I feel like stirring up some controversey

Options
First I want to say that I think this is an awful website and I am horrified that it exists.

Okay, I was reading an article in Redbook about this website called ashleymadison.com. It's a "dating" site for married people looking to have an affair!

This is unbelievable to me, how could anyone have created this website let alone JOIN! I'm pretty much outraged.

Replies

• shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Almost all dating sites have married people looking to have affairs. This one just admits it.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    It would be a cold day in Faerie Land if I found my love there....................just sayin........
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This was featured on television this morning also. Nice they are getting all this publicity huh?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Yea it's a sad idea but a great money maker so way to fill a void in the dating market us normal people didn’t realize existed super entrepreneur!

Cheating is bad, looking to cheat is super bad - not sure if words can express that enough.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Almost all dating sites have married people looking to have affairs. This one just admits it.

Ahhhhh that could be very true, great theory.
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ashley Madison has been around for a while... every so often it will get a lot of publicity and then it will die off for a while...

As a happily married man, I think its crap and very wrong. But I've known enough people that have cheated in marriages to not be surprised it exists and even thrives.
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    It's not any worse than all those websites that support and encourage people to be anorexic/bulimic. Besides, people are going to cheat on their spouses whether there's a website to help them out or not.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    its been around for quite a while, disgusting.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    It's not any worse than all those websites that support and encourage people to be anorexic/bulimic. Besides, people are going to cheat on their spouses whether there's a website to help them out or not.

Cheating on a relationship isn't really comparable to developing a psychological disease through your own thoughts and/or online forum encouragement/information that causes you to inflict injury on your body.

Yes they both involve emotions but cheating certainly isn't a disease although sex-addiction is if that’s what you are arguing.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    can single people go on and pretend they are married to get dates, you know, kind of like Match.com in reverse. :tongue:
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If people want to go on there....let them!

Karma is a bi*ch!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ive heard of the site,and its definatly a trip.But if people are going to cheat on someone they are going to do it even if the website didnt exist.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I dunno darkangel but if you keep showing me that *kitten* this is gonna become a dating site......just sayin....
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my faith in human integrity fell a little when I read that same article. Not because the site was out there in the world, but because of how immensely popular it is.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Cheating on a relationship isn't really comparable to developing a psychological disease through your own thoughts and/or online forum encouragement/information that causes you to inflict injury on your body.

Yes they both involve emotions but cheating certainly isn't a disease although sex-addiction is if that’s what you are arguing.

I thought his point was more along these lines: there are all kinds of websites out there that promote immoral/wrong/inappropriate/(insert your favorite word) behaviors. One is no worse than the next.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I heard most of it is just BS and Adult websites selling fake profiles to sucker people in.

The idea is pretty crappy but I think it's just a big scam. I guess that's perfect then. Those people deserve to get ripped off.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I dunno darkangel but if you keep showing me that *kitten* this is gonna become a dating site......just sayin....

:laugh:

It is nice isn`t it. :drinker:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    LMFAOOOOOO!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    yea , I can only hope that some of those ppls spouses find out they are on that site. I just don't understand the need to cheat, to literally go out LOOKING for someone to cheat with, if you dont want the person you're with, DON'T be with them!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    A cheater will find a way to cheat, if they want to pay someone to help them do it, they are an even bigger loser.