Favorite Lunch Sandwich

Options
MaryD4900
MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
I get sick of the regular turkey sandwich everyday for lunch so I wanted to share this yummy and low-cal version:

1 Bagel Thin
3 slices natural turkey breast (Hormel or Oscar Mayer are good)
1 TSB whipped cream cheese
sliced onions
spinach
sliced tomato or green apple

Toast bagel, spread cream cheese and layer ingredients! I love it with tomato but the green apple slices are a yummy tangy way to switch it up

*Only 273 calories!

Replies

• janetlove
    janetlove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy!! Will definitely try this for lunch.:happy:
  • Jennyryan21
    Jennyryan21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    that sounds REALLY good :) Thanks
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    sounds YUMMY!!
  • Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have to try it! very creative with the apple slice:smile
  • IanGiles
    IanGiles Posts: 54
    Options
    Sounds good and the cals look great, doesn't stop me hankering for a subway foot long BMT... Been so long my friend ;)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    ham, cream cheese and pineapple ring (after you blot the fluids off of it) is good, too. Sounds kinda weird, but it actually tastes pretty good.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    WOW! This sounds great! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That sounds INSANELY GOOD!!! Too bad I just did groceries, LOL. I'm adding the fixin's for this to the list next time though. :)
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    ham, cream cheese and pineapple ring (after you blot the fluids off of it) is good, too. Sounds kinda weird, but it actually tastes pretty good.

Ooh, that sounds amazing too! Like a mini Hawaiian pizza! Bet it would be fab toasted. <3
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Sounds good and the cals look great, doesn't stop me hankering for a subway foot long BMT... Been so long my friend ;)

ooooh I like the BMT too.... *sigh*

but the turkey sandwich sounds delish!! Will have to try. Always looking for lunch ideas :) Thanks for sharing!
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options

sounds yummy! The pineapple and cream cheese make me think of sweet and salty :)
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That does sound yummy ~ thanks! Another one we've recently added is the Castlewood Turkey Pastrami you can get at Sam's. Takes like real, delish pastrami, but it's turkey - waaaaay lower in calories. :drinker:
  • Bob002
    Bob002 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been using the multigrain flats, cajun roasted chicken, some miracle whip, tobasco coarse ground mustard, lettuce, tomato. comes in at like... 200 calories, if that.
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like a deli flat with turkey, hummus, and broccoli slaw (for crunch). If I'm ok with some more calories, I'll add shredded reduced fat cheddar, too.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird but I like it. Low sodium turkey on Sunbeam light white bread with French's spicy brown mustard,spinach,hot banana pepper rings, and a slice or two of tomatoes. I also will switch turkey with turkey bacon for a great BLT. It may not be your thing, but I love it.
  • Maureen80
    Maureen80 Posts: 10
    Options
    OK excuse my ignorance as i am from NZ but are bagel thins, like a dried bagel slice?? i have just ordinary bagels in my freezer that i use .
  • Maureen80
    Maureen80 Posts: 10
    Options
    OK excuse my ignorance as i am from NZ but are bagel thins, like a dried bagel slice?? i have just ordinary bagels in my freezer that i use . the sandwich sounds yum!
  • cardswimmom
    Options
    My fave: sandwich thin, brown rice tortilla, or or one slice of Aunt Millie's 12 Whole Grain Bread
    natural turkey or chicken breast
    tomato
    spinach
    cucumber slices
    bean sprouts or broccoli sprouts
    avacado or hummus
    slice of swiss (depending on calories that day)
    Sometimes it is hard to fit all of the goodness on the bread, but is so filling and yummy! :tongue:
  • Chrissle
    Chrissle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mine (I'm a veggie):
    Bagel Thin (Everything or Whole Wheat) - toasted
    2 slices of Tofurkey
    Sauerkraut
    Dijon Mustard
    Guacamole

Sounds gross probably but it is oh, so good.
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A bagel thin is just a really thinly sliced bagel. About half as thick as a regular bagel. Not as good as the real thing, but a lot less calories! They started getting popular in the US about a year or so ago (or maybe that's just when I discovered them lol)