your answer by now and are just milking all of this attention but I can't say I blame ya. My opinion is a strong upper body says a lot (triceps are my weakness...) Fit abs, not necessarily cut to a 6 pack but toned. Veins are a total turn off for me. I don't like the body-builder physique at all, especially the cocky attitude that goes with it. Even when you know you look good, don't act like you know it. Ugh. Just be real.

^^^She must be friends with the offensive image poster.....hehe(JK)

What attention? I have no abs. I am contributing to my own thread and last time I checked it was an open discussion.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I have to take a minute and laugh.... laugh hard at some of the comments in this thread. :laugh: #1 a physically fit body is attractive, #2 Nice abs on a man or woman are hot #3 a person who puts that much devotion/effort in to getting and keeping their body fit is HOT. However, everyone has a personal opinion about that is attractive to them. Some men like big bootys and others don't. Same thing. :)
  • OhItsOn
    OhItsOn Posts: 36
    Options
    So I need to stop where I'm at, or what?

You should do whatever YOU are comfortable with and whatever makes you happy. Who cares what other think of your abs...

Or was this a self-promotional plug? smile. Good job. You've done well.
  • fullofhope
    fullofhope Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Most of the women here are thinking alike, regardless of what they like, you need to do what you want. I myself prefer a toned body, 6 pack is nice, forget the veins, hard biceps. I like to know I am in bed with a man, not a hunk of concrete. Just sayin' :bigsmile: