Diet Coke or Diet Sodas in general?

Options
2»

Replies

• jsmjboertlein
    Options
    Those are just a couple for those of you interested in it. I don't think an every now and then soda is bad but too much of anything can be a problem especially something processed.
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    You can actually use coke diet or regular as a meat tenderizer because of its ability to disolve flesh. Think of that while you are trying to quit. That's what helped me kick it.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light - Fruit Punch is super sweet and only like 5 calories. Just saying...lol :)
  • sbchasin
    sbchasin Posts: 14
    Options
    You can actually use coke diet or regular as a meat tenderizer because of its ability to disolve flesh. Think of that while you are trying to quit. That's what helped me kick it.

Also works great to clean your windshield wipers! ;-)
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Soda pop in any form is full of sodium - drinking soda will encourage you to retain water as well

And the caffeine is a diuretic whch makes you shed water. I was told (by someone who used to work in the industry) that the carbonation is what thins the bones. So, anything that is carbonated is bad for you. Another thing about Coke is that it removes rust from chromed steel. Yikes!!
  • keepitoff99
    keepitoff99 Posts: 117
    Options
    Soda pop in any form is full of sodium - drinking soda will encourage you to retain water as well
    Really? How much is in a can of diet coke or is that just non-diet pop?
  • CountandBaxter
    CountandBaxter Posts: 31 Member
    Options

And the caffeine is a diuretic whch makes you shed water. I was told (by someone who used to work in the industry) that the carbonation is what thins the bones. So, anything that is carbonated is bad for you. Another thing about Coke is that it removes rust from chromed steel. Yikes!!

So even just soda water is bad? I love drinking water that I've carbonated by my Soda Stream.
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't use any artificial sweeteners at all. I don't think enough research has been done on them. Just because they may or may not cause cancer doesn't mean they won't lead to other problems, whether it's weight gain or otherwise.

If I drink soda, which I've significantly cut back on, I drink the regular stuff.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Diet sodas are proven to add belly fat.

uh where did you get that information from? can you provide the double peer reviewed scientific study that actually says belly fat is caused by diet soda.