strength 2/7
  • thebigwindmill
    thebigwindmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    #102 checking in for 3/22

water 2/7
    cardio 2/6
    strength 2/4

I find it harder and harder to get 8 glasses in a day, even using a straw. It's like my body is disgusted at the thought of drinking more water. Today's my day off so hopefully that will up my ability to drink more. Certainly kills my no bathroom excuse.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Water 3/7
    Cardio 3/6
    Strength 3/4
  • tiddlyjinx
    tiddlyjinx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    #62 Checking in

water 5/7
    cardio 4/7
    strength 2/7

Question for you ladies. Is is better to work out before or after you eat? Do you increase your metabolism better one way?

I am getting a little down because I have been exercising, eating some of my exercise calories but not all, and the scale has gone up a pound. I have been eating good meals, lots of fibre and veggies. Is there something I am missing?
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    #62 Checking in

water 5/7
    cardio 4/7
    strength 2/7

Question for you ladies. Is is better to work out before or after you eat? Do you increase your metabolism better one way?

I am getting a little down because I have been exercising, eating some of my exercise calories but not all, and the scale has gone up a pound. I have been eating good meals, lots of fibre and veggies. Is there something I am missing?

Ok first of all don't feel down, you have literally lost a small child... 40 lbs is a lot.. Alot of times when the body hits a certain stages it takes a couple of weeks for it to realize yes I can give up this fat cause I still have muscle.. Don't give up, I do undertand whole heartedly what you are feeling.. I used to be 239 at my highest.. So yes I do get it.. As far as exercise eat a small meal before your workout.. Yogurt, bannana, right after a protein shake or bar.. I prefer myofusion so yummy... then eat my normal dinner. Or a protein shake before, but you want to wait at least 15 min after you meal to work out. The carbs will give you the energy to finish your workout. Protein helps your muslces heal, and they retain water and eletrolytes after a workout to start the healing process which will make you weigh more..
    So don't get hung up on the numbers.. They are just that numbers.. No one is going to know what you weight but they will see the new found confindence in the clothing you wear, you walk taller, and feel stronger.. Take a look in the mirror a long look, you are amazing.. You have don't a great job and have accomplished a great loss.. Do let the numbers make you look at it any other way that simply amazing... Keep up the great work.. I hope this helps in some way.

Laurie
  • bluemagic33
    Options
    water 5/7
    cardio4 /7
    strength 4/7
  • tiddlyjinx
    Options
    Thanks Laurie, you give such great advise and support, I really appreciate it!
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Still here. Busy with sister's wedding and son's activities. I will try to at least post and update on my accomplishments.

*Bluemagic - Keep up the great work! Like everyone already stated neither quitting smoking nor losing weight is easy and you're doing both.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Water 3/7
    Cardio 3/6
    Strength 3/4

I got nothing in today. Drank 4 waters. Done 2 mins of 4.0 walking/jogging. No strength at all. I've been in and out running errands all day. Grr.
  • bluemagic33
    Options
    water 6/7
    cardio5 /7
    strength 5/7

Tidyjinx you are most welcome, and I am glad it helped.. Mytac thank you yes both are hard. But I know if I did'nt have to take these meds I would be much better off.. But at least the first 8 weeks I need to continue to take them.. for my own sanity and to ensure I stay away from the smokes.. Just gotta keep doing what I am doing and even if the scale don't move I know when the pills when are done, with in a week it will be off..

Need to bump up the exercise too, quiting smoking decrease your metabolism as well.. So gotta regroup and make some changes going to start it with the other challenge going on.. Will continue to do as needed for this one since there is on ly one week left.
  • tiddlyjinx
    Options
    Tiddly Jinx #62

water 6/7
    cardio 5/7
    strength 3/7

Hoping for a loss tomorrow, fingers crossed. Have done exercise every day this week, which is more than I have done since I started.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Water 3/7
    Cardio 3/6
    Strength 3/4

I think I'm getting a toothache on the left side of my mouth. I stayed in bed most of the day. I'm hoping it goes away and I won't have to go to the dentist. :(
  • bluemagic33
    Options
    Chick hope you feel better..

Best of luck Jinxxx on your weigh in just remember you worked hard this week, you did all the right things. Don't rely on those numbers...

Mya we all get busy don't sweat it.. We know you are with us.. There are only like 4 of us left here??? I am starting back at the YMCA next week for my strength to keep up with my other challenge.. Most of you have moved over to the new summer challenge.. I will keep up with you over there..

Feel free to message me any time if you need anything. This is our final week this week.. So if I don't see you around on the boards I wish you all continued sucess in you weight loss journey.. Keep working towards your goal.. I will see you at the finish line:_

7/7
    6/7
    5/7

My suggestion for this week, Is to take all your favorites and make your routine to last 15 minutes and work it.... Make sure you get your cardio in.. Drink 1oz of water for each lb of body weight everyday. If you are 155 drink 155 oz of water... Just a thought not sure what chick has worked out.. Guess we'll find out tomarrow.
  • tiddlyjinx
    Options
    Tiddly jinx up 1.5 pounds.

Wanted to be down this week because I am heading out on vacation next week for 5 days, and wanted a bit of a cushion. No such luck! Hope you all were more successful!
  • rugrat200324
    rugrat200324 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Im still here too! Just been hard to get on the computer. I still post my daily intake but i do that by my phone. I will try to do better and get on at least one more time a week. Im happy to see that everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work. Quitting smoking is a hard thing to do, but you can do it keep it up!!! Once you hit 2 weeks of not smoking your lungs are 50% clearer. It makes breathing so much better and working out gets easier. Im not so out of breath anymore!!! Kep up the Great work Ladies!

Im down to 157 this week. 1 pound a week. Ill take it!!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Weighing in at 146.4. I was pretty sure I'd gain, because these last few days haven't been the best. At least I expected it. Wait a minute. I just looked at my weight chart I'm tracking by and on this challenge, I've LOST 2 ounces. I'd weighed in on Monday for another challenge and it was at 145.something. That's why I'm confused LOL.
    So on This challenge this week, I've lost 2 ounces. I'm definately okay with that, especially when I thought I'd gained.

I'm going to go type the new challenge now and then post the link.
  • thebigwindmill
    thebigwindmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Water 4/7
    Cardio 4/6
    Strength 3/4

Weight: 257.2. Same as last week but it's been a weird week so I can't complain.