Shred or Ripped in 30- starting 3/28

Options

Replies

• crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I just have to add that I just finished L1D1 and it's definitely not easy. I really had to push myself! I don't think I lasted a full 60 seconds with my 5 lb weights before I switched to 19oz soup cans lol!! No time to take a drink of water, so make sure your hydrated before the workout. On the bright side, it goes by really fast.. and the feeling of having finished it after doing your best feels great. I'll be checking in again tomorrow :)
  • bubblylady
    Options
    I started 30 day shred about 2 weeks ago. But I didn't take any measurements. Maybe I will take measurements and start fresh. Will check back in!
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    I just have to add that I just finished L1D1 and it's definitely not easy. I really had to push myself! I don't think I lasted a full 60 seconds with my 5 lb weights before I switched to 19oz soup cans lol!! No time to take a drink of water, so make sure your hydrated before the workout. On the bright side, it goes by really fast.. and the feeling of having finished it after doing your best feels great. I'll be checking in again tomorrow :)

That's great you started early! And yes I remember how great it felt after completing it! I'm excited to start Monday & look forward to hearing how you are feeling about it a couple days into level 1
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ok Ladies .... My measurementss as of today

Chest - 36
    Both arms - 11
    Both thighs - 22
    Waist - 31
    Hips - 36

I weighed in this morning at 153.5
    I'm 5'8

I have been doing the shred for about 4 days now but I will go the extra days at the end with you ladies!

Good luck everyone!

Like someone else said, level one is challenging but it does go by quickly. I plan on doing 10 days on each level and also doing some extra cardio 3 - 4 days a week.
  • 8sheila8
    8sheila8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    count me in. i was planning to start the 30 day shred tmrw anyways. so what a good way to motivate myself! =) i will post my measurments weight tmrw moring. (mondays are my weigh in day). Good luck to all! =)
  • Brittany689
    Options
    I'm in to!
  • crjugrl
    Options
    Checking in!

L1D2

I'm not as sore from the first day as I thought I was going to be. That probably has everything to do with the fact that I switched out my 5lb weights with 19oz soup cans like I mentioned yesterday. I mostly feel sore in my inner thighs (from the knees up) and upper arms (biceps and triceps), but not sore to the point where I can't move like I was expecting. When I did today's workout, that's when I felt my soreness the most. I realized that I was sore in more places than I originally noticed... Pretty much everywhere lol. I have a hard time with the very last exercise (bicycle crunches), and toward the middle of the workout I lose a lot of stamina when she does the "butt-kicks", jumping jacks, and jump rope consecutively. Remember, it only gets better!

Until tomorrow, fellow shredders. :flowerforyou:
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    great!
    Shred starts tomorrow, hope everyone is ready! And don't worry I havent forgotten to post my weight/measurements.. just woke up late today and I'm stuck at work until 10pm.. so I'll be posting it after. I did weigh-in this morning though and was 213.6
    I'll post the measurements later
  • hipchick82
    hipchick82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello group - I will post my measurements when I get home from work this afternoon. I do my exercises at night when my twins are asleep so that's when I'll start my shred. I'm excited to see everyone's progress (and mine)!!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I got the dvd a few weeks ago. I will post my measurements later when i do them.
    Exciting...
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I just bought it yesterday...I want in!!! I have been slacking for the last 2 months and have gained weight. Maybe this will get my butt in gear!:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • missxena
    missxena Posts: 70
    Options
    thats funny coming across this thread i just finished my go at level one and oh my god you feel it my poor legs not gonig to stop till i mastered it, im in :tongue:
  • 8sheila8
    8sheila8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Couldn't get myself up early enough to do it before work so i will do it when i get off work! =)

height 5'7

SW 282 03-14-11
    CW 273 03-28-11
    GW 150

Thigh 26
    Calf 18
    Arm 15
    Waist 49
    Bust 49 don't really want to lose much here ive always liked the girls lol
    Hips 49
    Neck 17

good luck to all!
  • crjugrl
    Options
    L1D3

The cardio is getting easier and I can already see my endurance increasing. Not really sore today at all either. That'll probably change once I get my hands on some actual 3lb weights, but for now the 5lb is way too much.. and soup cans will have to do. Happy Monday :wink:
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm in for doing 30 Day Shred for the next 30 days! I'll probably only do it every other day, because I'll be alternating it with Couch to 5K training. I'm down!

CW: 162.2

Measurements soon to follow.
  • cathy2ci
    cathy2ci Posts: 4
    Options
    can I join in too? I also will be doing it on alternating days...I am just starting to run...ok, jog/gasping walk, but you get the idea...i have the dvd, but have never done it yet.
    Just joined this site today...I will also be doing the insanity workouts, once i get them...if i can't burn the fat, i am going to scare it off my body,lol....
    i have to find a tape measure, for the starting measurements...and i love all the support on here..good luck to us all!

:heart:
    Cathy
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I will be doing the shred once I get off today.

Let me ask you all, are you doing any other workout along with the shred? Also, are you all "dieting" or roughly eating the same in moderation?

Thanks
  • blueviolet20
    Options

Let me ask you all, are you doing any other workout along with the shred? Also, are you all "dieting" or roughly eating the same in moderation?

Thanks

I'm doing C25K and walking in addition to shred. I'm pretty much eating the same in moderation, but trying to cut down on carbs and junk food.
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    Okay, here are my measurements.

CW: 162.2
    GW: 130

Waist: 34.5
    Hips: 39
    Bust: 38
    Left Thigh: 21.5
    Right Thigh: 21.75
    Left Arm: 12.5
    Right Arm: 12.5
    Body Fat %: ?
  • crjugrl
    Options

Thanks

I'm only doing the Shred. IF** I happen to have the energy one day, I may add in 20 minutes of Turbo Jam, but I'm usually so busy that 30DS is all I'll have time for. I'm not on a "diet" per se, but I am staying in my calories, which on here are set at 1200..plus I eat back most of the calories burned by exercise.