strech marks and bikini

Options
1235»

Replies

• forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I think I have the worse stretch marks humanly possable on my stomach. They look like a road map and are DEEP reaching from above my belly button all the way to the bottom of my stomach YUK. Of course this is from having an almost 8 lb baby then twins weighing almost 12 lbs together. NO WAY would I wear a bikini but I agree with the tankini idea. I just want to look good in a swimsuit PERIOD I don't care if it's a bikini or a 1 piece :)

I'm about the same as this! Large first baby and twins for the second pregnancy means that my belly is not a pretty sight... my belly button is pretty much non-existent at the moment as well from the weight loss... I'm hoping that it will resume some shape once I'm finished though...

Just a thought, have you thought of a monokini style swimsuit? They're one pieces but with cut outs usually on the 'love handle' area... I'm thinking of getting one of those once the weight is off... I think they're just as sexy as bikinis but with a bit more coverage :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    My stretch marks are my badge of honor for being a mom :smile:
    Being a mom requires sacrifice, dedication and unending love.
    It deserves a badge of honor :smile:
    I show mine with pride!!!! (and they are horrific!!! :laugh:)
  • nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm going to post this, but here are my stretch marks in all their glory in a bikini. If people on the beach are offended that's their problem. I feel great.

25723G4.jpg

Wow you look great
  • curlygirlyful
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my stomach. Not because I have had a baby. I gained 30 pounds when I got married. I still wear a bikinni. It's all about confidence and how you feel in a bikinni. I also notice that a lot of other people on the beach have bodies different kinds of bodies. Have fun on your vacation.
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have terrible stretch marks and I'm very embarrassed by them. The worst part is that they aren't from being pregnant (nope, no kids for me) they are just from being fat. I don't know if I'll ever wear a bikini. I'm definitely not going to be ready physically or emotionally for a bikini this year. But I will be rockin' a tankini!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Whenever I am feeling uncomfortable about my body I look at this site http://theshapeofamother.com/.....Its absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!

And besides, you worked damn hard for that bod! I say rock the bikini!
  • ashley085
    ashley085 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have 2 kids and got stretch marks from both of them on my tummy and my upper thighs but I still wear a bikini! Im buying a new one this year to award my self for weight lost! Also, I start tanning right before spring starts that way Im tan before summer. Tanning is a good way to disguise your stretch marks!!!
  • LittleMissVintage
    Options
    If anyone asks: they're battle scars
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've got to admit that my stomach is the place I am most self-conscious about since having 3 children. Tons of stretch marks (it's like a roadmap) and flabby skin... like a dang udder or something when you bend over. I HATE it. So I cannot see me ever wearing anything that reveals my tummy again... however, my best friend gained as much as I did with her pregnancies, had stretch marks etc... then lost the weight. She still wore a bikini. And you could only tell when close up because you couldn't really see them from far away. She's had a tummy tuck now too, but that didn't take away all the stretch marks... and she loves her bikini! So I say, if you feel comfy in it, go for it!!!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    ok ladies wondering if anyone out there has strech marks on their stomach and if so do u wear a bikini i am going on vaca in a month and hoping to hit my goal weight im looking for swimsuits and not sure if ill wear a bikini or not. thanks

I've never been pregnant but I do have stretch marks and I still wear a bikini. Actually I've not went swimming or wore a bikini since 2006 when i weighed 120 but I still had visible stretch marks then and still wore a bikini.
  • fallenmack1989
    Options
    I had these massive stretch marks all the way across my back for about 2-3 years and my mom bought this stuff called "Elizabeth Grant: Essence of Torricelumn " and it has cleared them up so fast its amazing. It is a bit expensive, but you don't use a ton of it and it is soooo worth it! I thought maybe mentioning it might help some people like it helped me. btw, this isn't an ad or anything, just a testimony basically.
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    Umm I have stretch marks but they are not noticeable at all. You can only see them from up close but for some odd reason when I wear a tight white shirt my stomach looks like it has bumps all over my midsection. So my stretch marks are not noticeable but for some reason they are bumpy, but they're not deep stretch marks (I hope that makes sense). So when I touch my stomach, it's very smooth, but they look like I have dots all on my midsection.

My husband thinks that if I'm able to lose the weight and tighten up the skin, the bumps and dots might just go away.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am 3 stone overweight and have terrible stretch marks but last year in turkey I did wear a tankini. To be honest there are some people on the beach who really dont care what they look like so i shouldnt worry - go for it!
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    get a tattoo

Don't get a tattoo over stretch marks unless your artist knows what they are doing! If they press too hard the ink will bleed into the stretch mark and you'll have a weird streaky tattoo.
  • andreapbaker
    Options
    I had my daughter at age 15 and my body went from 90 pound teen to a 125 pound mommy. Yes, its been 16 years ago but my stretchmarks still remain.. I used to be very self consious about them but I have learned to accept them as a part of myself. Luckily I didnt get any on my stomach, but hips and thighs YES.. My advice is wear that bikini proudly girl!!! Im sure you are working your *kitten* off (literally)...lol.. So be proud of your body and be a rocking hot mom... stretchmarks and all....
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am feeling uncomfortable about my body I look at this site http://theshapeofamother.com/.....Its absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!

And besides, you worked damn hard for that bod! I say rock the bikini!

Thank you for the link! It has totally made my day!!! Made me cry even.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    If I ever get to a bikini body, I will wear my stretch marks like a badge of honor! Lol.

Love this!!!!! Girl me too! I have often said, THEY BETTER WATCH OUT WHEN I REACH MY GOAL WEIGHT because for one day Im gonna dress like a total Hootch! LOL Only for one day than I will be covered!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!