Eating peanut butter every day . . .

Options
Ok, so I seriously love peanut butter. When I have extra calories, I usually have a slice of toast with 1 T of peanut butter on it. If I have a lot of calories left over (which I work out for sometimes just to eat this), I will have a peanut butter & jelly and very occasionally a fluffernutter. I don't have a sweet tooth....these are my only weaknesses. Do you think it's bad to eat it every day? It's in moderation and within my calories. I do buy the all natural peanut butter. I swear sometimes I'll work out just to eat a pbj......and then I eat it so slowly, savoring every last little bite....YUM!

Replies

• ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    Hahahaa omfg are you sure you're not my sister?
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    i had a roommate that loved peanut butter so much, but ended up having high cholesterol from it. so just be careful with those kinds of numbers. and they actually have this: http://bellplantation.com/ !
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options

Hahahah....are you a pb addict too...or is your sister? lol
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I have to hide the PB cause my son will sit down and eat it with a spoon! haha
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    lol...sounds better then my addiction! (dark chocolate) I would stick to the natural peanut butter though, it's not loaded with sugar and extra fat and it's just better for you all around! :smile: Good luck...lol...addictions are never easy to get over!
  • Adrianamdelacruz
    Options
    I love Peanut Butter!! I really only have it now in my protein shakes with banana once or twice a week...my weakness is wine lol I'll work out more if I know I'm going to have a glass of wine...I know it's not good. I don't know whether it is bad to eat it everyday tho....sorry!
  • helbohn
    helbohn Posts: 44
    Options
    replace the bread with apple slices....THE BOMB!!! :-) at least once in awhile. :) i too, love the butter, but use almond instead.
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I don't think its bad to eat a little every day....I find myself craving peanut butter...:love: .then have 1tbs on toast for breakfast for a week and am good for a few weeks....but tonight a friend said peanut butter cookies and I WANT!:devil: !!!!!!!!!!! Too bad I didn't budget for peanut butter calories today :sad: I did find a good recipe for sugar free peanut butter cookies, but they still have 116 calories per cookie!
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/magical-peanut-butter-cookies-recipe/index.html
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day if I have not consumed enough calories I will take a spoonfull and sit down with it like a popcicle! :happy: yummyyyy
  • nwinburn
    nwinburn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Better'n Peanut Butter? Low Fat Peanut Butter that totally satisfies my peanut butter craving. I found it at Target and Trader Joe's stocks it too. Certainly a less creamy consistency than the real thing but awesome for 2g of sugar and 2g of fat.

http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/nutrition.php
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    replace the bread with apple slices....THE BOMB!!! :-) at least once in awhile. :) i too, love the butter, but use almond instead.

Agree, and melt the peanut butter in the microwave first and dip the apple slices I have this at least 5 times a week. ~180 calories.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter every day, haha. It's just soooo good. I put it on my oatmeal every morning. I usually wouldn't eat it multiple times a day though just because it's so high in fat. I buy natural peanut butter because it tastes better to me, but I'm really curious to try that PB2 stuff -- it's only 45 calories and 1.5 g of fat per serving!! They even have a chocolate one, mmm. That might push my PB&co. Dark Chocolate Dreams to the back of the shelf.
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options

Me. Man when I was first out on my own, a young bachelor and all, I used to make peanut butter and eggo sandwhiches haha
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter (the natural kind, not the sugar and million ingredients added kind) is very good for you. As long as it fits in with your calories and fat goals there is nothing wrong with eating it daily. Many mornings I start my day with whole grain toast and PB!
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    Options
    I do a PB and wheat sandwich on a peppridge farm sandwich thin everyday. No jelly. I feel that since I'm a vegitarian, PB is a pretty good source of protein. I eat this M-F for lunch along with triscuits and some fruit. I see nothing wrong with it...but thats just me! =)
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I have a peanut butter obsession! I stick a spoon in and just have it on its own. Yum
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol is only found in animal products! There is NONE in peanut butter! I eat peanut or almond butter everyday. Love it in oatmeal.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Me. Man when I was first out on my own, a young bachelor and all, I used to make peanut butter and eggo sandwhiches haha

Peanut butter and eggo sandwiches are the BOMB!! My son hooked me on to those lol *bad son*

To the OP I eat peanut butter alot. Not neccessarily everyday but I wouldn't see anything wrong with it. I eat Simply Jif Creamy 33% less sugar, low sodium peanut butter on celery stalks.

I'm going to try that melted peanut butter on apples. Thats sounds heavenly.
  • momaviolet
    momaviolet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOL my husband eats 2inch thick PB sandwhiches for lunch. if he could have his way he would eat PB all day every day
  • jrlitt76
    jrlitt76 Posts: 52
    Options
    have you also tried Nutella? almost the same nutritional content as PB but its cocoa/hazelnut!!! super delish especially if you add a bit to PB, then its like reeces toast!! decent protein fix and filling. :love: