MARCH 2011 - 30 Day Shred who's in?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I just started it today. Wow! What a work-out!! My legs are already sore so hoping I can suffer through it tomorrow...I will do it, sore legs and all!!
    Just wondering how to log it as an exercise on here though? It wasn't found in the database. I wasn't sure how many calories it burns...I did level one today. I just logged that I jogged for 20 minutes and it said I burned 200 and something calories....surely this work-out burned at least that much! It felt like it anyways....
  • kmma75
    kmma75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just finished L2 tonight and start L3 tomorrow. I am doing a preview right now....looks intense, but looking forward to it!
  • kmma75
    Options
    I just started it today. Wow! What a work-out!! My legs are already sore so hoping I can suffer through it tomorrow...I will do it, sore legs and all!!
    Just wondering how to log it as an exercise on here though? It wasn't found in the database. I wasn't sure how many calories it burns...I did level one today. I just logged that I jogged for 20 minutes and it said I burned 200 and something calories....surely this work-out burned at least that much! It felt like it anyways....

Log it as circuit training. I wore a heart rate monitor and it showed I burned 246 for level 1 and 304 for level 2.
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    20th day of 30 DS - Level 2 day 4 ...

I find level 2 very hard. I am so sore...my hubby tells me not to work out daily. But I gave him deaf ear:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • kmma75
    Options
    L3 D1 Wow! Had a hard time keeping up with them in some areas, but those of you who are on Level 1 or 2, its not that bad...I burned less calories tonight ( 245) than I did on Level 1 or 2...I will wear a HRM again tomorrow, now that I have an idea of what moves are coming and how to do them.
  • genst
    genst Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im switching to every other day now. Level 3 is hard but not enough cardio
  • kmma75
    Options
    L3 D2 Ok now that I have the moves down, I burned 277 tonight! Um rock star jumps definitely need some work on those....
  • kimberg75
    Options
    Okay...thanks!!
  • kimberg75
    Options
    I started Level one on Tuesday but I was SO sore that I couldn't do it on Wednesday or Thursday. I did do it again yesterday and today though! Not feeling as sore today so my muscles must be getting used to it already! YAY!! Although worried already about levels 2 and 3....how hard are they really?!? Hope I can tough it out....really want to do this for 30 days in a row, must make the time and suffer through the pain!! As Jillian says "Unless you faint, puke or die....keep going!!!" :laugh:
  • ronnieabc
    ronnieabc Posts: 23
    Options
    Hang in there. I was scared to do level 2 but I find it easier than level 1 for me. The amount of cardio on level 1 about did me in. Their is more strength in level 2 so finding that easier. All depends on what your strength and weaknesses are I guess. I haven't peaked at level 3 yet but I have 7 more of level 2 so we will see. Listen to your body but push yourself a little more than you normally would to get the benefits.
  • kmma75
    Options
    I started Level one on Tuesday but I was SO sore that I couldn't do it on Wednesday or Thursday. I did do it again yesterday and today though! Not feeling as sore today so my muscles must be getting used to it already! YAY!! Although worried already about levels 2 and 3....how hard are they really?!? Hope I can tough it out....really want to do this for 30 days in a row, must make the time and suffer through the pain!! As Jillian says "Unless you faint, puke or die....keep going!!!" :laugh:

So I decided to have a bowl of frozen yogurt tonight, and thought I should do 2 levels of the Shred. I started with Level 1 and skipped to Level 3. This was my 4th day of Level 3.

Anyways when I first started, Level 1 was killer to me, but when I did it tonight, I could not believe how far I had come along endurance wise!

Level 2 and 3 are harder yes, but not crazy hard. I found both took a couple days to get used to the moves. The further you plug along , the stronger you get.. I still can't keep up with Natalie though...LOL

Also make sure you spend more time cooling down then Jillian does...the extra time spent stretching will really help the sore muscles.

Well I am going to hit the shower...aahhh nothing better after the Shred!
  • anna441
    Options
    Day 22..... Off from work today...I am so sore, did Jilliam Michael 30 Day Shredd level 1 & 2 for 50 min....I am sweaty though
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Oh I wanna do this too but it seems like everyone is almost done. good for you guys!! What are your results??
    I think I am going to start an April 1 30 day thread.
  • kimberg75
    Options
    good idea on stretching longer....hadn't thought about that. I completed day 4 today and my muscles are a lot less sore already! :)
    I can't keep up w/ Natalie either....
  • genst
    genst Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    30 days done! I didnt take measurements but ive definately lost inches. Im starting it again but completely with Natalie and alternating levels.
  • kmma75
    Options
    I missed Monday and Tuesday, so as of tonight I have finished Level 3 Day 6. I will post results on Monday which will officially be the end of the 30 days. I am going to continue on with it though, because I know I still need more shredding :laugh:
  • anna441
    Options
    Wow the end of march is here.....

I did not complete the whole 30 days....but did do 30 DS for 23 days.....
  • kmma75
    Options
    No one posting results?

Anyways my overall results were:

1 pound lost
    1 inch off my bust, hips, thighs.
    1.5 inches off my waist and belly.

I am going to keep going for 30 more days in hopes of more toning..