What do you eat for protein?

Options
I have very limited choices on "snack" protein. I hate yogurt and cottage cheese, thats what everyone always tells me to have as a snack ICK!? what do you eat?

Replies

• jenkramer
    jenkramer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky, string cheese, protein bar!
  • nomayyy
    nomayyy Posts: 28
    Options
    Trail mix? Good snack for protein and good nutrients..
    But they're really calorie dense - like what Jillian Michaels says.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    For protein for snacks I eat an ounce of cheese or nuts usually.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Tuna, skinless chicken, hard-boiled egg.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I drink protein shakes. They are gross at first, but once you get use to them they are quick and super easy!! I get the Optimum Whey Protein from bodybuilding.com
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    protein powder, chicken breast, egg whites, nuts, cheese, milk, tuna ( any fish), steak, beef jerkey
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You can do nuts or cheese, but know that they have a lot of fat. With nuts it's good fat, but unless your body uses that fat for energy immediately it will get stored as body fat.

I don't have a problem getting enough protein from my meals, so my snacks are generally vegetables. But, beef jerky, protein bars (I like Luna bars), and protein shakes are good options.
  • mugsy2010nic
    mugsy2010nic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs, tuna and boneless skinless chicken breasts...one thing to remember about protein is it will boost your testosteron and can break out your skin and since you are in need on 8 servings of water a day it can also make you retain this water, I make sure to work in some type of exercise each day! Nuts are good they also have oils protein shakes can make you retain fluids
  • ringclown
    ringclown Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    EAS Myo Lite Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp
    Egg Beaters
    Whey Protein shake
    Sargento® Light String Cheese Snacks
    Atkins Advantage Low Carb Bar Caramel Chocolate Peanut

Keep it up. Have Fun and laugh daily
  • brian712
    brian712 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat two table spoons of organic peanut butter
    Wall nuts
    Almonds
    Chashews
    Lentils
    Flax seeds
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Protein drinks (whey protein in unsweetened coconut milk is fast and easy.

Boiled eggs
    nuts
    some seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, etc)
    cheese (string cheese, those little round cheeses, brie, cheddar, etc)
    meat (precook chicken breast and keep it in the fridge to eat as needed)
    jerky
    greek yogurt (I don't care much for regular yogurt)
    beans (I like black beans with a little cheese or salsa stirred in)
  • elenaamaretto
    Options
    nuts. like almonds are my favorite, and chobani yogurts are amazing. I also have light string cheese and turkey sandwiches all the time lol
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt (best thing around for protein)

organic, nitrite free roast deli turkey

Boneless, skinless chicken
    shrimp
    cheese
    almonds
    peanut butter

protein bars (I only use Think Thin bars - all natural, sugar free, gluten free)
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Zone Perfect zone bars -they are the only protein bars I like.. the rest taste like chalk.
    100 Caloriecocoa roasted dark chocolate almonds
    Mini Babybel light cheese (50 calories)

YUM!
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs, tuna and boneless skinless chicken breasts...one thing to remember about protein is it will boost your testosteron and can break out your skin and since you are in need on 8 servings of water a day it can also make you retain this water, I make sure to work in some type of exercise each day! Nuts are good they also have oils protein shakes can make you retain fluids

where did you get the information about skin breaking out and boosting testosterone?
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love pumpkin seeds!
  • CuriousSoul
    Options
    Proteins frm Milk, Eggs, Meats, Fish, Nuts, Seeds and Beans including Soy/soya bean products and Lentils.

Snacks : Any of the above or Half a sandwich (small portion of Fish Fillet or any kind of meat with 1 slice of wholemeal bread/half a ciabata & with lettuce/tomatoes, etc),

I am not a fussy eater so when I pack my lunch, I will usually pack the same thing with extras for my snacks in a fraction (half/thrid) of my lunch portion. Can change the taste of the snacks by 1) spicing it up with more ground pepper, little bits of raw onions or chilli peppers or herbs and/or 2) adding or changing the vegetables in the sandwich like carrots or bell peppers/capsicium.

I love lean pork or beef mince with onions and I can easily cook them myself in a non-stick pan so I know how much oil I added to the mix - usually 1/2 tsp is plenty for me.

Oh I wanted to add that seafood like prawns/shrimps or oysters/mussels in small quantities occasionally could also be a protein snack item.
    For myself, I restrict my intake of seafoods except fish almost to the point of avoidance as they are high in iodine and I used to have hyperthyroidism (which partially attributed to my yo-yo weight losses and gains). Also cut back on seafood if you have high cholesterol.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I am looking to increase protein, but not at an increased sodium level-thus no cheese for me. I add a 1/2 cup of edamame (just let it thaw) to my salad or slaw= 8 gr protein. A serving of almonds is 6 gr. Krema Natural Peanut Butter - a little different from regular peanut butter. It's nothing but peanuts. I tried today on an apple cinnamon rice cake & it was pretty good for 16 gr protein.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options

Cholesterol is the building block for testosterone, not protein. Also, sodium and carbohydrates make you retain water, not protein.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    *bump*